CMS

Re: Business from the web
« Reply #180 on: March 03, 2006, 11:05:53 pm »
Yeeeeesssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shelton

« Reply #181 on: March 03, 2006, 11:09:51 pm »
Congratulations everyone, job well done.

« Reply #182 on: March 03, 2006, 11:16:57 pm »
I would just like to say that enqireis which I have received from yell.com have a higher rate of turning into real jobs.  Yell.com is very well known directory, it is working very well and delivers a very good value for money (priority listing with a link to your website cost around £30 per month).

Mancharry website had a very clear description of which areas of Newcastle we would serve, but most enquiries that we were receiving were from outside specified area.  That makes me wonder whether people bothered to read what that website was saying.

I probably should not have used the word junk, describing Mancharry website, what I meant was SPAM, but it probably means the same as in PR matter any spam is a junk.

I still believe that internet is not very good place for cleaning companies to hunt for customers (I mean Newcastle upon Tyne area), however presence on the internet is very important as website is a very useful PR tool.

Kind regards,
Arthur

*Chris Browne

« Reply #183 on: March 04, 2006, 08:14:41 am »
lets not forget that yell.com has also a free lising service ;)

chris

« Reply #184 on: March 04, 2006, 09:33:11 am »

chris

Free listing is without link to your website

*Chris Browne

« Reply #185 on: March 04, 2006, 11:26:00 am »
yes i know, not everyone will want a link to there website as not everyone as a website, i do not have a link although i have a site, i have the basic free listing which i get plenty of work from ;D

chris ;)

HandyExperts

« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2006, 09:13:02 pm »
Hi,

Just to let you know that Google are offering free web pages.

http://pages.google.com

It's fairly easy to create your own simple Web Pages. If you know how to use something like Microsoft Word, you should have no problem creating your web pages.

Don't forget that once you have created your web pages you should promote them via various online free business directories that are available.
Clive works for www.HandyExperts.co.uk

« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2008, 08:54:50 am »

chris

Free listing is without link to your website
that would depend if you company name is a website address

mancharry

« Reply #188 on: January 20, 2008, 08:31:03 pm »
Hello, Mancharry is back! still doing loads of business from the web. Employ 8 cleaners now over 100 clients and more coming every day! How you all doin???????????????????????????????????

mancharry

« Reply #189 on: January 20, 2008, 08:40:10 pm »
http://www.maidsofhonour.net/start_your_own_cleaning_business.htm
for anyone who wants to do the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

myvanwi

« Reply #190 on: January 20, 2008, 09:26:08 pm »
Hi

we get 3-5 jobs per day www.housebuddies.co.uk for domestic cleaning from the web but we do drop 5000 leaflets a week.

Get about 2 per week from yell.com but can be patchy though high quality leads last year I got a £600 job for the hq of the girl guides so it paid for itself straight away then did not get anything for 3 weeks?

I see the website as your online brochure people may look and research you before calling.

At my peak we got 30 calls a day now its 5 but there is alot more competition now.

Thanks

Carl

How do you get 5000 leaflets delivered weekly, do you pay a distribution company. Could I see your flyer to check if we have missed anything obvious from ours.
Thanks

*Chris Browne

« Reply #191 on: January 20, 2008, 09:37:32 pm »
There are a lot of companies around that will deliver them for you.

Chris

myvanwi

« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2008, 12:14:33 am »
Yes I know I was ripped off twice. They just didn't deliver them, so since then we have tried to deliver them ourselves but takes too long.

mancharry

« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2008, 12:45:40 am »
leaflets are awaste  of money!!!!!!!!

mancharry

« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2008, 12:59:36 am »
Gary J are you still in business? see Arthur no longer posting and CMS has disappeared. What a surprise.......... so negative about the web and all the benefits it has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

martin19842

« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2008, 01:09:24 pm »
hi there

we do very well off the net.

reasonable hit rate per month.

regards

martin

*Chris Browne

« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2008, 01:41:41 pm »
I get almost all my work from the web, fully recomend it.

Chris

CLEAN-MASTER

« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2008, 02:23:45 pm »
How do you get much from the web?
My site is listed on all the free directories I can find plus I use google adwords & Microsoft adcenter to appear near the top of page 1 for any domestic/office cleaning searches in Kent. At present I average only1 hit/day as so few people search for their cleaner online, where am I missing all this online business?

garyj

« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2008, 05:33:34 pm »
Gary J are you still in business? see Arthur no longer posting and CMS has disappeared. What a surprise.......... so negative about the web and all the benefits it has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still around and doing very well.

Wasn't anti-web, none of us were, just anti-you.

EIGHT cleaners and ONE HUNDRED clients, LMFAO, you call THAT success. Each client about 2 hours per week then, oh well, at least there is someone out there mopping up the work nobody else wants.

We all DO have websites, just didn't want one of yours as they were so bad. I know someone who bought one of your sites, is HE still around?   NOPE  ;D ;D ;D ;D

myvanwi

« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2008, 07:06:41 pm »
If anyone has a cleaning business in manchester edinburgh or bristol and wants some enquiries for domestic cleaning I have fully functioning highly listed websites available which have already had enquiries.
They are going to waste at the moment!
I have a domestic cleaning company in Atherton and we desperately need an affordable website. However you may not want to deal with us as we are in direct competition with your other half  HA! HA! If you can help please could you give us some idea of costs for keeping us at the top of all the listings,