daniel b

new van
« on: September 20, 2016, 04:49:07 pm »
Been offered a new 16 plate vauxhall movano , price is £12,495 on finance total payable is £14,627.

Seems like a cracking deal van has sat nav, parking sensors, bluetooth etc. im just trying to get free ply lining out of them aswell  ;)

Before i bite the bullet and go for it, My question is are movanos good vans and do you think its a good deal i think yes but im useless with finance.
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

Dave Willis

Re: new van
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 05:37:39 pm »
Any VAT to pay on that?

daniel b

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 05:57:51 pm »
yes sorry £12,495+vat, im vat registered .
NFMWGC NO.9442,

STEVE-UK

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 06:18:24 pm »
Im Looking at new vans at the mo, thats seems about right  for a pre registered van,

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201607025487890?make=vauxhall&model=movano&supplied-price-from=500&maximum-age=up_to_1_year_old&maximum-mileage=up_to_100_miles&search-target=usedvans&postcode=bn107sx&sort=suppliedpriceasc&searchcontext=default&radius=1500&page=1&logcode=p&adPos=1

Renault offer a 4 year guarantee where Vauxhall and Nissan only offer 3 year. Ive decided to go for a Renault for the extra years warranty and piece of mind, The Movano is the same as the Renault Master

KS Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 06:20:09 pm »
That's a lot of interest to be paying, if you can, take the loan over a shorter period, you will pay less interest this way

Don Kee

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 06:25:53 pm »
Its a good deal, but try looking out for other Euro 5 deals just incase you find another

I believe they all had to be registered before september due to the new Euro 6 and so there might be a few deals to be had for pre-registered Euro 5's

SeanK

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 06:32:54 pm »
If you have a good credit rating then that's not a great finance deal, try Tesco bank, if you have a club card then to
borrow £12500 you repay £13345 at 3.3% over 4 years

daniel b

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 06:40:16 pm »
Im Looking at new vans at the mo, thats seems about right  for a pre registered van,

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201607025487890?make=vauxhall&model=movano&supplied-price-from=500&maximum-age=up_to_1_year_old&maximum-mileage=up_to_100_miles&search-target=usedvans&postcode=bn107sx&sort=suppliedpriceasc&searchcontext=default&radius=1500&page=1&logcode=p&adPos=1

Thats who im dealing with pentagon, the van i wont is the same but think it has few more extras satnav and a couple other things, they wont put ply lining in it though, the dealer reckons they are making a loss already with the deal they are giving me lol he must think i was born yesterday.

Renault offer a 4 year guarantee where Vauxhall and Nissan only offer 3 year. Ive decided to go for a Renault for the extra years warranty and piece of mind, The Movano is the same as the Renault Master
NFMWGC NO.9442,

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 06:46:13 pm »
Its a good deal, but try looking out for other Euro 5 deals just incase you find another

I believe they all had to be registered before september due to the new Euro 6 and so there might be a few deals to be had for pre-registered Euro 5's

Euro 6 for vans under 3.5t came into effect last year Don   (September 2015).  :)
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 07:08:27 pm »

Thats who im dealing with pentagon, the van i wont is the same but think it has few more extras satnav and a couple other things, they wont put ply lining in it though, the dealer reckons they are making a loss already with the deal they are giving me lol he must think i was born yesterday.

They could very well be selling it at a loss Daniel b.
But they will be making a bit of commission on the finance deal as a kick back for using that finance house. You don't say what deposit they require and finance period is, but the interest rate is on the high side, so the dealer isn't that desperate to achieve target. You need to find another dealer who is more desperate.

The commercial van dealers rely on the bonuses that come from reaching and exceeding preset targets each year. Reaching target means big bucks, so selling a few vans at a loss to get registrations to meet target makes sense. The bonus rewards far exceed the losses made.

If you don't make your target then you get nothing.

The same system applies to the leasing companies. All the manufacturers have reps who visit these finance houses regularly. Each year they discuss a bonus plan for sales above target which is based on the previous year's achievements. Most times the finance houses will concentrate on selling vehicles they stand to make the most money out of.
So this year they will focus sales on Fords, over achieve their targets and make big money. They will hardly sell any Vauxhalls. The following year Ford will up their target by say 10%. The finance house will then stick to selling Vauxhalls as their target, based on the previous years sales achievement will easy to meet and make them big bonuses. The following year they will switch back to Ford.

VW refused to play this game and lost out in sales of Crafter vans over a 5 year period as a result. (The Germans don't like to play these games as they believe discounting cheapens their image.)

daniel b

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 07:24:16 pm »
I think you might be right actually Spruce as i have tried to get a few things out of them like asking him to lower the end price and ply lining etc but he isnt having any of it even if i threaten to pull out of the deal, like 3 times i have tried and hes come back to me saying there is nothing more they can do the price is rock bottom and there finance commission is 2.99% and they are making no money on it.

I managed to get free delivery which i suspect they will do for every van  :)
NFMWGC NO.9442,

Don Kee

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 07:52:59 pm »

Euro 6 for vans under 3.5t came into effect last year Don   (September 2015).  :)

Odd, because the ford euro 6 only came into effect on the first of this month
In fact I bought a euro 5 (wasn't registered, and no adblue) about 2months ago...

I actually went out my way to buy the euro 5 before the date as the euro 6 is an (as of yet) unproven engine...

Edit - i should say no visable refillable adblue tank unlike the new fords which have a filler nozzle next to the diesel filler cap

Shrek

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 08:27:59 pm »

But they will be making a bit of commission on the finance deal as a kick back for using that finance house. You don't say what deposit they require and finance period is, but the interest rate is on the high side, so the dealer isn't that desperate to achieve target. You need to find another dealer who is more desperate.

The commercial van dealers rely on the bonuses that come from reaching and exceeding preset targets each year. Reaching target means big bucks, so selling a few vans at a loss to get registrations to meet target makes sense. The bonus rewards far exceed the losses made.

The same system applies to the leasing companies. All the manufacturers have reps who visit these finance houses regularly. Each year they discuss a bonus plan for sales above target which is based on the previous year's achievements. Most times the finance houses will concentrate on selling vehicles they stand to make the most money out of.
So this year they will focus sales on Fords, over achieve their targets and make big money. They will hardly sell any Vauxhalls. The following year Ford will up their target by say 10%. The finance house will then stick to selling Vauxhalls as their target, based on the previous years sales achievement will easy to meet and make them big bonuses. The following year they will switch back to Ford.

VW refused to play this game and lost out in sales of Crafter vans over a 5 year period as a result. (The Germans don't like to play these games as they believe discounting cheapens their image.)

The thing is , spruce is right  ;D

Spruce

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 08:28:46 pm »

In fact I bought a euro 5 (wasn't registered, and no adblue) about 2months ago...

I actually went out my way to buy the euro 5 before the date as the euro 6 is an (as of yet) unproven engine...

Edit - i should say no visable refillable adblue tank unlike the new fords which have a filler nozzle next to the diesel filler cap

If the van had been preregistered then they could still have had old stock. What is the registration numbers Don ie 15, 65, 16 or 66?

Spruce

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 08:29:11 pm »

The thing is , spruce is right  ;D

;D

Don Kee

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2016, 08:50:47 pm »

If the van had been preregistered then they could still have had old stock. What is the registration numbers Don ie 15, 65, 16 or 66?

16 plate, it hadn't been registered before I bought it (confirmed by my insurance as it wasn't on the database when I rang to insure it 4 days before it arrived)

We maybe getting wires crossed here...I'm talking about the registration dates for the euro 5 not build date (the build date was Feb, confirmed from ETIS)...
I'm pretty sure (and so are 99.99999% of the members on the transit forum I'm on) that they all had to be registered before sept 16, and thereafter sold as pre registered stock

As I understood it, the euro 6 for light cargo's and DCiv's had to be 'approved by sept 15, and then sold by sept 16; Cars were a year ahead...?

Spruce

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2016, 09:17:55 pm »

I've dug into this a little deeper.

http://www.theicct.org/sites/default/files/publications/ICCT_EuroVI_briefing_20150304.pdf

Here's a footnote in the document
Euro 6 will come into effect for new type approvals in September 2015, and apply to all new registrations in September 2016.

Vehicle Type Approval is the confirmation that production samples of a design will meet specified performance standards.

In the document they say Euro 6 was compulsory for all diesel and petrol engines from Sept 2015, and then this footnote says something different. 

It appears that Ford/PSA have now recently replaced the 2.2 TDCI with the 2.0 Eco Blue which will also have the additional Adblue system. (When Euro 6 was in its early discussion stages about 12 years ago, I remember PSA telling us that the only real solution to meeting Euro 6 was Adblue - it was called Urea back then.)

So Don it looks like you are right and Sept 2015 is the date of type approval and 2016 is the date of full introduction even although Wikipedia says differently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_emission_standards

It doesn't say anything about type approval

Not always right Shrek  ;D
-

Don Kee

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 09:40:51 pm »
In fairness mate, I believe it has been compulsory for cars since sept 15 so you were right as well  :)

I also think they modded the Euro 5 to make it compliant for the last year or so (due to London emission rules)

Ruddy wagons...I might go back to my Mark 6...purely mechanical, and it didn't care whether it farted soot or not...miss that van  :'(

Spruce

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 07:19:54 pm »
In fairness mate, I believe it has been compulsory for cars since sept 15 so you were right as well  :)

I also think they modded the Euro 5 to make it compliant for the last year or so (due to London emission rules)

Ruddy wagons...I might go back to my Mark 6...purely mechanical, and it didn't care whether it farted soot or not...miss that van  :'(

I seem to recall a whole lot of old diesel vans being sold on ebay because the London Emission charges meant that owners living with the zone could easily be bankrupted by them.

There was one example of a tradesman would parked his van outside the zone and got public transport the rest of the way home. If they start the same in Birmingham and Leeds, where will it end? We may well get away with a non dpf filtered exhaust in our rural area but if Middlesbrough introduce this charge as well, then it will effect us.