« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2006, 04:20:06 pm »
Man Cherry

Thankyou

Paul

mancharry

Re: Business from the web
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2006, 10:01:25 pm »
ARTHUR
GOT 2ND ENQUIRY NOW IN A PLACE CALLED 'JESMOND' 2 BED APPARTMENT WANTS WEEKLY CLEANING.
NOT BAD AFTER 3 DAYS EH!
DO YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THIS ENQUIRY ASWELL?
PETER

mxg

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2006, 10:43:08 pm »
Peter

Why is it that only your Bolton site makes it to number 1 on Google ? Is there a technical reason

I would have thought that it was the most important one. Personally speaking I have used Google almost exclusively for the last 5 years or more. Prior to that I used Yahoo but I have never used the others. Not sure if I am typical or not

Mick

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2006, 10:57:48 pm »
Hello Peter,
I have sent you e-mail through www.newcastle-cleaner.co.uk.
Regards,
Arthur

mancharry

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2006, 11:12:33 pm »
Peter

Why is it that only your Bolton site makes it to number 1 on Google ? Is there a technical reason

I would have thought that it was the most important one. Personally speaking I have used Google almost exclusively for the last 5 years or more. Prior to that I used Yahoo but I have never used the others. Not sure if I am typical or not

Mick
Hi Mark
Google really is the daddy but its the hardest to crack! Maybe I just got lucky with Maids of Honour- maybe an editor just liked the name who knows! All I know is that I will keep trying on all the sites I have and sooner or later I'll get there. Most of the site are in google but don't appear on the first page for the obvious keywords but search  on Google for example 'domestic cleaning quote edinburgh' and the site there is No 1- search for 'domestic cleaner edinburgh' and its nowhere! Still trying to work out but I only made the sites in december so less than a month has passed!

« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2006, 06:45:25 am »
Hi Arthur

Sorry I have not responded quicker, I advertise on yell.com, and advertise my web site in my targeted area via leaflets and parish magazines.

I find my web site is used as an online brochure to check the company out before booking.

I did try google adwords but I am to thick to set it up properly!!!

« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2006, 08:59:21 am »
.... I advertise on yell.com, and advertise my web site in my targeted area via .....parish magazines....

I promote my business in the same way.  Does yell.com work for you?
Regards,
Arthur

mancharry

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2006, 12:10:55 am »
If anyone has a cleaning business in manchester edinburgh or bristol and wants some enquiries for domestic cleaning I have fully functioning highly listed websites available which have already had enquiries.
They are going to waste at the moment!

*Chris Browne

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2006, 09:25:23 am »
Heres a couple of good ones
http://www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/ranking-reports/
that will check your rankings in all search engines
Then there is   http://www.copernic.com   this will search all the search engines, this is the one i use every day for searching (small download but worth it, get the free one and youll never use google again)

chris

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2006, 06:05:29 pm »
Heres a couple of good ones
http://www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/ranking-reports/
that will check your rankings in all search engines...

Thanks Chris,
Have you got any links/tips, which would help to improve the ranking for free?  Do you get enquiries from the internet? 
I noticed http://www.scsf.co.uk promoted by Ad Words.
Since I started my Ad Words campaign I have only had one click, but no enquiries from it, so I decided to try Peter's (mancharry) service for couple of months to see whether it works for me. 
However, I should say that about two weeks ago I started advertising on yell.com and have already had three enquiries from it!
Kind regards,
Arthur

*Chris Browne

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2006, 06:31:16 pm »
Hi arthur

I have done better from yell than any other form of advertising even though i have a fairly good ranking in google with www.imagecleaning.org (search cleaning in birmingham or solihull)

chris

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2006, 06:52:22 pm »
Hi Arthur

Yell has good months and then really bad ones but I have always come out on top I think it is one of those things that gets better over the years so I will stick it out.

Thanks

Carl

the red carpet

« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2006, 05:49:38 pm »
some of you on this thread seem to know a bit about websites so if you could give me your views on mine it would be apreciated www.carpetcleaningessex.com

what can be done to improve this site?
how does it view on your screens as iv only viewed it of mine, do the pictures take a long time to come up?
and how can i improve my search engine listings?

would any of you be able to get it listed at the top of the search engines for me? and if so how much would you charge me to do this?

mancharry

« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2006, 06:00:25 pm »
some of you on this thread seem to know a bit about websites so if you could give me your views on mine it would be apreciated www.carpetcleaningessex.com

what can be done to improve this site?
how does it view on your screens as iv only viewed it of mine, do the pictures take a long time to come up?
and how can i improve my search engine listings?

would any of you be able to get it listed at the top of the search engines for me? and if so how much would you charge me to do this?

Just had a quick look and found the following

Meta tags analysis for www.carpetcleaningessex.com/

Title: Title relevancy to page content is terrible.
The Title relevancy to page content is 0%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: Description relevancy to page content is terrible.
The Description relevancy to page content is 0%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Keyword relevancy to page content is terrible.
The keywords relevancy to page content is 0%.

Robots: Found no robots meta tag.
This tag is not really required but helps spiders to index the web page.

Author: Found no author meta tag.
This tag is not really required but helps for your (company) name recognizing. 

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but its not good!
have a look at this one I just made
www.carpet-cleaning-kent.co.uk this is the report for that one

Meta tags analysis.
Title: Title meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 66 characters.

Title relevancy to page content is excellent.
The Title relevancy to page content is 100%.

Description: Description meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 112 characters.

Description relevancy to page content is excellent.
The Description relevancy to page content is 100%.

Keywords: Keywords meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 6 keywords and 91 characters.

Keyword relevancy to page content is excellent.
The keywords relevancy to page content is 100%.

Robots: Found no robots meta tag.
This tag is not really required but helps spiders to index the web page.

Author: The Author meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 46 characters.

BASICALLY IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOUR SITE LOOKS LIKE ITS JUST HOW IT GETS PICKED UP BY SEARCH ENGINES.

I CAN BUILD YOU A SITE AND GET IT LISTED FOR £59 PER MONTH!

« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2006, 06:06:53 pm »
...what can be done to improve this site?
how does it view on your screens as iv only viewed it of mine, do the pictures take a long time to come up?....
With broadband connection it did not take me more than couple of seconds to open your website, I guess everybody has broadband these days.  The site looks good to me, I would not make any more comments as my own website came under a heavy criticism and I have not yet sorted it out.
Arthur

the red carpet

« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2006, 06:11:10 pm »
hi mancherry,

i had a report like the one you have just shown done on my site before and it said it was a lot better than that ???

the adress i just gave you was another domain name i have that points to my original site, does this make a difference?
my original site is www.vipcarpetcleaningessex.com would it make any difference if you got the report on that adress?

what sort of listings would you get me for £59 a month?
would you be able to get it listed as it is, or would you need to create a new site from scratch?

*Chris Browne

« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2006, 06:36:03 pm »
hi

why dont you try yourself? have a go with google adwords after a few minutes you will have cracked it! and if you open your index file in your web software (open the html bit) you can easily make the changes suggested, dont worry its not a geeky thing! anyone can do it, some people make it sound complicating but its not!

chris

the red carpet

« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2006, 06:53:31 pm »
cheers chris,
(anyone can do it, some people make it sound complicating but its not!)

you have just made it sound complicated to me ??? index file ??? web software ??? html bit ???

thats all just gone over my head mate, computers aint my thing

did you look at my site? i have put a link to scsf

why dont we find someone who knows there stuff and try and use our buying power through scsf to get a good deal?

the red carpet

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2006, 01:13:13 am »
iv been trying to do some research on all this on the web and i have found a site that helps you build meta tags, this is what i have come up with

<title>carpet cleaning essex</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<meta name="Description" content="carpet & upholstery cleaning by steam clean method our cleaners clean carpet and upholstery throughout essex loughton essex harlow essex chigwell">
<meta name="Keywords" content="carpet cleaning essex, carpet cleaner essex, carpet cleaning harlow, carpet cleaner harlow, carpet cleaning loughton, carpet cleaner loughton, carpet cleaning buckhurst hill, carpet cleaner buckhurst hill, carpet steam cleaning essex, carpet cleaning woodford, carpet cleaner woodford, carpet cleaning chigwell, carpet cleaner chigwell, carpet cleaning waltham abbey, carpet cleaner waltham abbey, carpet cleaning ware, carpet cleaner ware, carpet cleaning herts, carpet cleaner herts, carpet cleaning hertfordshire, carpet cleaner hertfordshire, carpet cleaning ig10, carpet cleaner ig10, carpet cleaning en9, carpet cleaner en9,">

im not sure i have got this right ???

if i have, how do i now add these meta tags to my site

i have changed the title so it is now less than 60 letters

*Chris Browne

« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2006, 10:47:00 am »
hi

in the software that you build your site, you must be able to open it in "html"
Have a look, then replace what you have with the new coding
or you may be able to open document properties and insert them there.

chris