Art

Re: Business from the web
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2006, 11:05:37 pm »
So you do free trials?
No frre trials
Do you do free trials for your customers?

No, but if my clients aren't happy with my service they don't pay.

I thought as aj was running one of your sites alongside his, you had gave him a try before you buy option

« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2006, 11:13:12 pm »
[...I thought as aj was running one of your sites alongside his, you had gave him a try before you buy option

Arthur,

As soon as Peter (mancharry) posted here (just look up) that he received two enquiries from his Newcastle website I agreed to pay for two months trial service.  I have not had a free trial, just could not accept service for free…

Kind regards,
Arthur

mancharry

« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2006, 11:14:09 pm »
So you do free trials?
No frre trials
Do you do free trials for your customers?

No, but if my clients aren't happy with my service they don't pay.

I thought as aj was running one of your sites alongside his, you had gave him a try before you buy option

£59 is not enough to cover the cost of my time making and optimising a site for someone. I am confident that I can produce the goods and thats why I do it. I expect people to show confidence in me and pay for what should end up to be a long term relationship. If it doesn't work you are not tied in by a contract and you can cancel at any time. If you get one weekly job from the site in a month this will more than cover the cost. The birmingham site had over 35 enquiries last month alone!

CMS

« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2006, 11:32:05 pm »
five enquiries from miscarry’s website

I just LOVE the play on words  ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2006, 11:37:14 pm »

Karl,
Let me put it this way: five requests for service, one was accepted the others were not...
How about that?
  :)

mancharry

« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2006, 12:27:40 am »

My name is Peter, my user name is mancharry. Maybe you should just use Peter "GOD" of cleaning websites then you will know who I am- just for you "cleanitup GOD" 8)

*Chris Browne

« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2006, 08:12:33 am »

My name is Peter, my user name is mancharry. Maybe you should just use Peter "GOD" of cleaning websites then you will know who I am- just for you "cleanitup GOD" 8)

steady there!.....peter :P

chris

« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2006, 08:35:42 am »
... I am- just for you "cleanitup GOD" 8)
:o
Not for me  >:(

Beachy

« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2006, 09:24:54 am »
I have had a web site from www.cleaner-network.co.uk for 3 weeks & it is already paying for itself  8)

mancharry

« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2006, 09:27:07 am »
... I am- just for you "cleanitup GOD" 8)
:o
Not for me  >:(
Arthur this was intended for the author of the message (not you) who seems to have a very negative attitude. Peter

Doug Holloway

« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2006, 09:44:06 am »
Hi Guys,

I think it's important to realise that these sites are only appearing on the search engine front pages because they are being paid for through Google adwords.

For example if you search carpet cleaning in Essex on Google  , the sponsored sites are on top or the right and everytime you click on them the site owner has to pay .The amount depends on how much he is prepared to pay and how much others are prepared to pay.

This should not be confused with the actual search results which are in the main body of the page , these are free of charge and are ranked by relevance etc.

My site apperas on top because I have spent a lot of time in getting it there .

There are no quick fixes.

Cheers

Doug

mancharry

« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2006, 10:09:30 am »
Hi Guys,

I think it's important to realise that these sites are only appearing on the search engine front pages because they are being paid for through Google adwords.

For example if you search carpet cleaning in Essex on Google  , the sponsored sites are on top or the left and evreytime you click on them the site owner has to pay .The amount depends on how much he is prepared to pay and how much others are prepared to pay.

This should not be confused with the actual search results which are in the main body of the page , these are free of charge and are ranked by relevance etc.

Cheers

Doug
you obviously haven't searched on msn yahoo or lycos then because if you had you would find the sites on the first page! Many in N0 1 POSITION
Google is harder to crack and takes a bit longer.
To prove you wrong search for 'car repairs bolton' 'mot bolton' or 'car service bolton' on MSN and you will see District Garage on the first page on all search results. I only finished & submitted this site on tuesday.
Peter

mancharry

« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2006, 11:04:20 am »
Hi Guys,

For example if you search carpet cleaning in Essex on Google  , the sponsored sites are on top or the left and evreytime you click on them the site owner has to pay .The amount depends on how much he is prepared to pay and how much others are prepared to pay.

Cheers

Doug
PS Have checked your rankings out - well done you heve done very well to get up there- must have taken a lot of hard work. Will try and join you in the next few weeks.
Peter

Doug Holloway

« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2006, 12:35:38 pm »
Peter ,

I too have put a fencing site top of MSN in a week , but it's Google which really counts and that is much more difficult , but like all things in life the harder it is the more worthwhile.

You obviously enjoy this sort of thing as do I ,  so good luck.

Cheers

Doug

CMS

« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2006, 01:05:06 pm »
I would suggest that most people use google to search. I do. Everyone I know does too.

mancharry

« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2006, 01:40:59 pm »
Peter ,

I too have put a fencing site top of MSN in a week , but it's Google which really counts and that is much more difficult , but like all things in life the harder it is the more worthwhile.

You obviously enjoy this sort of thing as do I ,  so good luck.

Cheers

Doug
Thats why I include a £10 google adwords in my offer so people can be on google straight away. I then work on google to get the site in, but it usually takes a bit longer.
Good luck to you too!
Peter

mancharry

« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2006, 01:44:32 pm »
I would suggest that most people use google to search. I do. Everyone I know does too.
can't find your site in Google

CMS

« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2006, 02:23:08 pm »
I never suggested you could????????

I said 'I' use google to search.

*Chris Browne

« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2006, 05:54:28 pm »
found it at the top in "cleaning in shroshire"

chris

mancharry

« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2006, 06:48:30 pm »
found it at the top in "cleaning in shroshire"

chris
"shroshire" wheres that?
Your site is no.1 on sponsored links for 'cleaning in shropshire' not in the general listings