telboy

drought order
« on: May 17, 2006, 03:11:42 pm »
Taken from another forum
(you may have seen it already

After us all having a frantic day today speaking and e mailing water boards,defra etc we have at last got some excellent news. Sutton and East Surrey have agreed that we can use there water in our tanks and use water fed poles as long as it is connected to a van or trolley (ie not the mains) This is a major achievement for all those that have given there time to place pressure on those who count and i would like to thank all those individuels. Keep an eye on the fwc website where you will get up to date information www.f-w-c.co.uk  (Its not on there just yet as i have only a short time ago recieved the e mail)   

Important

Please Please can window cleaners working in the drought hit area's clean downstairs windows by traditional means as we need to meet the water boards half way on this one.

Steve

Here is the e mail :

Dear Mr Lowe 

I would further clarify that the Company has modified the terms of the Drought Order that will apply from 27 May 2006 onwards, such that water can be taken from the Company’s network for the purpose of cleaning windows with hoses, as long as it is first passed through a tank (such as for the pole fed systems) and is not directly connected to the mains network. 

This amendment has been made in order to mitigate the impact on those who have invested in pole fed systems as discussed at the public hearing. 

We would note that if the situation worsens, these terms may be amended again to expressly match those included in the Order granted by the Government.

Please contact myself or any member of the customer services team if you would like any further information.

Kind regards

Jeremy Downer

==================

Jeremy Downer

Distribution Manager

Sutton and East Surrey Water plc

Switchboard: 01737-772000

Fax: 01737-766807

====================

Telboy  ;)

andrewwebb1

Re: drought order
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 05:24:23 pm »
Hope this means that the other water authorities follow suit and allow us all to continue to work.
I am in the Mid Kent Water catchment and does anyone have any ideas whether we now have any reason to worry.

Andrew...

JohnL

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 06:03:24 pm »
That is excellent news.   :)

Can I say very well done to all those who must have worked hard and put time in to achieve such a good result.

Lets hope sense prevails and is a precedence for other districts as well.

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 06:15:44 pm »
that is great news,thames water are releasing a statement on friday about whether they are going to put in for a drought order.
malcolm

Johnboyfree

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 12:22:32 am »
Thats Very Good News...just hope that Southern Water do the same .....