[GQC] Tim

HM Revenue messed up again.
« on: February 27, 2008, 09:36:47 am »
I'm getting really fed up with these people.

I've got a penalty notice in, but I submitted my return online the 13th of December, and have got the receipt to prove it. Unbelievable.

When I first went self employed, they even had two duplicate me's on their system, one with a letter difference in my name. Even got two tax returns, really wondering if something went wrong with that? Don't think it did, because I've sorted that out.

So I'm gonna have to write a letter, and appeal. Like I don't have other things to do.  :-\

[GQC] Tim

Re: HM Revenue messed up again.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 10:11:13 am »
And also, you've got 30 days to appeal.

Now the date on the penalty is 19th, and it's already the 27th!! 30days - 9.  :-\

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 08:43:21 pm »
If you can prove you got your return in on time, why do you have to appeal?

Let the Revenue prove you didn't

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 01:04:40 am »
If you can prove you got your return in on time, why do you have to appeal?

Let the Revenue prove you didn't

Yea that's what I thought, but I think in this case it's best if I just send them the appeal form, makes it a bit quicker. :)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 05:31:56 am »
I'm getting really fed up with these people.

I've got a penalty notice in, but I submitted my return online the 13th of December, and have got the receipt to prove it. Unbelievable.

When I first went self employed, they even had two duplicate me's on their system, one with a letter difference in my name. Even got two tax returns, really wondering if something went wrong with that? Don't think it did, because I've sorted that out.

So I'm gonna have to write a letter, and appeal. Like I don't have other things to do.  :-\

As there are, apparently, two of you, one of you could earn the 5 grand tax free allowance and no more.  The other one of you could earn in the normal way.  Assuming tax at 22% (or is it 23%), this could represent a saving on your tax bill of well over £1,000   ;D

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 09:36:49 am »
Hahaha, yea that would be great wouldn't it.  ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 09:46:24 am »
This is the best way to pay.

https://www.billpayment.co.uk/hmrc/scripts/index.asp

Set up an account then because the transactions are made within your IR account they cannoy be disputed.

All your payments are available to see everytime you log in.

I use it to pay my Self assessment and to pay the tax and NI taken from employees.

Dave