UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

problems combining wfp and traditional

(1/3) > >>

clairekuccuk39:

Hi everyone,

Have recently made the move over to wfp and as i now have someone working with me, the plan was for him to do downstairs traditional and me to do upstairs with wfp. 
The problem is all the water running down from the upstairs windows onto the downstairs ones.  Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you get around it?
Am i missing something really obvious? Also i seem to be getting through a 25ltr tank of water for the upstairs of just one house. Does this sound normal or not?  Its not as if im scrubbing dirty frames because i always did them when i was traditional so they arnt paticularly dirty or anything.

Any ideas much appreciated
Ahmet 

AuRavelling79:
Ok Ahmet here goes:-

Do all the upstairs on your house first, starting with windows that have a downstairs window directly below. By the time you get to window three or four your mate can start window one below. If there are any downstairs windows without a window above then he can get started on these.

The next house should be nearby and if so you go and start the upstairs. Usually you will get ahead of your mate.

When you are getting too far ahead go back and help him downstairs until you've almost caught up with your last upstairs windows, then go back to upstairs and get ahead a bit. Work like this throughout the day and the upstairs will have finished dripping long enough for the downstairs to be done.

25 litres is a lot for upstairs only on any suburban semi of three or four bedrooms. I Use 25 litres on a whole typical 1930's detached suburban house.

Hope this helps.

windows_chepstow:
Ahmet,

25 litres should be enough to do a whole house, but on first cleans it is better to use plenty of water.

Your speed will pick up on subsequent cleans and you'll use less water.

Working in pairs doing tops only with a WFP requires a certain amount of team work.  After a few months you'll be burning along.

I work with Wor Lass and I rarely see her these days.

Pick a start point; somewhere with a conservatory or with a sloping roof and get the squeegy-user to start work there.

I find doing tops with a WFP is usually far quicker that a trad user doing the bottoms with a squeegy (especially Wor Lass who isn't the fastest squeegier in the west).

Then the WFP user should get ahead and could end up maybe five houses ahead of the trad worker.

After you've done your round three of four times, you'll both be slicker as your new working method.

Mr. S:
Malc, when u say go back and help on the downstairs, do you mean the person with the pole does this with the pole or does he carry a hip bucket and squeegee?

Please clarify as will be wfp hopefully next week! :) :)

brett walker:
When im working on my own i wfp all tops i have got a bucket on a belt i strap this through the handle of my 25ltr barrel.  A splash of fairy in it and keep topping it up with pure water this saves carrying a bucket round with you plus tou get the splashes and drips from the top windows

job done

Brett

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version