[GQC] Tim

Re: Company who will fit a tank properly in Surrey area.
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 11:01:59 pm »
Wouldn't mind travelling a bit, but does anyone have some experience with a company who fits tanks here in Surrey, or in nearby county? In the proper way through the chassis, instead of just the floorpan. That's the only thing I want to have done professionally, I can do the rest, but I don't want to take any risk myself doing that.

Many thanks.

Maybe give Omnipole a try?
They fit systems all the time.
Maybe they will just do a barebones tank fitting or maybe they won't.  Nothing to lose by asking though.  They're based Croydon way.

Oh Croydon way is a lot better, I'll give them a shout, thanks for that.

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 04:24:12 pm »
Just go down your local coachworks or accident repair centre, these guys will be able to sort you out with it.
Malcolm

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 02:41:10 pm »
Just go down your local coachworks or accident repair centre, these guys will be able to sort you out with it.
Malcolm

I have to go down to one this afternoon anyway. Cheers, I'll give them a try. :)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 05:00:39 pm »
Well they didn't have a clue, said if I can provide the frame, they can have a look, but I have to bring a picture with me to show how it needs to be done. Okaaaya right. I don't think so lol.

I'm gonna email some companys and ask for a quote, figure that's the way to go.

sair

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 08:37:42 pm »
 do you want  frame bolted in or one supplied to be bolted in?

tony 07944 227635  essentially pure

? what van what system do you have ?

Essentially Pure Ltd

nat

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007, 08:48:07 pm »
Well they didn't have a clue, said if I can provide the frame, they can have a look, but I have to bring a picture with me to show how it needs to be done. Okaaaya right. I don't think so lol.

I'm gonna email some companys and ask for a quote, figure that's the way to go.

GQC don't take this the wrong way fella but i think your really making a mountain out of a mole hill

what do you want to spend? that would be a starting point then you'll probably get some good advice of what to do. you have the tank already so you'll probably get a frame quite cheap. give pure freedom a ring

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 12:18:47 pm »
I gave purefreedom a ring, brilliant people, very friendly, they said they can supply the frame for me for £299, and they can also call around for a engineering company in my area. I'm going to do it that way. I want it properly done.

@ Nat

Already got the tank, but thinking budget wise, I'd rather save up some more and get it done properly. They say building it in would be around £300.

Got an email back from Cleantech, and this is what they said about the heavy duty tank fitting kit.

The fitting kit bolts do indeed bold thru the floor pan, but there are
10 bolts in total, and each of these has a large metal plate supplied
for underneath the floor, providing more than enough strength for up to
a 640ltr tank (which when full weighs in at 690Kg)

Cleantech

Somehow I don't think my floorpan will hold 30.000kg (400Kg + 66x Gravity @ 40mph accident, not even counting inertia) in an accident, even with spreader plate.