[GQC] Tim

Company who will fit a tank properly in Surrey area.
« on: November 30, 2007, 11:51:42 pm »
Wouldn't mind travelling a bit, but does anyone have some experience with a company who fits tanks here in Surrey, or in nearby county? In the proper way through the chassis, instead of just the floorpan. That's the only thing I want to have done professionally, I can do the rest, but I don't want to take any risk myself doing that.

Many thanks.

Re: Company who will fit a tank properly in Surrey area.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 12:29:36 am »
Wouldn't mind travelling a bit, but does anyone have some experience with a company who fits tanks here in Surrey, or in nearby county? In the proper way through the chassis, instead of just the floorpan. That's the only thing I want to have done professionally, I can do the rest, but I don't want to take any risk myself doing that.

Many thanks.
www.purefreedom.co.uk  about 3 hours drive.

they have very nice buses aswell  ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 12:04:23 pm »
Oh, I just bought some stuff off their site, didn't know they were 'in the area'. I'll drop em a line. Thanks.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 12:06:01 pm »
They really are top ppl to deal with too,.. sent gear over to Ireland for me and my dad,... it arrived faster than some of the gear we ordered from a place only 50 miles away!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 12:14:41 pm »
Oh, I just bought some stuff off their site, didn't know they were 'in the area'. I'll drop em a line. Thanks.
They are not in your area they are in grimsby but well worth the little drive  ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 12:17:59 pm »
Hence the 'in my area'  ;D

Well, it's 4hrs and 15min drive, that's quite a long drive. Phew. Dunno what to do yet then.

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 12:21:37 pm »
Hence the 'in my area'  ;D

Well, it's 4hrs and 15min drive, that's quite a long drive. Phew. Dunno what to do yet then.
put it this way, a 4hour 15 min drive (if you drive at 40 miles an hour)
I well worth it one day tank fitted and back home and all is then safe, your life must be worth one day  ::)

there is also a place on the south coast www.windowcleaningsystems.co.uk
if you call them say you got details from me and speak to Oliver

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2007, 12:33:54 pm »
Oh, well I checked it with AA routeplanner, and they are usually pretty good estimates. :)

(It's from 10min from Guildford) So I suppose it depends on where you live in Surrey, Surrey is quite big. But you are right on the life saving.

Can they really do it in one day? That'd be great. :)

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 12:37:08 pm »
Oh, well I checked it with AA routeplanner, and they are usually pretty good estimates. :)

(It's from 10min from Guildford) So I suppose it depends on where you live in Surrey, Surrey is quite big. But you are right on the life saving.

Can they really do it in one day? That'd be great. :)
I had the whole system fitted in one day and tested

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 12:39:32 pm »
That sounds really good.

Do you have any pictures of how they mounted your tank? Would be much appreciated. And how much roughly did it cost you?

If you want to, you can send any pictures to Timbervanduijvenbode@gmail.com

nat

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 01:20:58 pm »
GCQ the will send you a 650 litre tank and frame delivered to your door for £500, take it to a mechanics or do it your self. you just need to line the frame up with your chassis drill the holes and put the bolts through. a mechanic or someone with a ramp could do it if you don't want to, or get a trolley jack and axle stands and do it your self

they will want £200 for fitting it as well as the drive up to grimsby. they are good guys up there but i would get it fitted in my area to save you the hassle of a 10 hours round trip....if it was a full fitted system then that would be different

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 01:52:41 pm »
GCQ the will send you a 650 litre tank and frame delivered to your door for £500, take it to a mechanics or do it your self. you just need to line the frame up with your chassis drill the holes and put the bolts through. a mechanic or someone with a ramp could do it if you don't want to, or get a trolley jack and axle stands and do it your self

they will want £200 for fitting it as well as the drive up to grimsby. they are good guys up there but i would get it fitted in my area to save you the hassle of a 10 hours round trip....if it was a full fitted system then that would be different
Is true a welder could do it, still going to cost about the same for a good cage finish and fit, the good thing with freedom they are engineers I know who I would trust and did

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 01:57:44 pm »
£200 for fitting?

And £290 for the frame. That's quite expensive.  :-\  :-[

I'm not that rich. Wanted to keep it around the £1000 mark for everything.

Wonder how good cleantechs Heavy Duty Tank Fitting Kit would be.

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 02:26:30 pm »
£200 for fitting?

And £290 for the frame. That's quite expensive.  :-\  :-[

I'm not that rich. Wanted to keep it around the £1000 mark for everything.

Wonder how good cleantechs Heavy Duty Tank Fitting Kit would be.
I am sure if they are selling it, it would be good.

nat

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 03:29:08 pm »
you don't need a welder Ian!!!! i gave an example of a mechanic as they can get underneath to see where do put the bolts properly if you don't fancy getting dirty underneath your van. it isn't rocket science on where to place the frame as long as its bolted to the chassis its the strongest place it can be.

what do you have a £1k budget for GQC? if thats the whole system you can still get the rest for around £500 depends what you want really. £290 for that frame is a good price not unless you can make it yourself.

nat

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 03:38:43 pm »
i have just re read your post Ian i think i may of read it wrong.

What i mean is buy the tank and frame for £500 then take it to a mechanic to fit or someone with a ramp. i would just get under the van and fit it myself. i think that makes it clearer ;D

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2007, 03:54:55 pm »
Well, roundabout £1000 for literally everything. Already have a 400ltr tank. I might have to email some company's and ask them what they can do for me I suppose. Emailed Cleantech to see what their kit consists of.

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 04:16:05 pm »
i have just re read your post Ian i think i may of read it wrong.

What i mean is buy the tank and frame for £500 then take it to a mechanic to fit or someone with a ramp. i would just get under the van and fit it myself. i think that makes it clearer ;D
I did read wrong Nat   ;)

nat

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2007, 04:23:50 pm »
Well, roundabout £1000 for literally everything. Already have a 400ltr tank. I might have to email some company's and ask them what they can do for me I suppose. Emailed Cleantech to see what their kit consists of.

if you don't have much cash why not use ratchet straps?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2007, 06:09:51 pm »

Many thanks.

Maybe give Omnipole a try?
They fit systems all the time.
Maybe they will just do a barebones tank fitting or maybe they won't.  Nothing to lose by asking though.  They're based Croydon way.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 11:01:59 pm »

Many thanks.

Maybe give Omnipole a try?
They fit systems all the time.
Maybe they will just do a barebones tank fitting or maybe they won't.  Nothing to lose by asking though.  They're based Croydon way.

Oh Croydon way is a lot better, I'll give them a shout, thanks for that.

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 04:24:12 pm »
Just go down your local coachworks or accident repair centre, these guys will be able to sort you out with it.
Malcolm

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 02:41:10 pm »
Just go down your local coachworks or accident repair centre, these guys will be able to sort you out with it.
Malcolm

I have to go down to one this afternoon anyway. Cheers, I'll give them a try. :)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 05:00:39 pm »
Well they didn't have a clue, said if I can provide the frame, they can have a look, but I have to bring a picture with me to show how it needs to be done. Okaaaya right. I don't think so lol.

I'm gonna email some companys and ask for a quote, figure that's the way to go.

sair

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 08:37:42 pm »
 do you want  frame bolted in or one supplied to be bolted in?

tony 07944 227635  essentially pure

? what van what system do you have ?

Essentially Pure Ltd

nat

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007, 08:48:07 pm »
Well they didn't have a clue, said if I can provide the frame, they can have a look, but I have to bring a picture with me to show how it needs to be done. Okaaaya right. I don't think so lol.

I'm gonna email some companys and ask for a quote, figure that's the way to go.

GQC don't take this the wrong way fella but i think your really making a mountain out of a mole hill

what do you want to spend? that would be a starting point then you'll probably get some good advice of what to do. you have the tank already so you'll probably get a frame quite cheap. give pure freedom a ring

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 12:18:47 pm »
I gave purefreedom a ring, brilliant people, very friendly, they said they can supply the frame for me for £299, and they can also call around for a engineering company in my area. I'm going to do it that way. I want it properly done.

@ Nat

Already got the tank, but thinking budget wise, I'd rather save up some more and get it done properly. They say building it in would be around £300.

Got an email back from Cleantech, and this is what they said about the heavy duty tank fitting kit.

The fitting kit bolts do indeed bold thru the floor pan, but there are
10 bolts in total, and each of these has a large metal plate supplied
for underneath the floor, providing more than enough strength for up to
a 640ltr tank (which when full weighs in at 690Kg)

Cleantech

Somehow I don't think my floorpan will hold 30.000kg (400Kg + 66x Gravity @ 40mph accident, not even counting inertia) in an accident, even with spreader plate.