UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

problems combining wfp and traditional

<< < (2/3) > >>

Andrew McCann:
Its the good old first time around with WFP..  brings back memories  :)

That water use is real high Ahmed. Even for 1st time cleans with WFP. If its the average type semi you are talking about I make it 25 ltrs for 5 windows. Way to high in my opinion. This of course will contribute to the problem with water running down everywhere. Half of that use would be more like it. Like using trad you will get the knack of it and speed up as time goes on.

Good advice from the rest of the mob as usual. If we are working in pairs we try to look for the windows with a porch or something like that to start at then the trad guy doing downstairs can get straight to it. Then work to the end of the run doing the upstairs and go back to where the trad guy is and help him to the end of the run.

Once you have done your round a couple of times try cutting your flow rate down to around 1 ltr per minute. You will be faster with the pole and also really all your cleans will be just maintenance ones.

Good tip about the BOAB Brett BTW. We have been wearing then on a belt as usual doing the same as you. Will give your method a go now :)  Except for the Fairy. We use a detergent called Evans high class. Tried them all and found this one to be fantastic. Its not expensive and because you are using pure for the solution you only need a very small amount. It even smells nice  ;D

All the guys around this way use it and swear by it.

Cheers

Andrew

Cheers

Andrew

Ian_Giles:
I've little to add to that, the above posts are all spot on ;)

But wow!

That water usage is way high!! 10-13 litres on an average upstairs semi should be more than enough on a first time clean.
On repeat cleans you should be using no more than 8 or 9 litres on an upstairs.
By and large, 15 litres should be enough to do a standard semi.
But that takes practice and confidence.

The flow rate that I personally prefer is about 2 litres a minute, that allows me to work at the speed that I feel comfortable with.
But that is something that varies from individual to individual.

Best of luck though!!

Ian

s.hughes:
I dont wfp on all properties, in fact very few but I found that I also 1st of all went through about 25 litres a house, just tops. Problem was I was soaking the windows to much, far to much and of course at this rate it was faster to trade the glass. After a couple of tries I now dont use much water at all. its just down to being confident with the system.

Andrew where do you get that evans high class from?

Steve

genesis_windows:

--- Quote from: brett walker on February 06, 2006, 11:22:33 pm ---When im working on my own i wfp all tops i have got a bucket on a belt i strap this through the handle of my 25ltr barrel.  A splash of fairy in it and keep topping it up with pure water this saves carrying a bucket round with you plus tou get the splashes and drips from the top windows

job done

Brett

--- End quote ---
a thing we used to do when abseil window cleaning was to carry a 1ltr bottle in a pouch with soapy water rather than hanging a bucket so many floors up!
when i used to do domestics the trad way i did it then also and was never slowed down by carrying a bucket.
just used to squirt a line on either side of the applicator and away i went, didnt have loads of soapy water to mop off the ledgs after either, still do it now when doing insides.

alpha:
Me and the wife had the same problem so we went over to wfp only,
we are now getting around the work in less time and all is well with the customers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version