Suffolkcleaners

Re: Complaint
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 11:23:38 pm »
not sign written..just a ford car at the moment... Longterm may well get a van and move to wfp with signs etc but been working this way for years now and works for me :-) U Ipswich based?

tom20001

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 11:29:05 pm »
In relation to scratch waiver i personally dont use one but i think its a good idea in certain circumstances eg new custie with paint of glass, builder cleans etc

Most cleaners are competent and i dont think the issue is whether you scratched the glass because as you have pointed out if you know what you are doing its unlikely to happen. The issue in my opinion is a custie accusing you of scratching glass even thou u kno u did not. Here a waiver would be very useful

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 11:39:27 pm »
sorry cleancare.. u did say already you were Ipswich based.. ::)roll

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 11:45:02 pm »
The whole idea of a scratch waiver is abit new to me if I'm totally honest.... from a customers point of view.. what if u went and obviously scratched the glass? If I was a customer(always difficult to imagine I know) I'm not entirely sure if I would sign a scratch waiver...

If an incident occurs then deal with it then but in over 16 years window cleaning I have had one customer accuse me of scratching a window.... (even then she was a nut job lol)Just my opinion :-)

SeanK

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 11:49:20 pm »
In relation to scratch waiver i personally dont use one but i think its a good idea in certain circumstances eg new custie with paint of glass, builder cleans etc

Most cleaners are competent and i dont think the issue is whether you scratched the glass because as you have pointed out if you know what you are doing its unlikely to happen. The issue in my opinion is a custie accusing you of scratching glass even thou u kno u did not. Here a waiver would be very useful

Exactly Tom and the fact that you would have used a scraper on the glass wouldn't help your case.
Don't forget the first time the customer will get a chance to examine the new glass properly is when you will
have cleaned it and that's when any scratches will be noticed that more than likely wouldn't have been noticed before.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 11:56:42 pm »
Fair point there sean k... never thought of it like that :-)

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2014, 12:02:03 am »
Tom.. u say u don't use a scratch waiver.. but do you actually get a new customer to sign one if a paint job done etc? How many have you actually got to sign? The whole concept is new to me so just curious :-)

PoleKing

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2014, 07:18:06 am »
Yeah exactly.. id never use it dry either. So why get customer to sign a waiver?

Not needed in my opinion. If you know how to use a scraper, and use a SHARP fresh blade, with water & detergent you aint going to scratch that glass at all to be honest.

It's not that YOU will scratch the glass but the glass is really dirty, so dirty that any existing scratches will be hidden.
When you clean, you clear away all that dirt/stickers etc which may reveal existing scratches.
Because the customer couldn't see them before (due to the dirt) but can once you've cleaned, a lot of people assume the window cleaner made the scratch(es)
Getting them to sign the waiver, while you explain what I've just put, saves any ballache when you're done.
In fact, I usually say they probably will be scratched.
If they expect the worse, they'll only be more pleased.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

robertphil

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2014, 07:47:15 am »
suffolk ,wot colours ur car/  are you the famous black mondeo man ?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2014, 07:55:32 am »
Take your car to the car wash and ask them to remove tar spots and paint overspray .... all included in the standard clean price.
It's a game of three halves!

tom20001

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2014, 08:18:03 am »
Tom.. u say u don't use a scratch waiver.. but do you actually get a new customer to sign one if a paint job done etc? How many have you actually got to sign? The whole concept is new to me so just curious :-)

ive never got any1 to sign one mate nor have i tried

i avoid builders cleans like the plague but i like the idea of introducing it and i will. As granville said explain situation to custie, if i asked and  they dont sign it  i wouldnt  do the job

99% of people are fine but some people like to try take the poor windie for a ride and its that 1% we have to protect ourselves from. Ive insurance and of course they could claim from that but if im not in the wrong it would break my heart to have some make bogus claim against me

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2014, 10:16:03 am »

No Bobby unless there are 2 black mondeo cleaners about. Thats my mate steve, about a 52 plate quite a nice one. does some work over chantry near you.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

robertphil

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2014, 03:05:47 pm »

No Bobby unless there are 2 black mondeo cleaners about. Thats my mate steve, about a 52 plate quite a nice one. does some work over chantry near you.
Iv got in mind an oldey mondey , about T reggy .

Mike #1

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2014, 06:13:08 am »
If a conny has just been built and the company is still their i would not even touch the it maybe thats what they were getting at , Brand new shiny conny and you clean it before it has had a chance to get dirty . Mike