Recent Posts

Window Cleaning Forum / Re: I just did not want this one!
« Last post by zesty on Today at 04:47:12 pm »
£25 a sill + travel 👍

Will keep you posted
« Last post by michael mckeary on Today at 04:11:45 pm »
I usually soak a rag in strong hypo mix and leave it on for an hour and do 4 or 5 of them. Tea break and then go back and remove one and dip the rag in the hypo again and put it on another one then go back and clean the sill with small nail brush and soap solution. Go round the rest in same way but I would need a good return to bring them up like new. I buy 50 rags for £35 from Screwfix, cheap as chips.
« Last post by JandS on Today at 12:52:59 pm »
Monty miracle patio cleaner...https://montymiracle.co.uk/products/
« Last post by Smudger on Today at 11:23:07 am »
£25 a sill + travel 👍
« Last post by zesty on Today at 09:04:03 am »
Been asked to do similar, have pied it off, too much faff.

You can quote it Darran? I’ll add 10% on  ;D
« Last post by Smudger on Yesterday at 11:22:26 pm »
Absolutely- stone sills are not part of a window clean in my book
« Last post by Bungle on Yesterday at 11:19:49 pm »
Clean a lovely Cotswold retirement village.  All is well, newly built when i started 5 years ago.  Lovley pvc windows and beautiful stone sills.  5 years on and the sills are as the picture shows, a car crash.  Moss, mould, black spot, lichen etc etc.  its 3 stories high and they have asked if i can clean the sills.  Don’t want to say no as I don’t want to say no.  Just been on FWC ISOH health and safety course as a necessity to comply and come off safe contractor scheme.  This has slowed my recklessness down.  Anyone been asked to complete a similar stone sill job.  Thinking, hypo, jet wash, biocide, but any experience of such a sill clean will be appreciated

Difficult one. You've cleaned the sills. The stone looks manky. But who washes stone down when cleaning windows? Where does it stop?
« Last post by Smudger on Yesterday at 11:17:53 pm »
Hypo and pressure will get them reasonably clean but at the risk of damage

We doff them - perfect results
Window Cleaning Forum / I just did not want this one!
« Last post by Jack Judd on Yesterday at 11:12:13 pm »
Clean a lovely Cotswold retirement village.  All is well, newly built when i started 5 years ago.  Lovley pvc windows and beautiful stone sills.  5 years on and the sills are as the picture shows, a car crash.  Moss, mould, black spot, lichen etc etc.  its 3 stories high and they have asked if i can clean the sills.  Don’t want to say no as I don’t want to say no.  Just been on FWC ISOH health and safety course as a necessity to comply and come off safe contractor scheme.  This has slowed my recklessness down.  Anyone been asked to complete a similar stone sill job.  Thinking, hypo, jet wash, biocide, but any experience of such a sill clean will be appreciated
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10