[GQC] Tim

Van based RO, where to with waste?
« on: December 18, 2007, 03:38:16 pm »
I'm going to have one of them carvan flaps built in, which is fine for inlet and outlet, but the nearest drain is under my kitchen window which is like 10meters away, so what would I do with the RO waste? Would that mean I need dual hosepipes, one coming from the tap, but another one going back from the van to the drain?

Re: Van based RO, where to with waste?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 04:03:07 pm »
I'm going to have one of them carvan flaps built in, which is fine for inlet and outlet, but the nearest drain is under my kitchen window which is like 10meters away, so what would I do with the RO waste? Would that mean I need dual hosepipes, one coming from the tap, but another one going back from the van to the drain?
Short answer is yes, I have a van mount and I do the same thing  ;)

Ian

stevekennedy

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 04:06:25 pm »
Sstrap the two hoses together with electrical ties. Works a treat  8)

(You have to reel out the entire hose to use this method so best to have them cut to the exact size you want)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 04:28:58 pm »
Yea I figured I had to do that.

Can I use gardiners Male standard pole hose connector, 6 mm hosebarb to male hoselock fitting for that?

Or are the RO tubes different diameter? Don't want to go back to the workshop now I'm nice and warm inside. ;D

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 04:30:19 pm »

Can I use gardiners Male standard pole hose connector, 6 mm hosebarb to male hoselock fitting for that?

Or are the RO tubes different diameter? Don't want to go back to the workshop now I'm nice and warm inside. ;D
is your system fitted ?

my waste is standard hose type in and out

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 04:34:34 pm »

is your system fitted ?

Building it DIY atm, I got the purefreedom RO, it has standard hose in, but out is John guest type fitting fitted to the waste tap on top of the membranes.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 04:36:52 pm »

is your system fitted ?

Building it DIY atm, I got the purefreedom RO, it has standard hose in, but out is John guest type fitting fitted to the waste tap on top of the membranes.
you got any pics of it ?

what size is the RO, and didnt freedom supply all the parts with it?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 04:54:09 pm »

is your system fitted ?

you got any pics of it ?

300GPD, came with all the bits, picture isn't needed, because that is basically it, waste valve from membranes, with John Guest type fitting both ends, and then just a black tube, with no connector on the end as the waster pipe.

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 04:57:01 pm »

is your system fitted ?

you got any pics of it ?

300GPD, came with all the bits, picture isn't needed, because that is basically it, waste valve from membranes, with John Guest type fitting both ends, and then just a black tube, with no connector on the end as the waster pipe.
sry m8 I thought you had a 4040, I dont know about the smaler ones, as I dont have one yet

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 05:02:10 pm »
Ah ok, thanks anyway, I know what I need to do now. :)

dave0123

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 05:33:20 pm »
I have the same RO

it doesnt go to my van but will be from my static tank to my drain which is a few meters round the house i will be using extra RO tubing its 1/4 that comes with that RO so it says on mine. what ever that is in mm god knows 8?
Dave.