[GQC] Tim

So many things to think of with wfp.
« on: May 14, 2008, 09:48:56 pm »
I'm a bit concerned about top sills, how do you guys know they are okay? I've had some first cleans (trad) that were absolutely terrible, I'm a bit worried about cleaning them, and walking away confident that they are okay.

Done my house now the second time, they windows come up nicely, it's just an odd run from the frame, where I didn't allow enough time to let the frame stop dripping, also because my windows are terribly beading, the drops seem to hang from the top seal, and running down after a couple of minutes, very small spots when dried, I guess I'm lucky that my frames are so clean.

Also, been trying out the brushes that I have, I've got the old Ionics multipole brush (the crinkle mono), a vikan mono rect. and the new Ionics multipole mono brush. I don't like the crinkle one, the bristles go everywhere, it just feels like a big flop thing on the window, just way too soft and splayed. The Vikan is quite nice, although it seems the bristles are a bit whippy when cleaning first floor, bit difficult, it seems okay ground floor. And then the new Ionics brush, which is quite nice to use in my opinion, but you need to push quite hard for the bristles to splay, so you can clean with the inner trim. So far I think I like that one best, quite light as well.

Very difficult though to get the feel of what brush you want, and then I'm not even speaking which cleans better, at this point I have no clue.

Still trying to find a company near me (Guildford) who wants to fit my Purefreedom tank cage, haven't called many people up, I feel it's a bit daunting to explain people what you want, because you get the 'what on earth is he talking about' look. Just want to get started, it's frustrating, I've got all the stuff that I need, maybe somebody can point me to a company who's got experience on this. I have called essentially pure, but they didn't want to, or feel like doing it, fair on them, at least they were being honest.

Well, if all my customers windows get up as well as mine, even though mine are badly beading, it should come up allright.

Do you guys use a higher flow rate on badly beading windows, I was at almost 2l per minute, and rinsing was a nightmare, I had to use lots of water for rinsing, and had to very carefully guide the water down with the brush.

Sorry for the rambling.  :)

mark dew

Re: So many things to think of with wfp.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 09:59:02 pm »
Do you guys use a higher flow rate on badly beading windows, I was at almost 2l per minute, and rinsing was a nightmare, I had to use lots of water for rinsing, and had to very carefully guide the water down with the brush.

Sorry for the rambling.  :)

don't apologise about the rambling. Your in good company on here.  ;)

Don't worry about windows beading when rinsed. The majority of the windows i clean bead instead of sheet. The only problem with beading is that it is more difficult to notice any muck or fluff that remains on the glass.
The windows that leave marks when beading are just a coincidence, They would mark if they sheeted as well.
With plenty of rinsing they will come up good in the end.
Good luck

geefree

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 10:06:11 pm »
most windows will bead,, its part and parcel of water drying on glass,

if i see dotted water spots coming down in a straight line from the seal, i leave it and continue to clean the rest of the house.... then i go back to it and rinse it again... without touching the top seal... that cures it for me...

personal choice with brushes.... the top sills are easy in my opinion... i always scrub  and then run the edge of the brush..... on the edge of the sill.... to get the whole thing... it also flicks most of the water off too.

do the upstairs sill in exactly the same way you do the downstairs... and ALWAYS assume its filthy before you start.

my humble opinion. ;)

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 10:14:50 pm »
Have you tried a sill brush.
I have a variety of brushes and prefer the sill brush at least i know the sill is getting done properly.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 10:15:41 pm »
Hi Tim to be honest I don't bother to much about the top sills they get an occasional wipe with the brush but I don't go to mad I just tell the customer its difficult to get them spotless because you cant see from the ground but assure them the bottom sills will always be wiped off, if you cant see from the ground then they cant either and most wouldn't bother looking from the other side of the glass.
as for the Ionics double trim its my favourite brush so far but I just clean with the outer bristles and rinse on the glass if its beading!  haven't had any problems so far but then I do use my pump flat out all the time I like a good flow rate  ;D
Sussex by the sea

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 10:57:26 pm »
Thanks guys, I guess it's just up to keeping your eyes peeled to possible problems, runs and etc. Right now, I can see here and there a tiny spot, hopefully that'll be fine for the customers, I doubt anyone would examine the windows like I do, if I'm pleased, so would my customers I imagine. I think there is an advantage of having traditional experience first, I'm glad I've got 2 years of trad under my belt, you get a bit of an analytic mind, that helps discovering problems, and thinking of solutions.

I haven't tried the sill brush, I'm sure it will do nicely, but it's so heavy, I don't think I could ever get used to a brush like that.

I'll try just giving them a good scrub, hopefully that'll be fine.

I'm getting on quite well with the numatic pole trigger, on and off flow is ideal, really gives an edge I feel.

Does anyone have experience with a company in Surrey that fits tanks? Can be local mechanics, coachworks whatever, just need a pointer.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 11:00:39 pm »
Who started calling it a sill brush,it`s an automotive car or lorry brush.It might well be easier for cleaning sills but it is not a brush that has been made for cleaning window sills.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 11:03:03 pm »
Who started calling it a sill brush,it`s an automotive car or lorry brush.It might well be easier for cleaning sills but it is not a brush that has been made for cleaning window sills.

No I know that, but I guess it's got it's loyal share of followers, it's a good name for it though. All Vikans are for the automotive/transport industry anyway.  :)