UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

CLAMPS ON POLES

(1/3) > >>

herbiefatboy:
DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ONLY MY CLAMPS ON MY POLE SEEMS TO NOT BE ABLE TO TIGHTEN UP ANY MORE.WHEN YOU PUSH THE THE CLAMP DOWN THE POLE STILL MOVES ROUND IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO THANKS DARREN

H h20:
There is a plastic nut on the side,you have to tighten it the opposite way to normal as if you are undoing it,Gaz  ;)

herbiefatboy:
HI GAZ I HAVE DONE THAT BUT IT WILL NOT   TIGHTEN  UP ANY MORE BECAUSE  THE JAWS ARE TOUCHING WHAT CAN BE DONE

windows_chepstow:

--- Quote from: Gaz (previously Hh20) on February 07, 2006, 08:39:12 pm ---There is a plastic nut on the side,you have to tighten it the opposite way to normal as if you are undoing it,Gaz  ;)

--- End quote ---

Gaz is spot on.

Normally, it's 'Lucy left to loosen', and, 'rightly tightly to tighten'.

But with my Ionics pole it's the opposite way round.

Get an adjustable spanner and turn the plastic nut an anti-clockwise a turn or two.

It'll tighten up.  Keep the adjustable in your car.  I think the more wear they get, the more you have to adjust them.

H h20:

--- Quote from: herbiefatboy on February 07, 2006, 08:45:38 pm ---HI GAZ I HAVE DONE THAT BUT IT WILL NOT   TIGHTEN  UP ANY MORE BECAUSE  THE JAWS ARE TOUCHING WHAT CAN BE DONE

--- End quote ---
How many sections is your pole?
does it do it on all the sections?
how old/how much use has it had?
Gaz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version