Stoots

Van Lining
« on: July 29, 2022, 06:32:06 pm »
So ive gone and bought a brand spanking new van  ;D

In the past ive used protektokote and raptor both applied myself and whilst it wasnt bad it had chipped off eventually.

So what are the options for lining a new van ?

The best one ive heard of seems to be Line X does anyone have experience of this ?

But is a van liner really required ? The van floor being painted should be water tight should it not ?  Would it be enough to just fit rubber matting ?

thanks

NWH

Re: Van Lining
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 07:05:34 pm »
Imo it needs coating properly either Speedliner or 2 coats of Protectacote.

EandM

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 07:16:26 pm »
Line-X is very good, as is Raptor but generally they're all weather, 2k coatings for use outside.
Might be a bit ott for the inside of a van but probably very good.
Just wear a decent air fed mask.

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2022, 07:52:05 pm »
Cheers I've done protektokote before and I've got a compressor/sprayer to use raptor. I painted an entire car in raptor not long ago....

But was after something done for me this time I think as I've had issues with chipping on bits before.

I'll look at speedliner thanks,think line x is going to be about 1500 quid bit overkill maybe

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2022, 08:08:48 pm »
Speedliner, brilliant.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2022, 08:40:52 pm »
I don’t think you can go overkill when it comes to waterproofing the van floor the more the better,Speedliner is way better than Protectacote although it is still good not as durable.

Gringo

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2022, 08:56:03 pm »
What can did you go for Stootsy?

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2022, 09:06:25 pm »
So ive gone and bought a brand spanking new van  ;D

In the past ive used protektokote and raptor both applied myself and whilst it wasnt bad it had chipped off eventually.

So what are the options for lining a new van ?

The best one ive heard of seems to be Line X does anyone have experience of this ?

But is a van liner really required ? The van floor being painted should be water tight should it not ?  Would it be enough to just fit rubber matting ?

thanks

I have one van with line x  and one with speed liner line x is better and  cheaper  in my opinion , avoid. Protector coat it’s rubbish  did my other van with that when I first had it wore through within a few months

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2022, 11:38:12 pm »
I had my boxer x-lined - it had pressure washers in it for 4 years and now back to wfp - its had Genny's pulled in/out and other heavy items - it still looks like new.

Protectocote - rubbish not worth the effort.

The last 2 new vans I haven't bothered with and extra protection at all

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Pete Thompson

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2022, 12:02:05 am »
Line-X.

That is all.

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2022, 08:11:52 am »
What can did you go for Stootsy?

Citroen relay L2 H2

It's absolutely huge  ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2022, 12:15:47 pm »
Cheers I've done protektokote before and I've got a compressor/sprayer to use raptor. I painted an entire car in raptor not long ago....

But was after something done for me this time I think as I've had issues with chipping on bits before.

I'll look at speedliner thanks,think line x is going to be about 1500 quid bit overkill maybe

Line x cost  £770 including vat
Speedliner  £1400 plus vat
Line x is far more cost effective and a better product as it’s instantly hard speed liner takes a couple of weeks to go hard and gives off horrendous fumes for  several weeks . Both give very good protection from scuffs and chemical spillage .

SB Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2022, 01:16:28 pm »

Line x is far more cost effective and a better product as it’s instantly hard speed liner takes a couple of weeks to go hard and gives off horrendous fumes for  several weeks . Both give very good protection from scuffs and chemical spillage .
Speedliner £1400 ?

I can't remember paying anywhere near that from GrippaTank, it was around £700

SB Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2022, 01:18:57 pm »
Just checked £750 Inc  vat.

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2022, 02:32:21 pm »

Speedliner £1400 ?

Yes that’s what the local garage that are agents wanted for  it ,and that was plus vat , had one van done with it but won’t use it again  line x is a much better product and cheaper

SB Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2022, 02:54:02 pm »

Speedliner £1400 ?

Yes that’s what the local garage that are agents wanted for  it ,and that was plus vat , had one van done with it but won’t use it again  line x is a much better product and cheaper
What's better about it mate?

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2022, 02:58:00 pm »
I'll get some line x quotes.

I'm also going to ring a local company that does plastics, apparently they can build what is essentially a large plastic tray to fit the entire van floor.

Splash & dash

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2022, 03:30:06 pm »

Speedliner £1400 ?

Speedliner  is always a bit rubbery and soft if that makes sense , line x is a harder finish but still gives grip , it’s instantly hard Speedliner  takes several weeks to cure , I just prefer line x  also  the cost saving make it a no brainier .

SB Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2022, 03:42:37 pm »

Speedliner £1400 ?

Speedliner  is always a bit rubbery and soft if that makes sense , line x is a harder finish but still gives grip , it’s instantly hard Speedliner  takes several weeks to cure , I just prefer line x  also  the cost saving make it a no brainier .
yeah mine took a while to cure bit it's rock hard now,

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2022, 06:19:14 pm »
What do you chaps think of this

https://www.plylineuk.co.uk/product/polyline-lining-kit-for-citroen-vans/

like ply lining but plastic sheet by the looks of it

intersting