drew86

van insurance
« on: May 11, 2006, 01:41:09 pm »
going to purchase a van and wfp how much can i exspect to pay for insurance, thinking of peugeot expert,fiat scudo side loading doors for easy access,just trying to work out my start up costs,also do you think i need a trolly aswell as a van mounted system,been sussing out areas to target and can see issues with access for van mount only.
It was this big.

ollybartlet

Re: van insurance
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 03:48:30 pm »
i cant see why you would need both van and trolley, i just got a 100 metre hose pipe so you can park it pretty much an ywhere

drew86

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 03:54:30 pm »
some of the 3 storey residential properties donot have parking and it would require running hoses 20>30 mtrs to gain access, may be health and safety issues with trip hazard.
It was this big.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 03:24:37 pm »
The cost of van insurance will vary greatly depending upon personal circumstances, value of vehicle, area, etc, etc.

As for buying a van mount and a trolley, don't bother with both, if you can afford a van mount system with 100m or more of hose, you will never need to use the trolley.   I sold our trolley system last year on ebay because it was redundant.

Believe me it is so much easier and quicker just running out a hose and pole from the van to the job, rather than humping a trolley pack complete with pump and battery pack plus 25-50ltrs of water and the pole!

drew86

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 03:39:03 pm »
thanks lionheart, i was just concerned that in some areas haveing hose trailed across residential areas could cause a trip hazard,in these day's of liability claims someone may see it as an oportunity.
It was this big.

Tim Morton

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 03:47:42 pm »
i was just concerned that in some areas haveing hose trailed across residential areas could cause a trip hazard,in these day's of liability claims someone may see it as an oportunity.

Just make sure that you put out a few warning cones and you'll be fine, I've trailed out 50M of hose on some of my residential jobs, just make sure that your warning cones are in obvious, sensible places, areas where you expect people to walk.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

neil100

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 03:49:49 pm »
On the van insurance, get as many quotes as you can online, leave your telephone no with van insurance companys.

I bought a brand new fiat ducato last October, I started a fresh insurance policy as I still have my car, I was given the max discount bonus of 65% to start, due to my driveing record, no points, no accidents in the last 5 years.

Total price £303.00.

Nel.

drew86

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 04:39:05 pm »
does that cover the equipment stored in van or would you require additional cover
It was this big.

simbag

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 09:56:32 pm »
does that cover the equipment stored in van or would you require additional cover

Could I second that.

Been trying to get a quote for both van and wfp after reading article in PWC mag, and so far no luck. One company (recommended in PWC), told me that they couldn't insure me for the lot, because the system was worth too much!!! (£4000 BTW including poles). The girl said, when questioned, that they had only successfully insured systems up to £1000!! :o So the DIY bracket then!

Has anyone successfully received a sensible quote for both, or has anyone tried insuring them seperately?

master cleaner

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 10:14:08 pm »
ive got the citreon despatch 1.9td my insurance was £322 fully comp with churchill they dont insure the wfp but a lot of other insurance companies if you have fitted a tank then class the vehicle as MODIFIED and this can add a lot to the quote churchill didnt class my van with a 400ltr tank as MODIFIED but did say that they were glad that i had told them and put a note on my policy

something to think about as insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying if you havent told them that you are carrying half tonne water

gary

simbag

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 10:27:05 am »
So, have you insured you tank elsewhere, or are you willing to take the risk should anything happen to it?

DASERVICES

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 10:34:09 am »

M,y insurance, fully comp for Fiat Scudo was £302 that was with Swinton.
  It's worth shopping around, I have van portable mounted and trolley system
  combined which I went the DIY route.

Works for me.

Doug

007 or what

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 04:09:41 pm »
I've just got van covered, public liability, and everything in it including all my wfp and any other tools/clothing all covered day and night for £450, Obviously i cant give you the name of the company but here is the number and try to speak to Owen, i dont know him persaonly but he sorted me out a treat.

Nick simpson if this helps :-\

simbag

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2006, 10:31:26 pm »
007 why can't you give the name?

Can you tell me the value of coverage you have, and if you have a manufactured system or not?

Cheers 

Simon

master cleaner

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2006, 10:36:35 pm »
I've just got van covered, public liability, and everything in it including all my wfp and any other tools/clothing all covered day and night for £450, Obviously i cant give you the name of the company but here is the number and try to speak to Owen, i dont know him persaonly but he sorted me out a treat.

Nick simpson if this helps :-\

where is the number

gary

macc

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2006, 08:45:07 pm »
Still waiting ???

007 or what

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 08:08:31 am »
SORRY really am sorry i have been away camping only just put PC on :-X Did not think i could put names of companys on here. but here it is anyway :-  ACADEMY 01256 368 666. 

I bought my system for £1250 From gardiner's and its all covered. Sorry for the delay

simbag

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 09:54:39 pm »
No need to apologise! Everyone is entitled to a break! ;D

Thanks for the number, do they have web presence?

Simon

007 or what

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 09:57:58 pm »

macc

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 11:12:25 pm »
Cheers Simon, going to give them a call.  ;D

macc