[GQC] Tim

Hudson Never pump back sprayer
« on: April 07, 2008, 05:54:25 pm »
Although Luke found them good for the job, I really would like some more feedback from people who have it, according to the following reviews, it's of quite bad build quality?!  :)

http://reviews.northerntool.com/0394/228869/reviews.htm

Captain Scarlet

Re: Hudson Never pump back sprayer
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 06:07:02 pm »
I could show you various suppliers selling the "SAME" backpack. But in reality they arent usually the same. These type of backpacks like most things are manufactured in China and lots of different companies there produce products which look nearly identical.

So in the case of this style of backpack I would be careful, because you cant be 100% sure that Northern tool is selling the same one as WCWarehouse. The body shape is identical but the colour is different but most importantly the internals might not be as good ( they could be better!!! )

Its still early days with my backpack, so we will se how it lasts but I have heard quite alot of good comments about it......but we will see!! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 06:10:11 pm »
here are some similar products:

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 06:14:54 pm »
Heres some similar to the Shurlfo:

And some others like the Window Cleaning Warehouse:

Ok, Im sure you get the point !!!  :) Luke

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 06:44:09 pm »
Wow, that made me slightly confused Luke.

Ehrm.......what the heck should I choose.  ??? ;D

(that Chinese shurflo must be breaking copyright laws lol!)

And how did you find out about these all?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 06:45:27 pm »
The Window Cleaning Warehouse one!!!! Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 06:46:47 pm »
A website called Alibaba, a trade directory for suppliers and buyers. Ive used it before for purchasing from Chinese manufacturers, Luke

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 07:07:12 pm »

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 07:09:17 pm »
Yes, the colour of the plastic is different and it isnt arranged the same at the bottom, Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 07:12:04 pm »
WCWH one

Northern Tool

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 07:51:12 pm »
that looks good rupert, im custom making a new design of mine of trolleys, i see people using trolleys for backpacks but i figured i could make a trolley almost as compact as a backpack, but 25ltr.

Does anyone actually use these wand things on them? or do you put a valve for the pole?

I like the design of these top handle ones better than the normal back pack design.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 08:08:38 pm »
im making the same decison as well, i was going to go for the omnipole back pack as it has a 80psi pump but heard rumors they may not reliable as the shurflo but also considering the wcw

can anyone tell me what height you can use any these backs too, so far i heard of the shurlflo reaching 30ft

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 09:38:08 pm »
Yes, the colour of the plastic is different and it isnt arranged the same at the bottom, Luke
Luke,.. you've take a pic from the front,.. the ebay pic is from the back,... they really are the same! I'll take some pics of mine (The Hudson Never Pump one) tomorrow and post some pics.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 09:59:49 pm »
The 40psi flojet pump goes to 55ft ish with 1/4" micro hose.

Wish these could be imported http://www.rocketspray.com

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 10:01:07 pm »
I've recently bought one of them backpacks from WCW.
The on/off switch is in a sensible place to reach where as the shureflow ones are underneath, (not the best place to put it in all honesty).
It has one speed only, (on), which I would estimate is about the same flow of water as using a Shureflow b/pk on setting No.4
To reduce the flow use a small length of 4 or 5mm hose as an extension to save carrying the b/pk between every window and fit a tap to regulate how much flow you require from the 16litres of water it holds.
It's comfortable to carry the backpack by the handle and feels more natural than struggling to mount the shureflow b/pk on your back or trying to carry by it's straps.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 10:24:08 pm »
So no problems so far Wayne?

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 10:39:47 pm »
Just one problem. WCW supply an adaptor to recharge the battery but it hasn't got a UK plug fitting which I thought was disgusting as it's sold in the UK.

Glyn H

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 11:57:41 pm »
We have two new backpacks being made with 70 PSI pumps one 3 speed and one 5 speed also a 70 psi five speed trolley very simular in design to the rocketspray Jeff said he liked!,
Many of you would have seen the prototypes at WIndex

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 07:51:11 am »
Sounds good Glyn, any idea on pricing? :)

STEVE-UK

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2008, 01:02:49 pm »
im waiting for some specs on this one  £329 inc vat

crystal

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 04:02:00 pm »
ive got that one steve its got one speed only , the handle is very handy for carrying between windows
pressure- water  absolutely blasts out so much so i neede a control valve to keep it at a useable flow  :o   

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 04:26:03 pm »
ive got that one steve its got one speed only , the handle is very handy for carrying between windows
pressure- water  absolutely blasts out so much so i neede a control valve to keep it at a useable flow  :o   

You paid £329 for a backpack?  :o  :-\

cat9921

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 04:32:38 pm »
Although Luke found them good for the job, I really would like some more feedback from people who have it, according to the following reviews, it's of quite bad build quality?!  :)

http://reviews.northerntool.com/0394/228869/reviews.htm

mine has just come through the post today,Will test it out and let you know  ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 04:38:16 pm »
Thank you very very much, I'm looking forward to hearing from you! :)

crystal

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 05:07:07 pm »
You paid £329 for a backpack?   

no no bought it 2nd hand off ebay  :) :) :)

MNWC

NWH

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 05:24:02 pm »
Much better place to have the on off button with your one Luke unlike the shurflo,although the reason it`s where it is on the shurflo is because it`s supposed to be on your back so you only have to reach round to turn it up or off.

Tosh

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 05:25:55 pm »
Cat,

How did you get on with that Hudson Sprayer?

Can you control the flow?

I like the handle on the top.

How much does it hold?

Are there shoulder staps on it?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 05:46:14 pm »
Well I will say it again the Hudson is a different backpack, it is NOT the same. It looks nearly identical but there are subtle differences like writting on the lid, type of plug in and on/off switch, position of on/off switch, body colour, the colour of the rubber membrane between the electronics and tank.

Tosh

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 06:22:07 pm »
Rupert,

I'm not really bothered about the colour; I'm after a spare backpack; are these a budget alternative to the Shurflo?

Are they any good, or should I just get another Shurflo?

My current Shurflo was a US E-bay one, and it must've done me about two years now, and it's still going strong; though I've changed the battery on it.

steven ainger

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 06:22:27 pm »
i got one of the ebay b/ps a couple of months back, for the money it does me fine, i dont use it very often only for the occasional job, ive fitted a flow valve and i contoll how much water comes out by that, if it didnt have it there is a very fast flow and the water would only last 5 mins. the pumps abit noisey to.

[/img]

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 06:25:53 pm »
I'm not really bothered about the colour; I'm after a spare backpack; are these a budget alternative to the Shurflo?

Neither am I Tosh, but the internals will aslo be different. I dont know which is better though, but what I do know is that the WCWH one has had good feedback, Luke

Tosh

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 06:30:01 pm »
Cheers, Rupert and Steven,

I'll take a look at the WCWH; however the Shurflo one is tried and tested; mine gets a right beasting on a daily basis and I'm a black belt with it now and have no complaints.

Cheers again.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 06:31:59 pm »
Tosh according to the WCWH who sell both the yellow and shurlfo models, they have had no complaints from the yellow users unlike the shurlfo ones, Luke

STEVE-UK

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 06:39:58 pm »
Glyn , is that the omnipole backpack ? thats the one i decided on due to the pump psi, i have phoned a couple of times but its been out of stock, do you know when your getting more in as i need one asap

cheers steve

Tosh

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 06:54:29 pm »
Tosh according to the WCWH who sell both the yellow and shurlfo models, they have had no complaints from the yellow users unlike the shurlfo ones, Luke

Rupert,

That does surprise me; honest.  I've been using a backpack for over three years; my first lasted a year, 'cos it got lots of dropping and knocking about; but my second has been going strong for over two years now.

I honestly can't fault the Shurflo, but I know it won't last forever, so want a spare. 

I'll have a look at the 'yellow' one; but I'm sort of thinking that Shurflo has been out for years, so will have many more users and therefore a relative number of complaints; as compared with the 'yellow one' which may have a small amount of users, therefore next to no negative feedback.

The Shurflo backpack could be a bit like the German Shepard; a lovely dog; but there were so many of them about at one stage that they gained an incorrect reputation for being a 'biter'.

If you know what I mean!