Richy L

Losing customers because of WFP!
« on: May 11, 2006, 06:55:39 pm »
in the last two days i have been using WFP, and rinsing a plenty!i have been using it for about 5 days now.
But i have lost two customers in just two days. Two good earners as well. They are telling me the windows arent clean. That there are marks all over the windows.
Why is this happening??! >:( :(

Re: Losing customers because of WFP!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 06:59:25 pm »
Are these first cleans (first cleans WFP)?

And was the sun on the windows when you cleaned them, ie was it hot?

Richy L

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 07:02:46 pm »
yeah some of them had sun on the windows, but like i said, i was rinsing a lot, so the dirt wasnt drying on them. i was cleaning one at a time and rinsing immediatly after.
And yes they were first cleans. i told her occasionally you have marks after first time cleans ... extracting dirt ....   old soap left on windows. But she said she was very unhappy, and she wants to leave them from now on!

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 07:08:52 pm »
When you say these are 1st cleans do you mean 1st time with WP or the first time you have done them with WFP?

Andrew

Richy L

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 07:11:23 pm »
It is the first time i have done them with WFP. They were already customers when doing it trad. Shes a really nice lady, you know they type, asks you if you want a drink when its hot/cold.

gaza

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 07:16:02 pm »
Dont worry you will get more back,when the village gossip gets going,do you know our w/c uses a stick thingy and pure water and they come up magic and stay cleaner and brighter .Oh yeah our w/c doesnt do the bathroom window skips a few and doesnt wipee the sills
sure he worked on a boat etc.

OUR W/C COMES SMART,IN A NICE VAN WITH LOADS OF NEW EQUIPMENT,ITS A PLEASURE TO PAY A PROFFESSIONAL W/C WHO SAYS,AND DOES WHAT HE SAYS HE CAN DO.Our conservatory roof has never been cleaned since we had it fitted and he only charged us £25 to bring it up like new, A few of those why worry about losing a few?
I DONT EVEN BOTHER TELLING THEM ANYTHING ABOUT WFP ,JUST DO IT,AND SCARPER,NOT HAD A COMPLAINT FROM THE ROUGH ESTATE IVE JUST CHANGED OVER TO WFP.
        Giving them a leaflet would be a waste of time. cos half the drongos carnt read or write ;D ;D ;D ;D

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 07:19:14 pm »
I've had a few problems today too.

I remember an old post of Graham Goulds (remember him) saying that when Summer comes, then there'll be problems [with WFP].

I've read a few posts guessing that because the dirt on the windows is so dry, it's harder for the pure water to absorb it.

But I'm unsure about that.

I think that hot windows warm the pure water up.

Pure water is a good solvent, and the warmer it is, the better solvent it becomes.

Dirt that the pure water wouldn't normally absorb; tucked away in nooks and cranies; gets absorbed and deposited on the glass.

It could come from a drip of water that dripped after you rinsed the glass?

This is my first Summer using a WFP, so I too hope there's some good advice to follow.

tomo

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 07:20:11 pm »
richey make sure the top frames are given loads of attention this is the main cause of problems  in my short experience. if you look at the glass when you check them you will be able to identify the problem e.g if there are runs from the top of glass you haven't allowed enough time for frame to stop bleeding dirty water. spotty marks could mean like you said old soap so rinse loads or a contaminated brush....

it has to be process of elimination. but i spoke to a window cleaner this week who is ultra fast and he could not stress enough about the first clean "gettin the frames right" then your on a flyer. Hope you get it sorted,  it is time consuming in the first cleans but now i am really flying it is worth the time and the effort.

Tosh also has been a good "shrink" for me when i had bad days with wfp  and helped me to laugh about  it dont worry mate, all's not lost ;) its a challenge to take on go for it

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 07:37:09 pm »

NOT HAD A COMPLAINT FROM THE ROUGH ESTATE IVE JUST CHANGED OVER TO WFP.

You're not going to get a problem in rough estates, they couldn't care less half of them, and they're easy to impress.

It's the classy ones who are fussy.
Some crappy areas I used to work in mentioned Wfp and seemed interested :),
but the nice places I mostly work in criticise it no end.... :(

If I got wfp I'd have to lose about half my nice customers. :-\

Richy L

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 07:38:01 pm »
like i said, she was a nice cunstomer to have, but she was quite rude on the phone. I was goin go to suggest i would give them another go tomorrow(obviously free of charge) but she was so determined to get rid of me i didnt bother asking her. She said doing it trad was great, never had a complaint to be made.
When i checked some of the other windows i cleaned today they were spottless! I was very impressed!(even if i do say so myself). It just seems to be that one today. I changed my resin over thismorning too, and the tds meter showed 000.

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 07:41:24 pm »
Leekson's, on first cleans, especially when you first start with WFP, it's better to go over-the-top; than to be economical with your calories and your water.

But I agree, yesturday and today, with the hot sunshine, I did have a few problem windows.

Most came up great (I think), but one or two were awful.

So I avoided the frames where I could this afternoon, and spent a little bit of extra time on any transome bar (I think that's what they're called; the bit of the frame between panes of glass that your water runs over).

Hopefully a more experienced WFP user will give a bit of guidance.

PS.

Squeaky, I'd be gratefull if you'd not turn this thread into a WFP versus ladders thread.  I'm posting as a member, not a mod, who'd like some genuine advice.

Thanks mate.

I'll buy you breakfast on Tuesday!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 07:45:45 pm »
Squeaky, I'd be gratefull if you'd not turn this thread into a WFP versus ladders thread.  I'm posting as a member, not a mod, who'd like some genuine advice.
Absolutely no intention of doing so mate.

Just pointing out that the richer the customer, generally the fussier they'll be.
I've never had problems in crap areas.

supernova77

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 08:00:30 pm »
Leeksons,

Have you actually been back to look at the windows for yourself, or just taken the customers word for it? If I were you I would go and check, it could be that they have only a few spots which is usual on first cleans with WFP. Or, they might just not like the idea of WFP are are making excuses?

Andy

Richy L

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 08:02:32 pm »
i had the phone call while on this forum tonight. So i posted it straight away, so no, i havnt seen it yet. Im still working in the street tomorrow, so i'll call back.

supernova77

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 08:09:07 pm »
Cool - Let us know what they are really like  ;)

I had a customer once... I promised I would clean the frames and sills for her on the first cleans and then wipe them down on every visit. Went and did the job - she was out - cleaned everything well... Next day I get a phone call saying that NONE of the frames and sills were cleaned?!?!?!?

So... I go round there - Their dog had been in and out of the patio doors leaving muddy foot prints on the patio door sill - That was the only sill that was dirty and all because of her stupid dog since I had cleaned them! All other frames and sills were spotless.

I'm just saying that some customers will exaggerate. I actually dropped her because I thought that if shes that picky and fussy then shes not worth having!

Andy

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 08:10:29 pm »
This subject has actually been covered recently.

I missed this one:

It's here:

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=19728.0

I also agree with Southern Cleaning Services.

I've received at least two complaints that weren't valid ones, as the marks were on the INSIDE of the windows (actually, one was 'inbetween' the panes of glass; marks due to seals that had gone and moisture that'd crept between the double-glazing).

I would just turn up unannounced and check the windows using your ladders.

Rectify any problems with a squeegie.

tomo

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 08:18:43 pm »
Tosh , you old cow boy. Don't go up the ladder and inspect your work closely or you will really panic ;D. on a serious note on occasion i have done this and what looks spotty from the ground is actually on the inside of customers windows :o.

on the whole wfp does do a good job i haven't posted much about it because i didn't want to preach wfp to the masses until i gave it a fair crack of the whip. In this hot weather though don't be economical with your water i used 200 ltrs today tops only and higher flow rate does make you quicker and leaves a spotless finish.

pjulk

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 08:28:46 pm »
Leeksons said -
i told her occasionally you have marks after first time cleans ... extracting dirt ....   old soap left on windows

That could be your problem you told them there could be marks after the first clean.
I used to do this and im sure some went round to find them.
One even said i left a mark on her patio door downstairs from wfp. And i cleaned that traditional.

Now i don't say anything only that there window will be left wet but they will dry clear and don't get any problems any more.

Paul

simbo

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 08:29:50 pm »
gaza excellent reply, i have not said anything to customer other than oh today i am giving windows and frames a premier clean and hey presto no complaints, cos they feel special and then i say about the odd spot or run. Today though did a second wf clean on a house that had not been cleaned for about 2 years, last time water running off frames was like milk, absolutly terrible and even today a couple were the same, this is the first house this has happened on whent back later and had a few runs so just sprayed and wiped off.
sometimes wf is a pane cheers simbo

Richy L

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 08:33:12 pm »
i didnt tell her about the possible spots or runs until she had complained.
I know what you mean, if people are looking for problems, they will always find something to moan about