kikjason

Non-stop chatting 😁
« on: April 08, 2020, 02:53:08 pm »
I've worked tday.. Worked one day last week.. Tday I've never had so many customers happy to see me.. Talking for age's asking me why I haven't been working and telling me that I can.. Really enjoyed working and can tell the customers haven't got any problems with me working.. I was a bit worried when I first started. First customer gave me a can of beer for later and some customers paid me double.. I only worked while 2 because people where starting to sit in the gardens and didn't want to bother them... Earnt some decent money...hopefully same tomorrow

andyM

Re: None stop chatting 😁
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 03:48:21 pm »
First customer gave me a can of beer for later and some customers paid me double..

Can of Corona?   
One of the Plebs

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 04:31:14 pm »
Tomorrow im working the only street where they all pay cash and non of them use the internet and I have no need for their contact details.  So tomorrow is going to be interesting and slow, as its all old dears who wont have seen a soul to speak to.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 04:36:06 pm »
I had an old biddy yesterday cry out when I turned 'Oh God, Im so glad to see you'

They've been locked up for 3 weeks so far, they're  1/4 of the way through their 'sentence'.

zesty

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 06:58:40 pm »
I’m finding the same, everyone’s in, and everyone’s chatting!! Taking longer to get round the houses.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 08:16:47 pm »
It is strange . People are coming out and chatting . Even those who usually blank me .

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 08:20:30 pm »
Yes. People want to tell me about how they and their family are and ask how mine are. I just plod along in the sunshine. If I get through this unscathed this might be the year to shave off £1000 a month and ease up a bit.
It's a game of three halves!

johnny bravo

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 09:03:04 pm »
yes 1st few days out since paddys day.      Since he said Essential workers only.       Now that's been dropped .  getting better.      One subject all chatting about,     I don't mind.      Cash  is back in my pocket + Bank.     Been going out around 9.am   finishing around 12.30.       Getting the feel for it now.      Always keeping distance when being paid cash.     Leave on step or  Envelope etc.       Having a day off tomorrow,  back out Friday.     Different areas   may be different.     A few oldies I just not doing as I know what they will say.      What are you doing here.    So ill leave a few.
All have been great.    Really glad ive been going out.      Stop spending my Savings now.    Relief.

swanson

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 09:10:21 pm »
I never stopped
Just carried on as normal
Well not totally normal keeping safe distance but I generally think my customers want there windows cleaned.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 09:49:48 pm »
i got a bit sunburnt today on my arms and face...ill be slapping the suncream on tomorrow....yep customers are generally more chatty than usual and i picked up 2 new jobs(both yummy mummys in their 30s too)....its been a great day both work and weather wise.....one more day then 4 days off for me.......

happy easter chaps.... :)
price higher/work harder!

matty72

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 10:26:59 pm »
yea lots of chatting today, if any custy wants to pay cash i've cut a hole in top of shoe box and leave it by their front door, do the back window s while they put money or cheque in box, no change given either pay me a bit less or abit more and sort out next time, all good.

G Griffin

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 11:58:00 pm »
Nicola Sturgeon says it's in the job description.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 06:45:57 am »
yea lots of chatting today, if any custy wants to pay cash i've cut a hole in top of shoe box and leave it by their front door, do the back window s while they put money or cheque in box, no change given either pay me a bit less or abit more and sort out next time, all good.

Cheques aside, the good thing about notes is that they are now plastic.  I carry 2 cloths in my pouch on belt with me, which are soaked in disinfectant.  So any notes or change get a wipe down straight away and then into my side trouser pocket.
Job done
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

kikjason

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 07:01:02 am »
I might even put my shorts on tday😁👍

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2020, 07:36:50 am »
Last week I had 8 skip, 1 cancel and picked up 3 walk ups.

This week only 2 skips, no cancels and 2 walk ups.

This week people seem more relaxed about it, I think the initial lockdown announcement made people panic and now things have calmed down a little.

Ive only had one customer be a bit funny and ask if I was "essential". I had to put her straight on that one.

But I will say most customers have been really nice about it and a lot of texts saying please come we want to support you. I've had 3 of those that skipped insist on paying me anyway.

I must admit I absolutely hate working at the minute, there's cars everywhere, parking is hard, kids running round and people in gardens. On a morning everyone is in bed and generally you feel a bit if a numpty creeping around...It's like working a constant bank holiday. Can't wait to get back to normal, but shocked how positive most customers have been and as well as walk ups I've had 3 or 4 enquiries via Facebook and website last couple of weeks so if anything business is still moving forwards rather than going backwards like I had expected.

1 more day today then 4 days off for bank holiday, I'm almost working as normal just not getting through quite as much work.

deeege

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 07:57:04 am »
Last week I had 8 skip, 1 cancel and picked up 3 walk ups.

This week only 2 skips, no cancels and 2 walk ups.

This week people seem more relaxed about it, I think the initial lockdown announcement made people panic and now things have calmed down a little.

Ive only had one customer be a bit funny and ask if I was "essential". I had to put her straight on that one.

But I will say most customers have been really nice about it and a lot of texts saying please come we want to support you. I've had 3 of those that skipped insist on paying me anyway.

I must admit I absolutely hate working at the minute, there's cars everywhere, parking is hard, kids running round and people in gardens. On a morning everyone is in bed and generally you feel a bit if a numpty creeping around...It's like working a constant bank holiday. Can't wait to get back to normal, but shocked how positive most customers have been and as well as walk ups I've had 3 or 4 enquiries via Facebook and website last couple of weeks so if anything business is still moving forwards rather than going backwards like I had expected.

1 more day today then 4 days off for bank holiday, I'm almost working as normal just not getting through quite as much work.

Pretty much sums up my experience aswell. I’m only doing half days mainly because I don’t have a load of domestic work so not enough to keep me going full time.

I’m starting around 9:30 and working until lunch as I find the afternoons an absolute nightmare with kids in gardens etc.

I was feeling anxious about starting work again on Monday and it didn’t help when at the first house the customer said we’re surprised to see you, we thought it was essential only etc etc. After explaining the guidelines to her I’ve had no other negativity since.

Glad I’ve got 4 days of commercial to do next week as I’m hating the houses this week.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

zesty

Re: Non-stop chatting 😁
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 08:34:45 am »
Gotta say Deegee, I totally get the kids in garden part, I had that 2 days ago, little girl kept running up to me, I nearly walloped her with the brush head.

Don’t understand why the parents didn’t take her in!

I also had a guy say:

‘oi, what do you think your doing?’ (Aggressive tone)

to me as I was walking round the house to unlock the gate. I wasn’t holding the pole so he thought I was a burglar!

Turns out I’ve never met him before, only his wife, so he has no idea who I was 😂

Strange time’s ay’!

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 08:37:40 am »
I'm gonna skip a couple of jobs today due to them being really frail elderly customers....I will ask the neighbours how they are though....

I have a large percentage of comfortable retired and middle aged customers so the kids in the garden isn't much of a problem.....the 2 yummy mummies yesterday just made sure their kids were inside when I cleaned the backs.

The thing is you just cant second guess customers attitudes.....take each job as it comes.....
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2020, 08:57:18 am »
It's not my cup of tea at all to be chatting to everyone. I'm the type to turn up and post a note. I get deflated when I see a car on the drive anyway but now there's usually 2 and all the curtains are shut.

Then everyone's sat in the house staring at me and I can't wait to get out of there, so uncomfortable.

Well off to work I go, can't wait to finish for the bank holiday, not that I've got anything to do  :D

deeege

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2020, 09:01:50 am »

Well off to work I go, can't wait to finish for the bank holiday, not that I've got anything to do  :D

And that’s just reminded me, I’ve a fascia/soffit clean booked in for tomorrow, totally forgot it was Good Friday with every day being the same at the moment. Great. 😂😂
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."