wightsurf

Parking restrictions ???
« on: May 13, 2006, 04:31:46 pm »
Does anyone here know what the rules are with parking on double yellows and so on ? I have been told as i'm unloading water  ;D i can park on them . Any idea would be nice

regards

martin

JohnL

Re: Parking restrictions ???
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 04:36:15 pm »
and once you have finished unloading you have to move on  :(

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

wightsurf

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 04:48:42 pm »
yep once cleaned all the windows with WFP put the pole and reeled in the hose i move on ,so can this be done or not .Without getting a ticket ::)

abacus

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 05:34:31 pm »
 Hi
Its woth checking out the bylaws we have one that allows window cleaners and chimney sweeps to park on yellow lines as long as the van or car is clearly marked and or has roof rack
so even a note on the dash is ok as long as you have a roof rack
I have never taken advantage and parked in the middle of brighton to go to shopping!!!!
regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

JohnL

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 11:03:36 pm »
In my area my statement '' and once you have finished unloading you have to move on '' means you unload not unload and then work!

other areas must be different after reading their posts

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

gaza

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 11:29:28 pm »
IN IRELAND THEY HAVE THREE YELLOW LINES ???
FOR NO PARKING AT ALL,AT ALL,AT ALL ;D

[SORRY TO OUR IRISH READERS] NO OFFENCE MEANT JUST COULDNT RESIST THAT ONE

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

wightsurf

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 12:27:42 pm »
what i'm not sure about is if you use a WFP and out of a van ,as you have to stop on the double yellows and you are unload water onto windows to be cleaned would or would'nt you get a ticket ?
I know of other companys that use the load and unload law ,but there is more to the load and unload law in high ways .Thats the yellow mark on the curb which means restrictions on this .
I'm sure we would be with in our rights to use the unload law in highways .
If i have got this all wrong let me know but ihave ask a driving instructor who seems to think i'm right.

Martin

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 01:35:24 pm »
Hi
Its woth checking out the bylaws we have one that allows window cleaners and chimney sweeps to park on yellow lines as long as the van or car is clearly marked and or has roof rack
so even a note on the dash is ok as long as you have a roof rack
I have never taken advantage and parked in the middle of brighton to go to shopping!!!!
regards grant

The bit about the roof rack is interesting now that some window cleaners don't use ladders.  I asked a traffic warden about this around where I live a while back (I live in a resident only parking area).  He stated that a note in the windscreen would be fine and to work not too far from the vehicle.  I pointed out to him that many window cleaners with compact rounds could be  starting at the other end of the street and gradually work their way back to their vehicles to save keep moving it (I worked via ladder and bucket then).  Obviously this wouyldn't affect me in that parking zone as I live there and have a permit but it would affect me elsewhere in town.
The warden didn't have an answer.

wightsurf

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 04:09:12 pm »
does anyone know anymore about this then can or can't we park on the yellows ??? ??? ???
I think someone must have some info here  ::)

martin