wightsurf

Spider nest in corner window frame
« on: May 09, 2006, 06:46:18 pm »
Is it just me or is there a nack to getting these web/nest out of the corner of the frame . I get them realy wet the try all different angles with the WFP and still there seems to be a bit left right in the coner ??? , Just where the glass meets the frame any ideas please.

Martin

Paul Coleman

Re: Spider nest in corner window frame
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 06:52:29 pm »
Is it just me or is there a nack to getting these web/nest out of the corner of the frame . I get them realy wet the try all different angles with the WFP and still there seems to be a bit left right in the coner ??? , Just where the glass meets the frame any ideas please.

Martin

Yes they can be a bugger can't they.  Lots of soaking and persistence and/or squirting the jet directly at them on highest poressure seems to work usually but not always.
Don't watch the film "Arachnophobia" afterwards though or you'll have nightmares.

wightsurf

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 07:05:49 pm »
I sure so of these spiders BITE !!
In my local paper each year a story comes to light of a ONE OF spider that has had it's teeth into someones arm and left a bit of a bruse as well ??? ???

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 07:26:50 pm »
I sure so of these spiders BITE !!
In my local paper each year a story comes to light of a ONE OF spider that has had it's teeth into someones arm and left a bit of a bruse as well ??? ???

So re-incarnation is true then?  That one must have been my old grandmother.

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 09:59:27 pm »
What gets me are those spiders that drop down on a thread from the corner, leaving that little sac of eggs behind, and then get squeegied all over the window.

They always leave a smear.

Then you use the scrim to get the little sac thing out the corner of the window and you can't get it off the cloth so you flick it off and it sticks to your fingers.

Then when you get in the van you find it stuck to your jumper.

Don't know about wfp and getting rid of them, afterall, wfp removes everything off the window better than trad methods. When I use wfp I don't check anything as it works 100% perfect everytime.  ::)

Morph

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 10:02:54 pm »
Don't know about wfp and getting rid of them, afterall, wfp removes everything off the window better than trad methods. When I use wfp I don't check anything as it works 100% perfect everytime. ::)

Sarcasm is just another service we offer! :P