mark dew

Where's the rain then?
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:46:15 pm »
Sat in all morning pottering about with van. Local forecast said it would be chucking down by lunchtime.
Decided not to go out cos today is my furthest travelling day of the month and i needed 6 hours to complete the area without going back tomorrow.
1.30 now and nothing.  ???
Now i don't normally follow the forecasts and go out regardless but i have a couple of 8 weekly barn conversions come up today that don't stay clean after the rain.  And i don't want to drive out there twice.
I've been caught out and am frustrated now.
A productive Monday sets me up nicely for an easy week.
I normally work in the rain but went all soft this morning due to the timings of heavy rain to come and the 2 jobs lined up.
I could have been done in an hours time if i hadn't listened to the forecasters (which i normally don't)!
Oh well!

Jeff Brimble

Re: Where's the rain then?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 01:51:21 pm »

Dale Smith

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 03:32:55 pm »
It hit us midday, and we had to pack up. Its been raining steady ever since, really windy as well....... oh well.... there is always Call of Duty 4.... ;D
Swindon, Wiltshire.

Count Phil

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 04:35:09 pm »
didn't catch me till ten to 3! The forecast kept saying it will stay wet this afternoon following a wet morning!

Did nearly a full day.

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 04:41:08 pm »
Midday here it started and its been p isstantly raining since. ;D

Mr H

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 04:47:19 pm »
Strong gust with drizzle and showers from first thing. Started chucking it down at about 11 and only now has it gone back to drizzle........

Showers with sunny intervals was the metoffice forecast for us today.......
More like rain with intervals of showers.........

At least the van has had a few odd jobs done on it....

Regards
Mr H

jaykie

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 05:07:02 pm »
Not one rain drop down south but forecasted for later on.

Tosh

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 05:14:01 pm »
It's been fairly bad here in South East Wales.  Showery and windy this morning, followed by more showers and wind.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 06:09:47 pm »
Been sunshine showers and heavy rain turnabout here today but i was nice and cosy inside doing a builders clean on a school today went outside for about 2 hours in the afternoon to remove all the stickers and got rained on almost constantly and the wind was gusting quite strong aswell