UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

tds calibration

(1/1)

stuart howes:
hi can you help i have just got my new tds meter put it in a 342ppm solution and it read way above this so i re calibrated it to 342   then tried  it again about 10 min later in the 342 solution and it now reads 357 :'( even left it in the solution for about 2 mins     what am i doing wrong :'(

simbo:
stuart,
sorry to hijack your thread but, did mine for the first time on sat and was 560!!!! now my thoughts are oh my god what is it going to cost to get that down. Has anyone else got tds this high and does it cause you a lot of probs as i am going to find out as soon as water butt arrives and i sort my ro out.
cheers simb0

Andrew McCann:
Hi Stuart not been home long and just seen this thread.

Only one thought occurs to me. Did you use the meter on any other water in between the tests?  It could be that. Remember that it measures in parts per million. Wouldnt take much to make it read wrong in the calibration solution.

When I use mine on anything other than pure I always pop it into some pure before putting it away.

If it persists we will send you another one by next day delivery.

I would try it in the morning to let it dry out and settle down down. Let me know mate.

Andrew

stuart howes:
thanks andrew   i did try it straight in the 342 solution first i will let you know  thanks again   stu

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version