mancharry

Business from the web
« on: January 19, 2006, 04:25:36 pm »
I built a website for my wifes company (www.maidsofhonour.net) and she has had a fantastic response from the internet. What experience has anyone else had?

Re: Business from the web
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 05:24:04 pm »
... she has had a fantastic response from the internet...

Could you be more specific?
Regrds,
Arthur

mancharry

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 05:31:50 pm »
does anyone else get as good response from their websites if they have one is what I mean.

preston powerblast

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 05:51:01 pm »
Most of my contract power washing work has come via my website and same with my agricultural work.
Its not been overwhelming, but it has been steady.

blacksheep

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 06:35:19 pm »
i have a web site on yell.com no calls from it, waste of money

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 06:40:05 pm »
Usually we receive enquiries over the phone, occasionally (0-3 times per months) by e-mail.  I have a free listing on Yell.com and had 5 enquiries from it for the past month.

mancharry,
What did you mean saying “fantastic response”, could you put it in numbers?

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 06:46:22 pm »
Hi

we get 3-5 jobs per day www.housebuddies.co.uk for domestic cleaning from the web but we do drop 5000 leaflets a week.

Get about 2 per week from yell.com but can be patchy though high quality leads last year I got a £600 job for the hq of the girl guides so it paid for itself straight away then did not get anything for 3 weeks?

I see the website as your online brochure people may look and research you before calling.

At my peak we got 30 calls a day now its 5 but there is alot more competition now.

Thanks

Carl

mancharry

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 07:04:24 pm »
Arthur
re response rates its averaged 5-10 email enquiries per week and about 3 phone calls a day.
House Buddies
Which search engines are you listed in can't find it on a web search?

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 08:46:11 am »
I must congratulate you  You are number one. for Bolton

mancharry

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 09:55:24 am »
I must congratulate you  You are number one. for Bolton
Its not about how good your website is- although it has to do its job- its about where you appear in the search engine  results. I spent a lot of time submitting the site and getting the keywords right to maximise results. I've done the same for other sites like www.edinburgh-cleaner.co.uk www.cleaner-manchester.co.uk www.cleaner-birmingham.co.uk these are all listed no.1 or 2 in Yahoo Msn Altavista Lycos when you search for a cleaner in these area ie 'cleaner in edinburgh'. Trying to crack Google at the moment with all of them but it's a bit more difficult! I'll get there in the end though!

paul bruce

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 11:39:38 am »
In addition, having a web site enables you to  feature it on your fliers and newspaper advertising etc, gives your company a higher profile and allows potential customers to expand a bit further on the services your company offers. 
So my next project is to get a web site up and running.

Paul

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 12:08:04 pm »
We have a couple of enquires a month from our website but I mainly keep it going because it gives us the additional option of online payments by credit/debit cards. We have the website on all of our stationary and flyers. I also have it display on the front, back and sides of the car.  www.centralwindowcleaners.co.uk

Fast 1 *

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 08:45:07 pm »
hello mate,how much did it cost to set up yur paying arrangements(paypal).was it easy enough?
wildstyles

mancharry

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 01:18:12 am »
In addition, having a web site enables you to  feature it on your fliers and newspaper advertising etc, gives your company a higher profile and allows potential customers to expand a bit further on the services your company offers. 
So my next project is to get a web site up and running.

Paul

Paul what area do you cover? I've got some off the shelf websites already listed in the search engines.

mancharry

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2006, 01:21:07 am »
i have a web site on yell.com no calls from it, waste of money
what is the web address - is it your own website or just a site made up by yell? We have a priority listing and weblink in yell and although its not the main introducer of business we get 3-4 enquiries a month from it. Most of our work comes from search engine results though and to be honest I was disappointed with yell especially as it cost me £300!

mancharry

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 01:26:52 am »
hello mate,how much did it cost to set up yur paying arrangements(paypal).was it easy enough?
do you ever use ebay? have you got a paypal account?
I have but don't use it on the website, prefer cash but its so easy, you can accept payments on the site, send emails asking for payment and start a subscription-monthly payments. They charge about 3% which is ok as there are no set up fees like your bank would charge!
vivit the site at
https://www.paypal.com/uk

mancharry

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 01:28:04 am »
We have a couple of enquires a month from our website but I mainly keep it going because it gives us the additional option of online payments by credit/debit cards. We have the website on all of our stationary and flyers. I also have it display on the front, back and sides of the car.  www.centralwindowcleaners.co.uk
what is your web address and are you listed or has the site been submitted to search engines?

mancharry

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2006, 01:39:59 am »
what is your web address and are you listed or has the site been submitted to search engines?
just checked you site and not search engine friendly see report below:

Meta tags analysis.
Title: This tag contains too many characters.
This tag contains 81 characters. This is too many for what we would consider a 'robot friendly' web page. The maximum number of characters we recommend for this tag is 80.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title relevancy to page content is very good.
The Title relevancy to page content is 92%.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: Description meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 163 characters.

Description relevancy to page content is good.
The Description relevancy to page content is 74%.

Keywords: This tag contains too many keywords.
This tag contains 24 keywords. This is too many for what we would consider a 'robot friendly' web page. The maximum number of keywords we recommend for this tag is 20.

Keyword relevancy to page content is fair.
The keywords relevancy to page content is 58%.

Robots: Found no robots meta tag.
This tag is not really required but helps spiders to index the web page.

Author: The Author meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 36 characters.

You need to be nearer 100% on all categories see below result fpr www.cleaner-bolton.co.uk

Meta tags analysis.
Title: Title meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 54 characters.

Title relevancy to page content is excellent.
The Title relevancy to page content is 100%.

Description: Description meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 145 characters.

Description relevancy to page content is excellent.
The Description relevancy to page content is 100%.

Keywords: Keywords meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 11 keywords and 196 characters.

Keyword relevancy to page content is excellent.
The keywords relevancy to page content is 100%.

Robots: Found no robots meta tag.
This tag is not really required but helps spiders to index the web page.

Author: The Author meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 57 characters.

Fast 1 *

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2006, 08:09:37 am »
mancharry   you sound like you know what you are talking about.Does it cost alot to get your website so easily accessible?Who sorted that out for you?
wildstyles

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2006, 12:45:20 pm »
I have been using Ad Words for few months now, and have not had a single hit from it.  So from my own experience I can say that people (in Newcastle) do not use search engine to find a cleaner.