jeff1

Re: pilkington activ
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2006, 12:55:20 am »
Don't know if this is true, but i have heard that if you clean this pilkington glass, you can damage the film that covers it, and you have to get them to sign a disclaimer. reading all the threads I think its window cleaners 10 pilkington glass 0 well done to all you guy's who have gained customers with pilkington glass.

My motto is:- do a good job and your customer tell's very few people, But do a bad Job and they tell everyone, human nature, and i think those people with that glass will tell an awful lot of people so are jobs i think will be safe.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 06:09:44 am »
Was awarded a local College contract recently that had Self Cleaning Glass fitted, like everyone has said, the frames were terrible and the bird mess just sat there, so now I clean the whole building 4 times a year for a nice £400 a clean!

Cheers Pilkington - I owe ya a beer  ;D
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 08:19:34 am »
funny enough ;D I said this on radio some 3/4 years ago you will never get shot of wc plus theres nothing like your good old chat with them ;D pilkington :-\
more like plonkington ;D
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

ronniemc

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 02:53:19 pm »
Lost my first customer today through self-cleaning glass.

I had a good chat with them about it as I am genuinely interested in how things progress.

They have been promised by the glazing company that bird droppings will just disappear like magic overnight!!
Part of the sales pitch was phone your window cleaner now and cancel him.

I`ll keep an eye on how it goes.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2006, 04:10:48 pm »
If that was me I would ask who told her to cancel my services and get his details. I would then call him and explain if he continue in this manner you would right to his manager/boss and complain as it should be the customers choice not his say so. Also point out that should his boasts not come true you would contact your local paper and explain his quotes and mis-representation about his so called wonderful galss that so doesn't stay clean forever. Think that will shut him up!

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

KJG

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2006, 04:18:27 pm »

I had a good chat with them about it as I am genuinely interested in how things progress.

They have been promised by the glazing company that bird droppings will just disappear like magic overnight!!

What are you going to say to this gullable punter when he/her phones you to come back in a couple months? If you want to pass on their number, I've got some guaranteed magic beans I'd like to sell to them :)

carl stanton

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 05:34:15 pm »
here is a pdf link for activ glass, note the if it should need cleaning notes!!  sorry sorry when it needs cleaning!!
self cleaning yes yes mr plonkington!!  :P
http://www.pilkingtonselfcleaningglass.co.uk/HTML/supplier/InformationBooklet.pdf

;D   ;D   ;D   ;D    ;D     ;D     ;D    ;D

ronniemc

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2006, 06:15:00 pm »

What are you going to say to this gullable punter when he/her phones you to come back in a couple months? If you want to pass on their number, I've got some guaranteed magic beans I'd like to sell to them :)

She is a policewoman.
Maybe a job for the fraud squad ;)