It just seems it has vanished !

ftp

Re: Where's the post gone????????
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 07:24:38 pm »
This forum is a joke.

gewindows

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 07:25:18 pm »
Dave figured his business could be damaged because of comments made on it.

Must have pulled it himself I guess; perks of the job I suppose.

stevef78

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 07:26:35 pm »
think the mod who posted it was gettin some stick so might have spat dummy out and withdrew the pics,??
good pics though,shame really as both parties seemed to have valid points lol ;)

pingu

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 07:31:10 pm »
So he deleted the whole thread?...mmm..so other forum members made valid comments about his thread yet he thinks he has made a serious error posting about working at 84ft with a certain pole...so can just delete the whole thing...dubious use of elevated forum privilage me thinks.

Ok can I just delete some of FTP's comments then?

Cheers
Dave.

gewindows

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 07:32:33 pm »
Some people are more equal than others  ;)

stevef78

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 07:37:15 pm »
shame really especially as me bein fairly new to this forum,would have liked to see what others thought on the case,i for one thought it was ok but hey??? famous quote springs to mind "one rule for one and another rule for others"!!!lol lol  ;D ;D ;D

jaycee35

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 07:37:15 pm »
I believe that the pics were posted to show what can be achieved with wfp..........Whether it's safe or not, well i'd rather not comment.  :o

macmac

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 07:39:33 pm »
He's done the right thing, if he's a mod & can do it he does right. There's a reason I posted my comments, it involves a court case of a tradesman I know & the manufacturer of a piece of equipment he modified, lets call it a "bespoke tool". His employee got injured using it & the outcome for the tradesman wasn't good. In court a rep' for the original piece of equipment was asked if they would recommend such a modification to it- the reply- NO, absolutely not. Cost him dearly!

stevef78

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 07:42:37 pm »
lucky he never got round to breaking 100ft with the bespoke pole and posted that then,lucky him ;)
i suppose though if the work needs somethin like that then needs must....

old timer

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 07:42:44 pm »
seems to me that this dave morris guy thinks he owns the forum, passes judgement on everyone elses posts but can't hack abit back
I say it as I see it

gewindows

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 07:44:10 pm »
Dave isnt so much a moderator more a member who is fortunate enough to be able to use additional forum tools, like editing others posts, closing threads regardless, deleting posts and generally doing what we all like to be able to do  ;D

macmac

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 07:45:13 pm »
He's a mod & does it for free, can't deny him some privelage. My comments were genuine & in good faith though as I do normally like to wind him up a little.

My comments were for all to digest, not just Dave.

gewindows

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 07:46:37 pm »
I do normally like to wind him up a little.

;)

stevef78

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 07:47:40 pm »
i thought it was a valid point  you made mate and im sure if any of us needed to make a pole that big for a job then we wouldnt hesitate,also i think he should have left them up so we could view all the comments that would have been made even if it helps one of us in the future, :-X :-X :-X

Moderator David@stives

Re: Where's the post gone???????? New
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 07:54:31 pm »
Hi guys

As the post said its been an hard week, and when you have the buttons in front of you, it is so easy to hit the delete button when the wolves are circling so apologies to those who were interested in the thread.

Call it an abuse of power if you like, but i would do the same for any other poster who wanted a post deleted for any personal issue.

stevef78

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 07:57:35 pm »
i thought you had done a good job gettin the pole up there to do the cleans dave and anybody else would do the same thing, also you did say there would be no public about anyways so NO PROBLEM ;)) keep it up,so to speak lol

old timer

Re: Where's the post gone???????? New
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 07:58:57 pm »
Hi guys

As the post said its been an hard week, and when you have the buttons in front of you, it is so easy to hit the delete button when the wolves are circling so apologies to those who were interested in the thread.

Call it an abuse of power if you like, but i would do the same for any other poster who wanted a post deleted for any personal issue.

even if you had made comments yourself?
I say it as I see it

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 08:01:07 pm »
Old timer

Loads of people have emailed me asking me to remove posts they regretted posting etc.

Anyone can email me and ask the same.

Steve

My days of posting pics is now a thing of the past 

old timer

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 08:03:28 pm »
okay boss we will leave it there then
I say it as I see it

Ta-ra

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 08:06:41 pm »
Pictures slow the forum down anyway.

G Griffin

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 08:17:55 pm »
That pole wasn`t safe at 80+ feet. You should have used a ladder. 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

old timer

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 08:19:32 pm »
That pole wasn`t safe at 80+ feet. You should have used a ladder. 

ha ha, I would have used a 3 part on there years back
I say it as I see it

pingu

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2010, 08:23:43 pm »
Personally Dave I am not concerned with your comments...but it's just that you believe that you can delete comments made in good faith by forum members in a thread at will.

Did you ask those concerned?.

Your comments in the thread were very intresting and I am sure inspired many to go 'onwards and upwards' so all credit to you but your 'absolute' use of your forum privilages are of more concern.

Personally the fact you deleted my comment and prevented me viewing other forum members comments because you felt you could are a sad indication of the forum.

So from here on in I presume I can write at will and when I feel I need a thread locking or posts deleting I shall just ask for my profile to have the required privilages granted and I'll save the mods a job and just do it my self?

Dave.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 08:32:24 pm »
Pingu

I am not going to sit here and have my business practices called into question,

call me names, call me big, headed , show off whatever and I wouldnt delete any of it.

A potential damaging post about my business and yes i will delete it, the same as any member who emails me to do the same.

C-N-C

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 08:32:34 pm »
Hi guys

My business practices were being brought into question, by people who dont know nothing about my particular equipment,

I am not prepared to sit here and have potentially damaging statements about my business branded about on the internet.

Hiya Dave....& guy's ;)
dont know wot went on after last time i looked at thread 8)
So far when i posted the thread it was sound fella.... ;)
What the hell  happened fellas....dont want to know anyway ;D
Good to see the guy's reachin for the sky man........
Dont know what happened :-X
But apart from that....nice 1 for da pics man ;)

Kindest regards guy's
Take care all ;D

Justin ;)

ftp

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2010, 08:42:04 pm »
I knew of a cleaner who carried on using a pole with a broken shoulder. Would his method statement and risk assessment cover that?

Dave if you are going to splash all your business over the forum then perhaps you should think things through a little more don't you think?

Personally I found it very interesting and don't normally attack you at all, but honestly this sucks of double standards  :-\

pingu

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 08:44:02 pm »
Sorry Dave YOU chose to use YOUR privilages to delete an entire thread YOU created including the valid and genuine posts of forum members here so getting on your high horse is a low shot.

How can you expect anyone to take your use of your privilages seriously?

Everyone has absolute respect that you are a very smart and successfull businesman but your actions here show you really have taken your role 1 step further than you should have.

Personally ...deleting the whole thread was a very silly move...so please include my user profile in your exempt list.

I would rather simon123 came back as my personal mod.

Dave.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 08:47:03 pm »
girls girls girls,wheres all your hangbags. :P :P :P

pingu

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 08:48:03 pm »
I'm just trying to defend the valid posts here..nothing more.

Dave.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 08:50:45 pm »
ftp

I am a changed man, from this point on my business is private

Pingu

I am not going to argue with you, what can i say, I am protecting MY business, the same way i would protect YOUR business if you asked me to.

Like I said earlier, its been a tough week and those delete buttons are too handy sometimes, in hindsight i might of acted differently.

I am not perfect

Dave

p.s Is there nothing on TV tonight ?

gewindows

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 08:51:57 pm »
Pingu

I am not going to sit here and have my business practices called into question,

Why? Most others on here have theirs called into question.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 08:52:58 pm »
Matt

who ?

gewindows

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 08:56:29 pm »
Well we come on here we discuss stuff.

Part of that discussing is calling into question peoples business practices.

Like......'You really shouldnt be going up a ladder at that angle mate, why dont you use a water-fed pole?'

pingu

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2010, 08:58:44 pm »
Dave...you are without doubt one of the few guys I admire on this forum, you bring a wealth of knowledge and experiance and as such I suppose I hold you to a greater platform than others.

I also make a donkies bottom of myself with great regularity....The thing is I'm lucky you and the forum did'nt did'nt see me reverse my van into a tree the other week ;)

So with the greatest respect to you I'll say goodnight.

Dave.

Smudger

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2010, 08:59:15 pm »
Hi Guys,

I was reading the post and Dave i have to say i was impressed with the set-up the only thing i saw in early posts was the remark towards the trackky bottoms...

as to removing an entire thread, i have to say should not be done unless there is legal issues or offensive language but hey these things are not subject to laws or anything.

My outlook is that this place is a great medium for help and info.   BUT

i choose not to show my business - mainly because i can get a little hung up on the unimportant things and get drawn into arguments which could reflect badly on my business.

This forum can be accessed by any1 ( and is!!! )    

So maybe the best thing to come out of this is that we should better consider our posts/replies before hitting the POST key and thinking the world is out to get us.

Darran  :D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2010, 09:04:17 pm »
Dave...you are without doubt one of the few guys I admire on this forum, you bring a wealth of knowledge and experiance and as such I suppose I hold you to a greater platform than others.
Dave.

Dave

you hide it very well.

as for the pics I will repost them when i have taken H&S advice, I know I was working safely, but just want to ask my bespoke supplier a question

macmac

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2010, 09:05:26 pm »
Practice what you preach safe contractor ;)

You are not above safety.

pingu

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2010, 09:07:38 pm »
 :-* :-*

ftp

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2010, 09:08:29 pm »
All your fault Tony!

macmac

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 09:13:42 pm »
If he thinks what we all seen is safe for him, his employees & the public, given his medals, then more the fool him!

I thought he'd actually had second thoughts on his practices, but hey, who are we simpletons! ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2010, 09:11:49 am »
Im glad it was removed, we all make mistakes. Must be hard for Dave being a mod and one of the boys at the same time.

Think he needs a break on this one.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Ta-ra

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2010, 09:23:41 am »
You can't ride two horses at the same time.

Tosh

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2010, 09:33:47 am »
You can't ride two horses at the same time.

Aye you can!

It doesn't look very safe though.  ;D

WILLIS

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2010, 09:39:03 am »
Hi guys

My business practices were being brought into question, by people who dont know nothing about my particular equipment,

I am not prepared to sit here and have potentially damaging statements about my business branded about on the internet.

Dave I trust you consider and monitor any future comments about the NVQ

Tosh

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2010, 09:42:19 am »
Hi guys

Dave I trust you consider and monitor any future comments about the NVQ

That's a strange first post to make?  Why?  What's your involvement with the NVQ?  Do you stand to make any money out of it?  Is that your interest here?

Just interested, that's all.

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2010, 09:52:52 am »
Personally Dave I am not concerned with your comments...but it's just that you believe that you can delete comments made in good faith by forum members in a thread at will.

Did you ask those concerned?.

Your comments in the thread were very intresting and I am sure inspired many to go 'onwards and upwards' so all credit to you but your 'absolute' use of your forum privilages are of more concern.

Personally the fact you deleted my comment and prevented me viewing other forum members comments because you felt you could are a sad indication of the forum.

So from here on in I presume I can write at will and when I feel I need a thread locking or posts deleting I shall just ask for my profile to have the required privilages granted and I'll save the mods a job and just do it my self?

Dave.

Other people's posts would not have made any sense though without Dave's posts and Macmac's post.  Easier just to delete the whole thread.  I probably would have done the same.

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2010, 10:06:54 am »

I am a changed man, from this point on my business is private

More's the pity.  There are a few posters on here who I home in on regarding window cleaning stuff.  Dave is one of them.  There are others too - such as Ian Lancaster who has been more of an inspiration to me than he will ever know, Ian Giles who doesn't post so much these days but when he does it's well worth reading, and believe it or not, Ewan, who does come out with the odd gem if you can be bothered to filter out the background noise.  I also take note of Matt more these days.  As my finances have got more squeezed he is always good for a read on how to save a few quid (quite a few sometimes).  And Jeff is always good for help on 12v electrics.

gewindows

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2010, 10:08:48 am »
*Ahem!*

Did you forget someone?

;D

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2010, 10:10:34 am »
*Ahem!*

Did you forget someone?

;D

Oh yeah.  Tosh.  The ugliest pig ever to wear women's clothes.   ;D 

gewindows

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2010, 10:20:16 am »
 ;D ;D

Tosh

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2010, 10:22:36 am »
 ::) >:( ;D

Ian_Giles

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2010, 12:04:03 pm »
Topic locked......by the OTHER moderator....

Reason?

Thread mutation, silly replies (Tosh) and argument is now only repeating itself.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES