Gilbert Sprous

Re: Business from the web
« Reply #220 on: February 03, 2008, 10:38:53 pm »
I just googled "office cleaner" no city or anything, pretty hard keyword to achieve success.  The page that has number one is 100% title, 81% discription, and 77% keyword relevancy.  I have taken you advice and at least matched it now but having 100% on all I do not think is absolutely necessary.  I hope my links start showing soon though because we are both right there.  Links are important.  I started with links that are relevant with high PR, so when they come in I think  I should improve.  I dont think I requested links from anything less than PR3 although I have done some on less but that was usually a request from them.  But from what I am reading.  A PR 6 will get scanned about once a week.  PR5 about Once every 9-5 days, and PR 4 about once a month, then it goes down from there.  It is hard to get listed quickly free with High PR never the less quickly.  The articles have helped and they are starting to show up but the rest will have to wait for them dang spiders lol.

mancharry

« Reply #221 on: February 03, 2008, 11:06:50 pm »
As you don't seem to take my subtle hints, here is the meta analysis of the highest listed company (not directory) for the search term 'office cleaning nottingham':
100% relevance is achievable and if you do achieve it you will be highly listed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title relevancy to page content is excellent.
The Title relevancy to page content is 100%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: Description meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 84 characters.

Description relevancy to page content is excellent.
The Description relevancy to page content is 100%.

Keywords: Keywords meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 14 keywords and 216 characters.

Keyword relevancy to page content is very good.
The keywords relevancy to page content is 93%.

Robots: The Robots meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 18 characters.

Author: Found no author meta tag.
This tag is not really required but can help for your (company) name recognizing. 

I just googled "office cleaner" no city or anything, pretty hard keyword to achieve success.  The page that has number one is 100% title, 81% discription, and 77% keyword relevancy.  I have taken you advice and at least matched it now but having 100% on all I do not think is absolutely necessary.  I hope my links start showing soon though because we are both right there.  Links are important.  I started with links that are relevant with high PR, so when they come in I think  I should improve.  I dont think I requested links from anything less than PR3 although I have done some on less but that was usually a request from them.  But from what I am reading.  A PR 6 will get scanned about once a week.  PR5 about Once every 9-5 days, and PR 4 about once a month, then it goes down from there.  It is hard to get listed quickly free with High PR never the less quickly.  The articles have helped and they are starting to show up but the rest will have to wait for them dang spiders lol.

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #222 on: February 03, 2008, 11:29:57 pm »
Again you have not taken mine.  Keyword relevancy is 93% just barely above mine now.  I took the advice and revised my key words and if you would not have jumped the gun and checked I now have a 88% key word relevancy.  I think 100% on the other two which I alredy had.  I do know what you are talking about but your post just proves I was right.  100% is not imparitive.  Thanks for the help.  Go back and read our posts and you will see.  And again it took me 3 minutes to update so no big deal.

mancharry

« Reply #223 on: February 03, 2008, 11:35:59 pm »
I am talking about the keywords when I say you miss my subtle hints
not 'office cleaner' but 'office cleaning nottingham' which is very specific to your business and area.
you need to be 100% with these keywords (aswell as others which you need to research)

Again you have not taken mine.  Keyword relevancy is 93% just barely above mine now.  I took the advice and revised my key words and if you would not have jumped the gun and checked I now have a 88% key word relevancy.  I think 100% on the other two which I alredy had.  I do know what you are talking about but your post just proves I was right.  100% is not imparitive.  Thanks for the help.  Go back and read our posts and you will see.  And again it took me 3 minutes to update so no big deal.

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #224 on: February 04, 2008, 12:06:51 am »
Did you check my meta tags?  I have them in there, those have always been there.  did a page snoop on them also and they do not have "office cleaning nottingham" as a single keyword either, they have all the words in there just as I have.  See you are operating on half information and now you are really not impressing me.  You can not just run the analyser, run the snooper.  It will tell you exactly what keywords people are using.  Cheers

mancharry

« Reply #225 on: February 04, 2008, 09:09:19 am »
I'm not impressing you? Not trying to.
My sites are all on page 1 of Google and that's good enough for me.
Good luck with your efforts I'll keep my advice to myself from now on.
Regards

Mancharry
Did you check my meta tags?  I have them in there, those have always been there.  did a page snoop on them also and they do not have "office cleaning nottingham" as a single keyword either, they have all the words in there just as I have.  See you are operating on half information and now you are really not impressing me.  You can not just run the analyser, run the snooper.  It will tell you exactly what keywords people are using.  Cheers

slb

« Reply #226 on: February 04, 2008, 01:05:17 pm »
Hi,

I really enjoy this post ,

where can you check how many links are linked to your webpage.
whats is high PR, how can you find if they are high PR.

Thanks a lot boys.

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #227 on: February 04, 2008, 01:20:26 pm »
if you type into yahoo search link:yourdomain.est and it will tell you what links are out there for your page.  Alternatively if you use the tool I put in an earlier post, http://www.submitexpress.com/analyzer/ it will check the major search engines for you for free.  You will need to hit the link popularity button.  Also type in both the www.domain.ext and just domain.ext it will give you two different results depending on how you list your site in directories.  PR (Page Rank) is a word developed by google but is now commonly accepted by all search engines they just do it in a different way.  Page rank is from 0-10 with the best being highest.  There is a lot of factors that go into PR and they range from number of links, Quality links (these are links that are relevant to your page), key words, loading time, description, title and so forth.  I think some of the page rank pretty arbitrary but most of it not.  I think the google home page is the only PR 10.  If a cleaning company could get to 2 from what I am seeing it would be good.  If you download the google toolbar it has an area for PR and will display on all pages you are on.  I think you have to turn it on though.  I think that answers all your questions, if you have more let me know if I can help.

Alan Rowley

« Reply #228 on: February 04, 2008, 01:35:23 pm »
Just to hijack this thread for a while ...

Gilbert, we are based in the East Midlands, although we do mainly domestic cleaning. We are based in Eastwood and Borrowash. Where are you?

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #229 on: February 04, 2008, 01:43:13 pm »
Mansfield Woodhouse but have contracts in Chesterfield, Nottingham, Farndon (hopefully that one is bid) and a few other spots, hoping to grow.  Forgive me about not knowing where some places are, but if you are interested in a lead in Sheffield let me know as I have a guy there that I do office cleaning for and wants me to do his house, he said it was pretty big, but I do no domestic cleaning.  If it works out to a steady contract maybe you could slip me a few quid for it, if not oh well.

Alan Rowley

« Reply #230 on: February 04, 2008, 01:47:21 pm »
Hi Gilbert,

Sheffield is a bit out of the way for us, though I am very close to M1 junction 27, so if it's South Sheffield, I may be interested - especially any one off full cleans.

Maybe we should keep in touch in case we get offered work in each others areas. I'll PM you shortly.

ALAN.

Alan Rowley

« Reply #231 on: February 04, 2008, 02:04:16 pm »
Gilbert,

Only just realised you can't send PMs on this forum. I have sent you a message via the contact page on your website.

ALAN.

PS - you can have your thread back now !!!

:)

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #232 on: February 04, 2008, 02:15:05 pm »
Will defintely keep you in mind.  I like your site.  Look forward to hearing from you and I am about through with this thread anyway so if you want you can have it lol.

Gilbert

slb

« Reply #233 on: February 04, 2008, 09:32:25 pm »
if you type into yahoo search link:yourdomain.est and it will tell you what links are out there for your page.  Alternatively if you use the tool I put in an earlier post, http://www.submitexpress.com/analyzer/ it will check the major search engines for you for free.  You will need to hit the link popularity button.  Also type in both the www.domain.ext and just domain.ext it will give you two different results depending on how you list your site in directories.  PR (Page Rank) is a word developed by google but is now commonly accepted by all search engines they just do it in a different way.  Page rank is from 0-10 with the best being highest.  There is a lot of factors that go into PR and they range from number of links, Quality links (these are links that are relevant to your page), key words, loading time, description, title and so forth.  I think some of the page rank pretty arbitrary but most of it not.  I think the google home page is the only PR 10.  If a cleaning company could get to 2 from what I am seeing it would be good.  If you download the google toolbar it has an area for PR and will display on all pages you are on.  I think you have to turn it on though.  I think that answers all your questions, if you have more let me know if I can help.

Thanks a lot mate.
Regards

slb

« Reply #234 on: February 08, 2008, 07:38:40 pm »
Do you know how often google revise the website?
Regards

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #235 on: February 09, 2008, 04:11:55 pm »
With the new alogorithims it is supposed to be a continuous but it will not reflect on the page rank bar until google updates and from what I understand that is about every three months.  I am not sure how accurate this information is, I just remember reading something about it. 

mancharry

« Reply #236 on: February 09, 2008, 05:13:09 pm »

Algorythms, pr ranking etc etc you sound like an expert!
I may come to you for advice.......not
Ps No one with a PR ranking which is  higher than your i.e. 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 would be unwise to link to your site as this will reduce their ranking.

Mancharry
With the new alogorithims it is supposed to be a continuous but it will not reflect on the page rank bar until google updates and from what I understand that is about every three months.  I am not sure how accurate this information is, I just remember reading something about it. 

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #237 on: February 09, 2008, 05:27:39 pm »
I do enjooooooy talking to you so much.  I currently have 5 links, a couple are self generated 2 are from PR 4 and one is PR 5.  I have a 2 x PR 6 that will be added once they are crawled.  That is why I question what you say a lot of the time it is because you dont check and give cock eyed advice.  I aslo have quite a few others in the works that will probably take a litlle longer as they are lower PR and will probably take a while to be crawled, I did the simple thing and before you make some off the wall post, I know they are directories but as in your post I want the quality links that will give me a good PR and position, it takes time and sometimes up to 6 months, but my site will not be a flash in the pan, that gets noticed for a few months until someone comes along and does it right.  Now put in your post, quality v. quantity with links.  Go ahead I know that you get the quantity, but to get the quality where you last you have to be patient.  I read a great article on your method the other day and I could have sworn it described you to a tee, but not sure.  This will be my last post to you as I have decided you are a waste of my time.  Cheers

mancharry

« Reply #238 on: February 09, 2008, 09:37:32 pm »
Maybe thats why i am No1 on page 1 of Google and you are not anywhere to be found!
I rest my case.
Results not fancy talk about page rank and algothingies
I didn't pay £15000 for a franchise and get nowhere
I don't talk the talk, I walk the walk GILBERT
C U on page 136 of Google!
I do enjooooooy talking to you so much.  I currently have 5 links, a couple are self generated 2 are from PR 4 and one is PR 5.  I have a 2 x PR 6 that will be added once they are crawled.  That is why I question what you say a lot of the time it is because you dont check and give cock eyed advice.  I aslo have quite a few others in the works that will probably take a litlle longer as they are lower PR and will probably take a while to be crawled, I did the simple thing and before you make some off the wall post, I know they are directories but as in your post I want the quality links that will give me a good PR and position, it takes time and sometimes up to 6 months, but my site will not be a flash in the pan, that gets noticed for a few months until someone comes along and does it right.  Now put in your post, quality v. quantity with links.  Go ahead I know that you get the quantity, but to get the quality where you last you have to be patient.  I read a great article on your method the other day and I could have sworn it described you to a tee, but not sure.  This will be my last post to you as I have decided you are a waste of my time.  Cheers

mancharry

« Reply #239 on: February 09, 2008, 09:46:28 pm »
PS is 4 years at NO 1 spot in Google a good sign you have succeeded?
I've been No 1 for that long. Does that count in your algothingy,PR rated books?
Maybe thats why i am No1 on page 1 of Google and you are not anywhere to be found!
I rest my case.
Results not fancy talk about page rank and algothingies
I didn't pay £15000 for a franchise and get nowhere
I don't talk the talk, I walk the walk GILBERT
C U on page 136 of Google!