eduardo

NIC Services group
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:16:59 am »
Hi,

Had a call tonight on an emergency basis from this company subbing a job at a Boots shop in Oxford. Apparantely they deal with nationals such as argos, boots etc.

Does anyone know of have ever dealt with them in the past? Are they legit?
They also seems to offer a franchise opportunity. Any one knows any info?

They said that there was a chance of getting regular work with them if all went well withe the cleanig of Boost.   Is thiscredible?

Any info or reviews wiould be graetly appreciated as it seems lucrative OR are they something like Global Contract cleaning???

Thanks

Ed
" When there is nothing to do, there is always cleaning to do!"

jaespray

Re: NIC Services group
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 12:42:50 am »
hi ed  we have all been fed that one    do it for a good price & more to follow    i only waited once those days are now gone
regards john

eduardo

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 12:51:55 am »
Hi,

Thank you so much for the quick response. I wasn't sure wether anyone would reply at this time of the evening/morning.
My wife had her reservations from the moment I took the call earlier on tonight at around 9pm.She said he sounded and I quote "nervous". How right she was!!! Womens intuition I guess.
I think i will not accept the job and just let them sort themselves out.

anyone with more info please send it in.

Thanks

Ed

jaespray

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 12:56:11 am »
hi ed   what were they offering   in the way of cleaning
regards john

eduardo

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 01:02:05 am »
Hi,

They hinted at regular work with sites such as Argos in Oxfordshire.

smith2010

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 05:48:47 pm »
argos , boots , banks  all crap high st names and prices 6 - 7 may be 8 quid a shot if your lucky interserve did have most of those but it changes hands all the time - just not the prices .

you need to do lots of sites for different companies in each town to make it pay - and then you will no doubt wait 2 , 3 or more months for your money .

nic by the way is franchied out so check wether its the head office your dealing with - in leeds if memory serves or one of thier franchisees.

its easy for them to promise lots of extra work - all at set prices - low prices - with high specs .

weve done contract work like this for years - sites in the 100s and it only gets harder lol

hope thats of some use to u .

ta

eduardo

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 09:01:38 pm »
Thanks for all the info. ;D

As suspected idid not hear or receive any works order as promised from the chap who initially called me.

Since then I did all my research and with all the postings I declined he offer.I actually phoned their franchise dept and asked them if they had any franchisees in my area there were none, but there is one in reading which is very near.

So i am asking why didn't they pass the work unto that branch... after all that is what their franchise dept said he should have done and what i expect of a franchised operator.Obviously they prefer to su it out to anyone for convenience rather than support their franchisees who are paying for leads etc etc

We all live and learn and thanks for this forum for providing a platform for all of us to gain the knowledge and info we all need to succeed within our industry.

johnd

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 04:54:36 pm »
Hi

It is Interserve who carry out these stores ie Argos and Boots along with William Hill, I know they probably dont get paid much from the window cleaning side of things due to compact scheduling.

Although every cleaner (not window cleaner) I have spoken to in the past never see their manager and are always asking for equipment.

Just thought I would let you know, the company are probably legit in asking for sub-contracting

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 04:40:23 pm »
NIC is a company in Nottingham. Nottingham Industial Cleaners.

amayze

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 08:27:09 pm »
I've done some work for NIC Services.

Cleaned phone-boxes on a 24 hr call out basis in Cambridge. Good money, paid on time...but to far to travel.

Helped me when starting out thou