Alex Gardiner

Re: How high will the SL-X go?
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 07:58:43 pm »
Yes you will easily reach that window and probably 2-3ft higher with the standard pole.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 07:58:58 pm »
yes
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008, 08:02:38 pm »
I really wish I had some pics with me of some of the houses I ment. Hm, will get back to that I guess. :)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 08:05:31 pm »
Ah these dormer windows are very similar to the house I was talking about. Is this too high for it?  :)

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=51015.0

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2008, 08:08:53 pm »
did you not see my post earlier:

look at the thread "big quote" the top picture, middle top window. That is about 25ft, possibly slightly more, Luke

Luke

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 08:11:44 pm »
did you not see my post earlier:

look at the thread "big quote" the top picture, middle top window. That is about 25ft, possibly slightly more, Luke

Luke

Missed it, very sorry Luke. Thanks a lot. :)

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 08:12:47 pm »
its fine mate! So where are are you from originally? Luke

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 08:13:32 pm »
The SL-X would probably just reach them. (I do one house like that with the SL-X and it is on full stretch, but it reaches)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 08:19:20 pm »
its fine mate! So where are are you from originally? Luke

I'm Dutch. :)

This pole is going to be really nice then, should be able to reach just about anything Domestic.

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 08:22:18 pm »
So, hows it coming on Alex? any snippets of news? any further delays? February/ March?
Got any hair left?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 08:23:01 pm »
My Auntie lived in Amsterdam and had a friend who went over to Breda and did Window Cleaning, hes back here now. He told me not alot of people use the poles on domestic in Holland, Luke

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 08:25:45 pm »
Don't they use an S2 to cross over the d**es?

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 08:26:40 pm »
nah because it hasnt got enough flex!!! Luke

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008, 08:28:38 pm »
Haha cool Luke.  ;D

Yea I didn't do window cleaning over there, so I can't comment, I know there are people who use it on domestic. Maybe not much, I dunno. :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2008, 08:32:30 pm »
So, hows it coming on Alex? any snippets of news? any further delays? February/ March?
Got any hair left?

A little. Like blood out of a stone  >:(

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2008, 08:38:33 pm »
 ;D frustrating isn't it? I suppose the bigger fish get priority at the factory. Ah well just got to keep my money in the fridge for a while longer.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2008, 09:48:25 pm »
Alex

Regarding the poles rigidity, on your website it comes up trumps compared to all the other poles.  Can I ask how you tested it.  Did you compare all the poles extended with no brushes on or did they all have the same brush on or did all the poles have the brushes on that they would normally be supplied with, like the SL2 with a bently.

Simon.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2008, 09:51:28 pm »
Alex, how easy will it be to replace clamps and pole sections when the need arises with this new SLX pole.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2008, 10:09:35 pm »
Clamps will never need replacing. The sections can be replaced in about 1 minute with an Allen key.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2008, 10:22:53 pm »
Alex

Regarding the poles rigidity, on your website it comes up trumps compared to all the other poles.  Can I ask how you tested it.  Did you compare all the poles extended with no brushes on or did they all have the same brush on or did all the poles have the brushes on that they would normally be supplied with, like the SL2 with a bently.

Simon.

This is what is on our website:

We have attempted to provide a numerical guide to the rigidity of the pole. This is based on a reversed % deviation from 0 degrees on a horizontal plane under zero load (bare pole assembly with no brush, gooseneck or hose fitted). All measurements were taken at 8.3m of extended length. The higher the percentage the stiffer the pole.

What this means is that we measured bare poles, on the horizontal fixed to two benches 80cm apart. The deviation off of true horizontal was then measured and expressed as a percentage of the theoretical real world maximum deviation.

I quite like the look of the test in PWC magazine, we just didn't have the facilities to do this at the time. A move into much larger premises next month will give us the ability to accurately conduct a test of 60ft+ poles indoors with an accurate measurement of the results, not just photos. If we do this I think that we will use a fixed weight on the end of each pole and no other fitments (hose etc).