myvanwi

Re: Business from the web
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2008, 07:40:55 pm »
http://www.maidsofhonour.net/start_your_own_cleaning_business.htm
for anyone who wants to do the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am just working on the very same operations manual.  I intended to sell the information when my website was up and running. You have beaten me to it. You seem to have alot of good ideas. No-one else seems to be selling a decent one (have seen point2point and others-rubbish). You should do well with this. Good Luck!

drive surgeon

« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2008, 03:54:46 pm »
suppose it differs in different citys!  i get not much from the interenet but do well from directorys.

mancharry

« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2008, 11:28:14 pm »

Glad to be back winding you up again. Seems you haven't lost any of your negative attitude!

Gary J are you still in business? see Arthur no longer posting and CMS has disappeared. What a surprise.......... so negative about the web and all the benefits it has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still around and doing very well.

Wasn't anti-web, none of us were, just anti-you.

EIGHT cleaners and ONE HUNDRED clients, LMFAO, you call THAT success. Each client about 2 hours per week then, oh well, at least there is someone out there mopping up the work nobody else wants.

We all DO have websites, just didn't want one of yours as they were so bad. I know someone who bought one of your sites, is HE still around?   NOPE  ;D ;D ;D ;D

mancharry

« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2008, 11:29:35 pm »
Are you the guy that phoned me on friday?

I am just working on the very same operations manual.  I intended to sell the information when my website was up and running. You have beaten me to it. You seem to have alot of good ideas. No-one else seems to be selling a decent one (have seen point2point and others-rubbish). You should do well with this. Good Luck!

mancharry

« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2008, 11:57:15 pm »

What city are you in?
suppose it differs in different citys!  i get not much from the interenet but do well from directorys.

myvanwi

« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2008, 07:05:12 pm »

No I have never phoned you I was waiting for a reply online in case you were not interested in designing and hosting a web site for us. I am a woman not a man.

mancharry

« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2008, 09:31:18 pm »
Should have guessed with a name like Myvanwi, sorry!!!
Did you say you were in Atherton?
If I make a website, I will only make one for any town, so as long as you don't want business in Bolton I'm sure I can help. Visit the 'start your own business page' and give me a ring if you want.

No I have never phoned you I was waiting for a reply online in case you were not interested in designing and hosting a web site for us. I am a woman not a man.

mancharry

« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2008, 09:33:14 pm »
Good job you're into cleaning cos your maths isn't up to much!!!!
 ::) ;D

Glad to be back winding you up again. Seems you haven't lost any of your negative attitude!

Gary J are you still in business? see Arthur no longer posting and CMS has disappeared. What a surprise.......... so negative about the web and all the benefits it has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still around and doing very well.

Wasn't anti-web, none of us were, just anti-you.

EIGHT cleaners and ONE HUNDRED clients, LMFAO, you call THAT success. Each client about 2 hours per week then, oh well, at least there is someone out there mopping up the work nobody else wants.

We all DO have websites, just didn't want one of yours as they were so bad. I know someone who bought one of your sites, is HE still around?   NOPE  ;D ;D ;D ;D

garyj

« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2008, 09:47:07 pm »
Yep, I'm still thick as  8)

Go one then, do the maths for me.

Didn't expect me to be positive did you  :P.

mancharry

« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2008, 09:53:16 pm »
I don't need to do any working out, all I know is that we are doing good and hope to continue to do so.
PS I am a car finance broker in my day job and have worked with numbers for over 23 years so my maths is ok ( as long as I've got a calculator to hand!!!!!) ;D

Yep, I'm still thick as  8)

Go one then, do the maths for me.

Didn't expect me to be positive did you  :P.

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2008, 01:53:58 am »
I have read this thread with great interest and would like to get involved.  I will have to say that Mancharry is pretty darn good at selling stuff that is free.  You do not have to have a spam site to get the hits from adwords or the search engine results.  You can use your current page and get just as much.  I came on this site hoping to get some good information exchange.  In some places I see a little help going on, some I see a lot of people backing off, scared they will give up to much information and lose some of thier own business, guess I cant fault that last part much.  But this whole thread has left me laughing at times and I would have to agree that Mancharry does not belong on this site.  I have posted in other threads how you can get value hits through Adwords and it is free guys.  I am giving you for free what I have found out in the last few months of heavy research on the internet itself on how to make it work for you.  Now that is what this site is about.  I did not come here to try to be sold to by someone that is not even delivering value for money. 

Mancharry relates two different areas to each other that has no relation.  You could have no metatags, no keywords in your html, and your description could be totally wrong and you can still make adword work.  Adwords does not care about that stuff the search engines do though for page rank.  I have learned all this by reading, I have a passion for it so I do it in the evenings when work is done (too much my wife says but it has paid of "so far").  Another thing that Mancharry always used was these page analysis, I found probably the exact same site and have been using it for over a month trying to optimise my page (it has only been up for about 1 1/2 months) and I will share it with you for free again it is http://www.submitexpress.com/analyzer/ .  To give you great info about what to use it for, the analysis that Mancharry is running is called metatag analyser and has a button.  You just type in your domain and it will check you meta tags for free.  If you are wondering what other sites are using as keywords then just type in their site and it will tell you.  It is not illeagal because it is part of the site and you just can not see it.  If you want to know the link popularity of your site just go to the link popularity button and it will tell you how many links there are to your site or other peoples if you want, again it is not against the law it is public knowledge. 

As far as adwords and getting good quality leads I have another post (I think it is in the carpet cleaning section) that has a lot of good information on it about how to get those.  I have shut mine down as I am only small at the moment and I have 50000 GBP in quotes out and if all of them accept (if only I would be that lucky) I would have my hands full.  If you can not find it and you are interested I will post a lead on my next post.

So what do you say should we use this forum for what it is meant for: a meaningful EXCHANGE of ideas.  I will be more than glad to help "for free" on your websites if you will help me become more knowledgable about other aspects.  ie.. there is a thread that talks about "builders clean tenders".  I have already did my first builders clean and obviously did a pretty good job, because when I followed up with the director after the clean he said it was above expectations and would forward my name to all his project managers.  To be honest I have completed my first one but I do not even know what a tender is.  What does it consist of, why do I need it? kind of thing.  I will look for a post in that thread because this is the wrong thread for that but I think every one gets what I am talking about.  basically I will say it one more time "Lets use this forum as, I don't know, what do you say, maybe a FORUM"

Cheers

mancharry

« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2008, 12:21:02 pm »
Thats a pretty long post and I have skirted through it. You are right in a lot of what you say, you can check your own site and get info on meta tags etc for free. The problem is for most people when they get the info they don't know what to do to make their site better. Adwords is pay per click advertising so your site doesn't have to be set up correctly you just have to pay more than anyone else to get to the top! Very costly......
If you think all I want to do is sell stuff that is free anyway you are wrong. I recently had an email off a carpet cleaner in london who had paid a lot of money for a site that wasn't listed in the search engines. I reviewed his site and gave him my opinion as to what needed doing to make it better -- oh yes and I did it for free!!!!
I like you have spent many years working on the web and have a knack of getting sites listed - its not rocket science but things have to be done a certain way. If you think I should give away this knowledge for free I disagree - I have spent countless hours researching and messing around til i got it right so if someone wants the benefit of all this time, I want something back for it!

Regards

Mancharry

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2008, 12:41:22 pm »
I think you have missed my point, I don't think you should do anything for free if you feel that you add value to someones website.  My point is that a forum is meant for an exchange of ideas.  There are some places here that are for selling but the thread clearly states that.  If you go back to your original post some years ago I think, you started this thread with an offer of help that eventually turned into a selling attempt. 

My next point that you missed, and I understand it was a long post and should have been an article lol, is that I have not been doing this for years.  I have been doing it for 2 months, before then I had no idea what a meta tag was or how to do anything in HTML, I knew what HTML stood for but that is about it.  I bought my webspace in november, designed my website (with little success) and started reading on the net about how to  make it listed, higher rankings, and how to make adwords work.  I feel for a layman I have been very succesful.  If you google office cleaning east midlands I have like the number 2 slot for SER (search engine results, you probably know this acronym I posted for others) and the number 1 slot for builders clean east midlands.  I know I have work to do to get some of the more specific keywords but I am working on it and will share the info as I acquire more.  I know it takes work, such as search engine submission, article posting, blogging, and directory submission.  I am working on all that and will see if it works over time.

Since this is a forum I feel that it should be an exchange of ideas where we both add value to each others business.  If you want to give me some free info I will take it quite gladly, here is a question that you might be able to answer.  Does the BBCode that we use in blogs register as a link when used as I do in my signature the same as if I was to use HTML.  See I just found out what BBCode was two nights ago, but I started reading and googling till I found out how to do my signature as a link to my website but I am not sure if I am heading in the right direction with that.

Good luck with your business anyway

Cheers

slb

« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2008, 12:58:36 pm »
Hi,
office cleaning east midlands you will get a good rate but in london is a bit more dificult because is a lot of companies.
What is <META name="ROBOTS" content="INDEX,FOLLOW">
Regards

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2008, 01:13:45 pm »
The meta tag for spiders from search engines is always "robot" and it tells them what you want them to do when they index you page.  Basically the meta tag I added there is the defaullt and does not necessarily need to be added.  But I did it just in case.  There are I believe 3 different robot meta tags.  One tells them to fully "index" you hyperlinks on your page and to "follow" those hyperlinks and keep going.  This will be important if you have child pages to the parent page (home page) these are the front page jargon, if you use a different web publisher unfortunately I am not sure what they would call a child page and home page but the child pages are the ones that your home page link to, as in my site with the different types of cleans, they are the child pages to my home page.  So you want the spider to index those as well, dont forget you will want to set up the meta tags for title, description, and keywords for each child page also, this will help with thier individual page rank.  Another is that you can have them indexed but do not follow, of if you have broken hyperlinks on your current page or if you have a lot of link exchanges then you can request that the spider not index the hyperlinks at all.  The second two options seem worthless to me but not real sure.  Hope this helps.  I almost sound like I know what I am talking about lol.

Cheers

slb

« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2008, 01:15:14 pm »
Thanks

mancharry

« Reply #216 on: February 03, 2008, 08:42:09 pm »

No idea what a BBCode is , never used a blog to get any improvement to any website I've made either
Had a look at your site - suggest you review your keywords, I have done a keyword analysis on Google and Yahoo and there were no records of any searches done last month for 'office cleaning east midlands' - you need to be more specific and incorporate the new keywords into your page content, and meta tags. If you cover 'Nottingham' and 'Derby' these words would be ideal!

Mancharry

I think you have missed my point, I don't think you should do anything for free if you feel that you add value to someones website.  My point is that a forum is meant for an exchange of ideas.  There are some places here that are for selling but the thread clearly states that.  If you go back to your original post some years ago I think, you started this thread with an offer of help that eventually turned into a selling attempt. 

My next point that you missed, and I understand it was a long post and should have been an article lol, is that I have not been doing this for years.  I have been doing it for 2 months, before then I had no idea what a meta tag was or how to do anything in HTML, I knew what HTML stood for but that is about it.  I bought my webspace in november, designed my website (with little success) and started reading on the net about how to  make it listed, higher rankings, and how to make adwords work.  I feel for a layman I have been very succesful.  If you google office cleaning east midlands I have like the number 2 slot for SER (search engine results, you probably know this acronym I posted for others) and the number 1 slot for builders clean east midlands.  I know I have work to do to get some of the more specific keywords but I am working on it and will share the info as I acquire more.  I know it takes work, such as search engine submission, article posting, blogging, and directory submission.  I am working on all that and will see if it works over time.

Since this is a forum I feel that it should be an exchange of ideas where we both add value to each others business.  If you want to give me some free info I will take it quite gladly, here is a question that you might be able to answer.  Does the BBCode that we use in blogs register as a link when used as I do in my signature the same as if I was to use HTML.  See I just found out what BBCode was two nights ago, but I started reading and googling till I found out how to do my signature as a link to my website but I am not sure if I am heading in the right direction with that.

Good luck with your business anyway

Cheers

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #217 on: February 03, 2008, 09:11:22 pm »
Both Nottingham and Derby are in the text of my page.  I understand about the keyword meta tags but from my understanding it is not as important and you will not be penalised as long as the keywords are not spammed.  I know I have about a 58% key word relevance.  I think part of the problem is that I use cleaning in the meta tags more than in the page.  I use like Office cleaning, builders cleans, pub cleaning, and so forth and probably should use the word clean, cleans, cleaning, and then idividiuals like office, pub, and so forth.  I am just going to have to wait for the nottingham office cleaning to improve, I am doing what I need to do to improve PR and I know that the search on MSN and Yahoo for East Midlands is not as popular but it was a starting point.  As my PR improves and I have the keywords in there then perhaps I will go up in those ranks.  Just time I hope.

mancharry

« Reply #218 on: February 03, 2008, 09:31:50 pm »
time has nothing to do with it!
1. you need 100% title/keyword/description relevance with the right keywords
2. don't bother with words like clean and cleans you need to concentrate on cleaner , cleaners and cleaning.
3. Spamming words is only important in your meta tags not on the text on your page
4. You also only have 4 links into your site from other websites - search engines would not see your site as important because they think it is not popular on the web.
You can get your site submitted for free all over the show but use a dump email address because you will get loads of spam emails.

Mancharry

Both Nottingham and Derby are in the text of my page.  I understand about the keyword meta tags but from my understanding it is not as important and you will not be penalised as long as the keywords are not spammed.  I know I have about a 58% key word relevance.  I think part of the problem is that I use cleaning in the meta tags more than in the page.  I use like Office cleaning, builders cleans, pub cleaning, and so forth and probably should use the word clean, cleans, cleaning, and then idividiuals like office, pub, and so forth.  I am just going to have to wait for the nottingham office cleaning to improve, I am doing what I need to do to improve PR and I know that the search on MSN and Yahoo for East Midlands is not as popular but it was a starting point.  As my PR improves and I have the keywords in there then perhaps I will go up in those ranks.  Just time I hope.

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #219 on: February 03, 2008, 09:47:59 pm »
I just started listing to directories about 3 weeks ago.  Some of them take up to six weeks (the ones with any PR) to get you listed.  That is the time that I am talking about.  Google says 6 weeks to 3 months.  I have articles submitted and am just now starting to use forums.  So as far as I can see there is only time left.  I will take a look at the key words though thanks