denzle

Yellow Pages
« on: January 16, 2004, 07:31:14 pm »
Hi everyone,
My new Yellow Pages add came out 2 days ago, and already had 2 very lucrative jobs come from it. So far with what those 2 jobs will earn over the coming 12 months it has paid for over half of the advert cost.
Something for the guys that want to get more in, to think about.
Denzle

Terry_Burrows

Re: Yellow Pages
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 09:57:22 pm »
;)hope your right we have just done the same ours comes out in march :o in  2 editions and then in august all different areas plus we are on yell.com which has done nothing ??? :(so we are going large with them ???
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 10:45:12 pm »
Hi terry.
You not had much luck either,
All I got was 4 enquires, one I called you about, the other 2, too far away and one I done.Just about covered add.
Next year will go for the free advert which I'm sure you can still do on yell.com.
What sort of price did they quote you with the yellow pages as got a meeting with them on the 22nd Jan.
Cheers
Alan

Majestic

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 12:40:56 am »
Shinney,
I have just sorted out my add with then , when they called me they quoted me a price and I told them that I was not interested as I had enough work  from my last years add, so they gave me a new quote which was even better than  last years one . If you let them think that you are not to keen you could end up with a better deal  8)

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 12:45:34 am »
Hi majestic.
What sort of size add you got and what sort off money is it? a lot? I wasted a bomb on adverts last yr so not going to do the same this year.
Cheers Mate
Alan
Ps do they do free listings on yellow pages and if so is it just a name address under category. Cheers

Majestic

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 12:51:22 am »
Hi Shinney,
I have a business card size add and it cost £170 ,
I dont know if they do a free add , do you have a thompson local as they do one  8)

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2004, 12:55:43 am »
Hi majestic
I went on the thompson online site and there was a link for a free listings on there.
Filled details in no one got back though.
Is this directory any good as good as yellow pages?
The size you got would they normally want up to 300. for it?
They make some money out of a page we are in the wrong business mate
Cheers
Alan

Majestic

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 01:00:53 am »
Hi Shinney,
The same happened to me with thompson it was weeks until they phoned me and then it was just to make sure that I was who I said I was and  was not someone winding them up. I have had the odd call from it , more luck with the yellow pages. its just another place to get your name

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2004, 01:06:24 am »
Hi majestic
A mate of mine spent £1500. with yellow pages last year and not getting the returns  :-[ on most areas, but came up with a idea he had his advert placed on a red back ground bottom middle quite catching stands out from the rest. was thinking on this idea.
Not £1500. though no way, I too was thinking around £200 mark.If lucky
Alan

Majestic

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 01:23:24 am »
They offered me a add within the Fed block add it was about 5 lines 2 of them in bold print  ,the other 3 normal for £80 and every other line I wanted  was about £15, but I have the fed logo in my add so I did not bother with that. Have you thought of having your add on the back of a bus , I dont know what sort of money they charge .
John

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2004, 01:57:46 am »
Hi majestic
Interesting one with the bus. quite expensive I would of though??
I'll have to look at the fed one will the rep that comes around mine know about it you think???
Will have to ask.
Cheers
mate
Alan

Majestic

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2004, 02:14:37 am »
Hi Shinney I should think so mine told me that the fed are trying to promote themself and are putting a few quid into the pot  so you get it for less .Are you a member, I think that they put a advert for it in th envelope with  our last window talk .
John

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2004, 02:17:46 am »
Hi majestic.
Yes I'm a member did receive something about it have not had time to look through yet with work.
I find good reading on the throne for half hr nice and quiet. no disruptions.
Will ask the lady when she comes round
Alan