mancharry

Re: Business from the web
« Reply #240 on: February 09, 2008, 09:55:51 pm »
PPS being No 1 means that I have never paid for and delivered one single leaflet through anybody door for them to throw in the bin. We have been fully booked after 30 days of trading and are still fully booked now even with 9 cleaners working for us. I don't have to come on clean it up and ask for tips or referrals because I don't need them.
You, on the other hand do, and thats why you don't like me and the things I advise.
Your loss not mine!
PS is 4 years at NO 1 spot in Google a good sign you have succeeded?
I've been No 1 for that long. Does that count in your algothingy,PR rated books?
Maybe thats why i am No1 on page 1 of Google and you are not anywhere to be found!
I rest my case.
Results not fancy talk about page rank and algothingies
I didn't pay £15000 for a franchise and get nowhere
I don't talk the talk, I walk the walk GILBERT
C U on page 136 of Google!
I do enjooooooy talking to you so much.  I currently have 5 links, a couple are self generated 2 are from PR 4 and one is PR 5.  I have a 2 x PR 6 that will be added once they are crawled.  That is why I question what you say a lot of the time it is because you dont check and give cock eyed advice.  I aslo have quite a few others in the works that will probably take a litlle longer as they are lower PR and will probably take a while to be crawled, I did the simple thing and before you make some off the wall post, I know they are directories but as in your post I want the quality links that will give me a good PR and position, it takes time and sometimes up to 6 months, but my site will not be a flash in the pan, that gets noticed for a few months until someone comes along and does it right.  Now put in your post, quality v. quantity with links.  Go ahead I know that you get the quantity, but to get the quality where you last you have to be patient.  I read a great article on your method the other day and I could have sworn it described you to a tee, but not sure.  This will be my last post to you as I have decided you are a waste of my time.  Cheers

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #241 on: February 09, 2008, 10:55:57 pm »
Ok refer to earlier post c ya

mancharry

« Reply #242 on: February 09, 2008, 11:17:17 pm »

Ok refer to the fact that
1.  you have bought a franchise for £15000 at least and can't make your business work
2.  you are called Gilbert
3. you know a lot about what you have read
4. you have no idea of how to implement what you have read
5. I give you advise and you insult me
6. Is it any wonder you have FAILED

Refer to previous posts if you want but,YOU ARE NOWHERE, I could get you to No 1 but, HEY you know best!!!!!
Mancharry

Ok refer to earlier post c ya

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #243 on: February 09, 2008, 11:38:01 pm »
Will you stop if I just say you are good?  I am in awe, 9 cleaners after 4 years wow.  I have 3 after 3 months.  So if I go at the same rate as you I will have to start giving business away and sacking the cleaners.  Look, seriously I am sorry if I offended you and I thought you were done with this thread as you had not posted in so long.  You can have your thread back now and as I said I am sorry if I upset you.  Wish you luck.

mancharry

« Reply #244 on: February 09, 2008, 11:39:00 pm »
What a laugh this thread is.
People who are failing, who are looking for ideas, when you give ideas to them, they tell you you are wrong and that you are just trying to push a sales campaign. Let me tell you all , I don't care if you are doing well or not, all I can tell you is how I have done well. Usually, if you copy how someone has done well, you will do well also. Why are there so many doubters, who talks about what they have heard or what somebody told them, when someone who has done it tells them what to do to succeed?
It's not hard to succeed, it's just a good idea not to be called Gilbert!
If you want no nonsense no algorhymic-thingy advice without PR rankings etc
get in touch!
Mancharry

mancharry

« Reply #245 on: February 09, 2008, 11:43:07 pm »
"you are not impressing me" is a little hint as to how you first started to make me want to annoy you
Especially when you are nowhere in the search engines and I am No 1
Will you stop if I just say you are good?  I am in awe, 9 cleaners after 4 years wow.  I have 3 after 3 months.  So if I go at the same rate as you I will have to start giving business away and sacking the cleaners.  Look, seriously I am sorry if I offended you and I thought you were done with this thread as you had not posted in so long.  You can have your thread back now and as I said I am sorry if I upset you.  Wish you luck.

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #246 on: February 09, 2008, 11:43:28 pm »
oh one last thing.  

1.  My name is Gilbert and it has to be better than Man Cherry
2.  I negotiated a good deal on my franchise
3.  You are right I have learned a lot, especially not to deal with people who can not justify there fees, and double on the ones who garauntee slots on google
4.  I might fail and I might not.  I am quite satisified with my progress I will grow and if I dont it will not be because I did not accept some of  your advise.  

Now you can have your SALES thread back

Cheers

mancharry

« Reply #247 on: February 09, 2008, 11:47:09 pm »
Gilbert have you not noticed that people on chat rooms don't use their real names?
Mon Cherie

oh one last thing.  

1.  My name is Gilbert and it has to be better than Man Cherry
2.  I negotiated a good deal on my franchise
3.  You are right I have learned a lot, especially not to deal with people who can not justify there fees, and double on the ones who garauntee slots on google
4.  I might fail and I might not.  I am quite satisified with my progress I will grow and if I dont it will not be because I did not accept some of  your advise.  

Now you can have your SALES thread back

Cheers

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #248 on: February 10, 2008, 12:07:14 am »
Oh is this a chat room, sorry thought it was a forum

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #249 on: February 10, 2008, 01:53:09 am »
Alright, let explain what I read and what I understand.  There are several things that get you DElisted from the search engines.  Now I do check on things before I talk, unlike certain cherries that I will not mention.  now lets talk about what I checked and if it is a delisting offense.  I found a site I will not mention in the forum that had over 600 links and it is getting very good position in the search engines.  Now I ran two link popularities on it.  One tells me how many links that each of the major search engines thinks it has and the other tells me exactly who those links belong to.  Now I thought over 600 links was very impressive and thought I might have to eat my words, but then I ran the second link popularity then I happen to notice (hard to miss actually) that 585 links came from one (I really have to repeat that) one directory.  Now like you have noticed I do read a lot and if google finds out that page will be delisted.  I am not sure if the owner of that unmentioned page realises that they are listed as performing Dry Cleaning in Scotland or not but I dont think they actually do that.  Now I also found 3 ghost pages (if you are not sure what a ghost page is, please find out and do a search).  Only one ghost page is enough to get you delisted by google, msn, or yahoo if they find out.  Oh and another 14 links are just self generated from child pages. 

So, what do you think, have I learned enough.  I could be wrong and correct me if I am, but if I am not mistaken UK Cleaning Directory does not automatically list people in Scotland if they do not request it. 

Now if any of my information is wrong please let me know but it does not look good and that is why I am hesitant to take advice.  If you can tell me how this happens I appologise. 

martin19842

« Reply #250 on: February 10, 2008, 07:02:44 pm »
hi there

deary me, thats a hard going few pages.

mancharry, wht is your website address please.

lets be honest about this what works for one company might not work for another, its the same with the web.

people have said to me that google adwords is a waste of money,

for me it isnt, if youve got a flooded property and my name comes up, people dont care where it is top, left, right wherever, what they do want though is professional service, and a quick response.

re websites,

you can get to carried away with meta tags etc, google dont use them now !!!!

and if you make your website friendly for one search engine you may make yourself unfriendly to other search engines, you need to create a happy medium

anyway interesting chat people.

regards

martin

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #251 on: February 10, 2008, 07:20:07 pm »
Hey Martin,

I would have to agree about the adwords, I am an advocate, took me a bit to learn how to use it properly, and I bet I can learn more, but I did get out of it what I was looking for. 

Read your site about the flood of the schools, that was an impressive perfomance how many man hours did it take to get that cleaned up.  Was the photography for the school and insurance your idea or was it requested by the school.  Any way like I said quite impressive and to be able to win over a school district is quite an achievement.

Cheers

martin19842

« Reply #252 on: February 10, 2008, 08:27:30 pm »
hi there

we photograph most if not all of flood work, for our records and for any other person that requires it, when we provide out reporting to some clients we have to produce photographs as there are insurance implications as to cause of flood and liability.

loss adjusters find the reporting a useful tool .

re man hours on that particular job i think it was about 70 hours, on a rolling shift pattern.

we have  a large mailshot leaving this week, targetted to achieve more bluechip clients.  dont get me wrong larger clients arent always FABULOUS they tend to stretch payment , and that in itself provides cashflow problems

regards

martin

Art

« Reply #253 on: February 10, 2008, 09:23:20 pm »

re websites,

you can get to carried away with meta tags etc, google dont use them now !!!!

Martin, do you mean that google bot take no notice of meta tags? If so how do you know?

Arthur

Gilbert Sprous

« Reply #254 on: February 10, 2008, 10:54:50 pm »
Art here is a good article about meta tags and it talks about google and meta tags also.

http://www.webmarketingnow.com/tips/meta-tags-uncovered.html

It seems that there are a couple of "google meta tags" but they have nothing to do with PR.  Goggle will use your description meta tag in the search results, other than that it seems that is it.  Martin was on the button.

Cheers

Art

« Reply #255 on: February 11, 2008, 03:23:35 pm »
Gilbert thanks for the link. Interesting reading

ALAN HAYNES

« Reply #256 on: February 28, 2008, 05:47:00 pm »
just started pressure washing as well as doing window cleaning

was thinking of flyers or local rag

or would i do better investing in a web site

what would you say gives the best return for your money

would like to do them all but funds are low can only afford to do one at the moment

cheers alan

Jimmy1

« Reply #257 on: February 28, 2008, 07:53:05 pm »
Easy to check your site go to: http://www.freewebsubmission.com/web-page-analyzer.html enter your details and when you view your report you can then change your site as necessary, keep rechecking until happy.

mancharry

« Reply #258 on: March 03, 2008, 05:51:58 pm »
Just broken my own personal best!! New Website uploaded friday 5pm --- on first page of Google by Sunday 11 AM ---- just over of 36 hours. Not a page rank or algorythm ianywhere to be seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drive surgeon

« Reply #259 on: March 04, 2008, 04:25:02 pm »
aint done too much from website, need to look into it more.