UK Window Cleaning Forum > Window Cleaning Forum

Advice Please...Please read

(1/5) > >>

rich007:
Hi,
I have been offered a window cleaning round for £1500, this includes ladders,van,equipment.  The round is worth £500 - 600 per week.  The round has been built over 3 years.  It is currently run by husband and wife who work together, they are home no later than 3pm every day.
Do you think it be possible for me to take it over and work on my own, do you think that it is possible for me to get the houses finished each day.  How many house could be done in a day working from 8am to 4.30pm.  Stopping for 30 mins lunch for example....Just need some advice from the pro's.  I have been going out with him a few times a week to get me up to speed. Any advice would be helpful, thank you, Richard.

gaza:
rich iss that 2,000 to 2,500 a month? or taking 500/600

stuart howes:
just go for it rich it will be the thing you have ever done
dont worry if you dont do all the work in one hit just tell the people the situation  they will be fine  most people are just glad to get there windows cleaned  most dont even remember when you last cleaned them   and if they are not nice people just drop them  you will get so much work as it is getting nearer spring time    just do it and DONT WORRY be happy  i am  hope this helps   stu ;)

rich007:
Its worth £500-600 week, he goes to his customers every 6 weeks.  I really want to go for this.  Just scared that I take too long to get round.

Andrew McCann:
Hi Rich

I dont want to dent your enthusiasm but my question would be how many cleans per day/week do you have to do to earn that £5 or 600?

The price of the round sounds very fair indeed but if it all very underpriced work and you have to work at a rapid pace to make it pay I honestly think you should take a long look at it.

It takes time to get up to speed and be able to do a good job at the same time. The real pros around here have been in the game for a while and can probably knock off an average semi in around 15 to 20 mins. Some faster than that. It will take you a while to get to that speed.

As I say it sounds like a good deal. In fact a very good one.

I think that because you have been out with the people you will already have a good picture of what it entails.

Trad methods cant see one person doing the work of two though. WFP has made us 40% faster overall but its taken a while to get as fast as this with WFP. The 1st and not as bad but certainly the 2nd time around is no faster if not a bit slower than trad.

Maybe 4 to 5 months down the road using a combination of trad and WFP you COULD be getting fast enough to get round. No guarantees with anything in life though.

Having said all this I started out with not one customer not so long ago and now make a very decent living from window cleaning. It WAS a struggle to start but well worth it.

All the best

Andrew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version