chris@c.m.s

WFP So Far
« on: May 13, 2006, 11:04:31 pm »
Over the last couple of days I joined the WFP ranks and what I have found so far is for first cleans forget it, it doesnt touch bird poo, Maybe when it hasnt had years of drying then it might remove it, Traditional I like to scan the windows on the way down the ladder I hate the fact that you have to chance the customer is happy because you cant see from below. I do know WFP works I do my own windows with it and they are better than I can do traditional but its not the answer to all situations though, I invested and recieved two items this week my 8ft pointer and my ro system I love me pointer must get a double next time.     
Sussex by the sea

gaza

Re: WFP So Far
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 11:11:39 pm »
WHAT! Doesnt touch bird muck? your suppose to punp water up it as well you know ;)

I can assure you it does,  just soak the dry stuff ,leave soaking ,then return to wash it .

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Morph

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 11:25:34 pm »
I can't be bothered 8)

brett walker

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 11:48:51 pm »
Bird muck touchy subject that one it was mentioned on a certain tv programme, enough said about that. :-X

Personally ive had no trouble getting it off or had any complaints as yet because you are not face on it can be a bit worrying that you have removed it properly.

Brett

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 11:49:18 pm »
Thanks gazza but just how long does it take to soak, first cleans wouldnt it make sence to do traditional if heavily soiled then try wfp? Pj I've taken in a lot of what is said on this forum, as a newbie in the wfp ranks I thank you for your help.  
Sussex by the sea

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 12:01:14 am »
Brett its worrying to say the least I did a first clean today scrubbed all windows at least twice and payed special attention to bird poo, I then got the ladders off checked the windows and they still required doing traditional to get up to standard.
Sussex by the sea

brett walker

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 12:05:48 am »
Chris

are these cleans new customers that havent been done for a while? if youve been doing them trad on a regular basis there should be no problem the only problem you should have is checking for spots. 

Brett

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 12:15:13 am »
Yes Brett as I mentioned in my opening post it was first cleans and they had years of dried in muck Wfp can clean windows better than traditional but as has been said before forget  trying to remove years old and impacted soilage.   
Sussex by the sea

brett walker

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 12:20:19 am »
chris

if it makes you feel more confident clean them trad first and wipe the frames this will make it easier when it comes to wfp, thats the way id do it but some of the guys on here may have a better solution

cheers

Brett

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 12:42:16 am »
Thanks Brett thats what even in these early stages I've taken to doing, After spendng money on WFP I will try to put across a
honest  point of view, at the moment I think wfp can clean windows better than traditional but its not the answer to all  situations.
Sussex by the sea

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 09:42:46 am »
1st cleans - wfp:-

Builders clean - gotta get up there to remove cement, sealant etc. If you don't want to use a ladder (and many sites won't let you) then its tower scaffold or cherry picker. (horrid job - I don't do 'em - but if I had staff ;D I'd pay 'em to do it if the money is right!)

1st cleans on previously cleaned windows that haven't been done for (say) a year or more - can be done with a pole. You need to charge loads more and take your time. Really stubborn birds muck you can soak and if necessary remove by attaching a plastic washing up pad thingy on a pole attachment and scrubbing it. Spiders nests are a pain too and need firm sustained scrubbing.

Do the ground floor with GG4 and applicator/squeegy.

Don't laugh - but for higher windows I've checked them over with a pair of binoculars! (Oi! Wot U up to U perv? - Sorry officer I'm just the window cleaner, honest!) Up periscope!
It's a game of three halves!

Morph

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 10:03:00 am »
Thanks gazza but just how long does it take to soak, first cleans wouldnt it make sence to do traditional if heavily soiled then try wfp? Pj I've taken in a lot of what is said on this forum, as a newbie in the wfp ranks I thank you for your help. 

You're welcome mate ;D

To be honest I couldn't really make out what you were trying to say.
As someone on the forum once told me, "Make your questions/points bite size".

So, WFP removes birds soilage, whether it is instant or encrusted.  Just take your time with it.  If it is hard-baked on the glass, soak it and go back to it after doing a couple more windows.  I haven't found any I couldn't remove yet.

Besides, if you put a search on birds muck, you will read all the same stuff.
There is only so much that can be said about removing it from glass!
Squirt water at it, agitate brush on it, rinse.  If it's still there, repeat.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 01:40:56 pm »
Hmmm maybe I didnt leave it to soak long enough, I still had to get the scraper out when I did it off the ladder I think I'll just get the ladder out for first cleans it seems so much easier unless its a dangerous window of course, I do like malc's idea of the cloth on the pole though, thanks  guys. 
Sussex by the sea

Paul Coleman

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2006, 01:49:38 pm »
chris

if it makes you feel more confident clean them trad first and wipe the frames this will make it easier when it comes to wfp, thats the way id do it but some of the guys on here may have a better solution

cheers

Brett

Although I have WFP, I sometimes do the first clean the traditional way if they're in a big mess.  I tend to do this a fair bit when their are vents above the window too or if it looks difficult scrubbing the top of the frame without catching the brickwork.  I did a first clean once  via a squeegee with loads of birds' muck on it.  When I checked more closely, I found that there was still a faint imprint of the muck in places.  Maybe it would have gone if I'd been more persisent with the WFP - maybe not.  So, if it's a job I feel safe with and it's really grimey, I use trad for the first time and I wipe the frames too - especially above the frames.

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2006, 02:32:04 pm »
I would usually clean by hand first time then you know the next time you'll easily clean it by pole depends on the house everyone's different . though i do like to leave a new clean perfect first time . makes a good impression. ;D

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2006, 06:05:40 pm »
i use it all the time on birdies, works okay for me?
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

matt

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2006, 06:07:46 pm »
first cleans i do the job twice, i price it up, add 50% for first clean and clean them TWICE with WFP

if you have stuborn bird mess, i use a unger scraper on the end of my pole

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2006, 09:54:51 pm »
if its a new account , look at the glass first , if you see any poop soak it and when you get back round it just falls off , i have never had a prob with poop !

Rich   P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

craig jwc

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2006, 09:58:11 pm »
Like others have said just give it a soak then go back to it.

Some is harder to get off than others but just soak and scrub and it will come off.

Craig

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2006, 10:50:59 pm »
Hi all,

I have been WFP now for about 6 weeks.  I have been round all of my customers once and am about half way round on second cleans.

My opinon is:

WFP is not a supersonic wiz of a tool!!  It IS better than traditional BUT NOT on all jobs.  It takes hard work and persiverence to MAKE WFP work.  I am begining to realise WFP's limitations and advantages.

Advantages

1. Quicker
2. Easier
3. More Thourough
4. Can reach many windows I could not do before

Limitations

1. Not good on old "powdery" Paintwork
2. A nightmare on greasy (Tree sap!!) windows
3. That bird poo where the birds have eaten nuts and superglue will not shift.
4. You still need the ladder for flat roofs!

I am now earning 20% more each day and 50% more on my hourly rate!than I was Traditionaly.  This month I will finish my round by Bank Holiday, leaving me almost a week spare (May is a 5 week month).
99% of my customers are fine with WFP, some possitivley prefer it.  I only lost 2 customers, 1 because of powdery paintwork and the other didn't like windows being left wet!  I have gained 6 or 7 new customers!  I also heard, from a gossip!, that the word in the town was that I had a good new tool for window cleaning.

Overall I an very pleased I went over to WFP.  I can honestly say It is one of the best things I have done in my business!

David Salkeld
Not Perfect - But Honest