AuRavelling79

Re: £600 for an electric hose reel the only option ?
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2021, 01:11:52 pm »
Maybe just put reinforced pole hose on your reel. Light as a feather.

Doesn't it get in an absolute tangled mess ?

My pole hose is a nightmare I wouldn't want 30 or more metres of it,surely it loops up and kinks and won't lay flat ?

No. I use Gardiner's normal yellow on my poles but I buy red reinforced from Soap National for the first (as in the first part that gets pulled off the reel) 50 metres or so on my reel.

I also favour light Claber reels as the one I mainly use gets lifted out to get a better angle from time to time.
It's a game of three halves!

robbo333

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2021, 05:35:14 pm »
I've just got the new 'Combat Ready' electric reel from Waterworks at the show price of £350 plus VAT.

Absolutely brilliant!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2021, 07:41:35 pm »
I've just got the new 'Combat Ready' electric reel from Waterworks at the show price of £350 plus VAT.

Absolutely brilliant!

waterworks plastic electric reels have been known to have a lot of issues...belts snapping,switches breaking,motor not powerful enough and the general cheap nature of the reel itself has been a problem for lots of window cleaners who ve bought them.....hopefully theyve ironed out these by now
price higher/work harder!

Pete Thompson

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2021, 08:29:30 pm »
waterworks plastic electric reels have been known to have a lot of issues...belts snapping,switches breaking,motor not powerful enough and the general cheap nature of the reel itself has been a problem for lots of window cleaners who ve bought them.....hopefully theyve ironed out these by now

Er what?

How many have you had daz? And how many of those have exhibited these problems?

I have two 3D waterworks reels.

No belts have snapped.

The motors are incredibly powerful! I was joking the other day that if I threw the hose over the top of a house, I think the reel could probably  pull me up the wall and onto the roof!

The switches have been fine, (but I did modify mine so that they work with a remote control, rather than a wired switch).

What problems have you had with your waterworks reels daz?

Or are you just repeating hearsay?

Simon Trapani

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2021, 08:33:36 pm »
Yep, my waterworks works fine too. Just wish it had a speed control switch like on a scalextric controller.😁

Splash & dash

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2021, 09:40:21 pm »

Er what?

No belts have snapped.

The motors are incredibly powerful! I was joking the other day that if I threw the hose over the top of a house, I think the reel could probably  pull me up the wall and onto the roof!

The switches have been fine, (but I did modify mine so that they work with a remote control, rather than a wired switch).

We have 6 of them and they are good reels we are long term testing them for water works and there have been a few issues but they listen act quickly to alter the design , I would recommend them I also have pure freedom reel masters in a twin stack stainless steel  cost  nearly 2 k they are also good reels but not without there issues as well

tlwcs

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2021, 06:13:42 am »

Absolutely brilliant!

Lol

zesty

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2021, 06:39:19 am »
My only issue with the waterworks is the power, I don’t think it’s great, especially when comparing to my old diy one.

I think this is obviously more an issue with all the reels, being they are only 12volt motors.

Sometimes it really struggles to pull the hose round tighter bends. Gets a bit annoying when you end up pulling half the hose round the house to ‘help’ the reel out.

Spruce

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2021, 08:52:05 am »
My only issue with the waterworks is the power, I don’t think it’s great, especially when comparing to my old diy one.

I think this is obviously more an issue with all the reels, being they are only 12volt motors.

Sometimes it really struggles to pull the hose round tighter bends. Gets a bit annoying when you end up pulling half the hose round the house to ‘help’ the reel out.

Are they actually 12v motors or are they still using the 24v scooter motor rebadged for 12v?  If they are then the motor will run at half the speed and have half the torque.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2021, 04:03:47 pm »
Thanks for all the replys... ill stick it on the to buy list.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Simon Trapani

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2021, 04:42:11 pm »

This was the one that came with my 3d reel a few months back:

Are they actually 12v motors or are they still using the 24v scooter motor rebadged for 12v?  If they are then the motor will run at half the speed and have half the torque.

robbo333

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2021, 05:05:36 pm »

Absolutely brilliant!

A window cleaning friend of mine has had a Waterworks Reel for over 3 years and no problems.
That's what helped me make the decision.
It's early days, but so far it feels rock solid.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Frankybadboy

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2021, 05:17:39 pm »
i have the water works and the purefreedom reel and can honestly say the w/w reel is a bag of NWH talk

everything i think of has gone wrong with it,and still it plays up,yet the P/F has nothing gone wrong with it

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2021, 06:08:57 pm »

Er what?

No belts have snapped.

i wouldnt buy one mate...they are rubbish compared to the pure freedom reels....i know 2 window cleaners that have got them and they ve had endless problems...they should of never been brought to market without thorough testing...instead window cleaners became their guinea pigs after forking out £400+! ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2021, 06:41:49 pm »
Just waiting for mr G to bring out a ‘gardiner xtreme electric hose reel’

100mph reel in speed and the power of a bull on steroids.

That’d suit me  8)