Re: Business from the web
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2006, 08:20:33 pm »
...I have made the website and uploaded it at www.newcastle-cleaner.co.uk Use the contact form on there to send me your email address, telephone number and specific geographical areas you want to target and I will set the site up to forward all enquiries to you. This will be totally free with no obligation for one month. If it hasn't worked we'll call it a day and change it back to my details but if it has worked you may consider letting me manage the internet for you while you concentrate on cleaning! What do you think?
mancharry,
Thank you for your advice and offer to help.  “Hunting” customers on the internet is like fishing, let me have all the pleasure ;).
Regards,
Arthur

mancharry

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2006, 11:34:27 pm »
...I have made the website and uploaded it at www.newcastle-cleaner.co.uk Use the contact form on there to send me your email address, telephone number and specific geographical areas you want to target and I will set the site up to forward all enquiries to you. This will be totally free with no obligation for one month. If it hasn't worked we'll call it a day and change it back to my details but if it has worked you may consider letting me manage the internet for you while you concentrate on cleaning! What do you think?
mancharry,
Thank you for your advice and offer to help.  “Hunting” customers on the internet is like fishing, let me have all the pleasure ;).
Regards,
Arthur

Like anything else some are better at it than others. If you haven't got the patience let me know!
Peter

mxg

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2006, 11:38:45 am »

Mancharry / Arthur

I and I assume lots of others are very interested in the outcome of this little experiment so I would appreciate it if you could keep us updated on progress and the end result.

If it works I might even sign up for one myself but at the moment I remain to be convinced.

Mick

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2006, 07:21:18 pm »
Like anything else some are better at it than others. If you haven't got the patience let me know!
Peter

Peter,
I have as many key words as possible, I have now tree ads with different wording.   I will change my site, thank for the criticism and hopefully local people will be visiting my web more often.
Thank anyway,
Regards,
Arthur.

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2006, 07:21:41 pm »
....If it works I might even sign up for one myself but at the moment I remain to be convinced.

Mick

Mick,
Peter offer one moth free trial, just ask.
Good luck,
Arthur

« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2006, 02:18:34 am »
Got first click today from AdWords!

pjulk

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2006, 08:24:33 pm »
Central Window Cleaners Said -
I keep updating my pages whenever I can to try to improve the things you mentioned, but am not to worried at the moment. I mainly point all my current customers to it for additional services and payments

You keep updating you website.... Yea right
Look at my site which is nearly two years old.
I made this myself and put the words in in my own writing
http://www.1stclasscleaning.co.uk/

Now look at your site unless your psychic how come most of your site is like mine word perfect.
I know you have changed the header and put some more text in.

When i made my site i wanted something that is not the same as other and now you rip most of this off

Here is your site
http://centralwindowcleaners.co.uk/
It made me laugh where you even put in the copyright info how can you copyright something you stolen.

I don't mind people using my ideas but would have been nice to have been asked

Paul

mancharry

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2006, 10:28:18 pm »
I can send you some html code to paste into your pages that will stop the average person knicking your pics etc send me your email address via www.newcastle-cleaner.co.uk and I'll send it to you.

*Chris Browne

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2006, 10:31:32 pm »
Thats naughty, but how do we know who did the first one?

chris

mancharry

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2006, 10:36:46 pm »
I am glad you are getting there. I've already had 2 clicks from adwords since saturday- no enquiries yet though but not submitted to any other search engines yet.

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2006, 10:57:40 pm »
I am glad you are getting there. I've already had 2 clicks from adwords since saturday- no enquiries yet though but not submitted to any other search engines yet.
The key-word, which I had click from, was “molly maid”, but I did not have enquiry after that click.  May I ask you how much you pay per click for key-word  “Cleaners in Newcastle”, the reason I am asking is because my ad comes third and yours first.  Excuse me if my question is not appropriate.
Regards,
Arthur

pjulk

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2006, 11:26:03 pm »
Thats naughty, but how do we know who did the first one?

I have all the templates i would gladly show anyone
and any changes i have made over the last 2 years.

Plus i would not say if it was not true.
He only had too ask i would have gave him some templates but asked him to change the wording.

Paul

mancharry

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2006, 11:30:07 pm »
Arthur
other factors affect your position ie how much you spend per day- at peak times if you up the amount to say £100 per day your ads will get better exposure. My max bid is 20p
I have no problem with any of your questions and will give you an honest answer. I dont have a business in newcastle but have the means to make one work!
Peter

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2006, 07:57:12 am »
Tnx Peter

mancharry

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2006, 10:20:45 am »
Tnx Peter
ARTHUR
GOT FIRST ENQUIRY TODAY FOR A ONE OFF CLEAN WITH A POSSIBILITY OF REGULAR WORK IN THE FAWDON AREA FOR A 3 BEDROOM HOUSE---DO YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH IT? I WILL FORWARD YOU THE DETAILS IF YOU LIKE.
PETER

Timmy Boy

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2006, 10:30:07 am »
Guys
I would love to build my own website. I have my own domain name etc and I was going to get someone to buid it for me but I would rather try myself first. What do I need to put a reasonable site together? Or is it a 'go on a course' type thing.
Regards
Tim

supernova77

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2006, 02:18:59 pm »
Mancharry,

I've taken a look at your newcastle-cleaner.co.uk website.

Google might not like the keyword spamming much. It might be worth you toning in down a bit?

Andy

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2006, 02:33:00 pm »
Hi Paul,
sorry you think I ment to copy your pages but  the text and pics I have been using since I started my site over a year ago.

I did reuse the idea of your left hand buttons but the logo etc I have been using for over 3 months since my last revision.

I would be happy to change this if you are not happy with it.

mancharry

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2006, 04:06:42 pm »
Mancharry,

I've taken a look at your newcastle-cleaner.co.uk website.

Google might not like the keyword spamming much. It might be worth you toning in down a bit?

Andy

Meta tags analysis for www.newcastle-cleaner.co.uk
Title: Title meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 61 characters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title relevancy to page content is excellent.
The Title relevancy to page content is 100%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: Description meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 147 characters.

Description relevancy to page content is excellent.
The Description relevancy to page content is 100%.

Keywords: Keywords meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 11 keywords and 224 characters.

Keyword relevancy to page content is excellent.
The keywords relevancy to page content is 100%.

Robots: Found no robots meta tag.
This tag is not really required but helps spiders to index the web page.

Author: The Author meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 62 characters.

YOU ONLY GET PENALISED FOR KEYWORD SPAMMING IN TITLE, DESCRIPTION AND KEYWORDS- NOT THE TEXT ON THE PAGE!

I HAVE CHECKED ALL PAGE SETUP ISSUES AND THEY ARE ALL FINE ACCORDING TO MSN

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE ANYWAY!

mancharry

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2006, 04:13:56 pm »
Guys
I would love to build my own website. I have my own domain name etc and I was going to get someone to buid it for me but I would rather try myself first. What do I need to put a reasonable site together? Or is it a 'go on a course' type thing.
Regards
Tim
MY ADVICE WOULD BE TO BUY A WEB BUILDING PROGRAM WITH TEMPLATES IN IT AND USE ONE OF THOSE. YOU CAN GET THEM FOR ABOUT £20.
IT WILL STILL TAKE YOU AGES TO SUSS OUT HOW TO USE IT THOUGH- I SPENT ABOUT 2 YEARS WORKING WITH MINE - I AM NOW ABLE TO DO MOST THINGS ON MY OWN BUT IT HAS TAKEN A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT UNDERSTANDING HOW AND WHY THINGS WORK.
HAVING A WEBSITE IS GREAT AND YOU CAN SPEND THOUSANDS ON HAVING ONE MADE OR MANY HOURS BUILDING YOUR OWN BUT THIS IS WORTH NOTHING IF YOU DON'T GET THE SITE LISTED AND GET PEOPLE ON IT.
TRUST ME, ITS NOT WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT IF YOU DON'T!