L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

Spiders/Web Repellent Treatments
« on: May 08, 2006, 07:58:23 pm »
I know I`ve written about this before,but I just don`t sem to be able to get any
Further at all.With summer coming,as we all know,spiders,insects and bugs
Etc. of all kinds come with it,including their damn webs!!! New members are
Joining the group all the time etc.Does anyone know of a well,I guess it would
Be a spray repellent,to get rid of,and protect the surrounding glass area.I`ve
Noticed myself that buildings most vunerable are those that are near or adjacent
To rivers and streams.All help and advice much appreciated.

Lewis Doubtfire, Gleem Clean ( The Blade Runner )
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Ian_Giles

Re: Spiders/Web Repellent Treatments
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 08:24:58 pm »
I've wondered about that myself in the past, I suppose you could use some garden insectiside and paint or spray it up into the corners of the frames and reveals and along the top edges of the window frames...not sure if something like that would work or not ???

Up under those top edges it always stays dry doesn't it, so it may well give a little lasting protection.

But if you are a WFP user it wouldn't do any good, although to be honest I've found that once you have done the initial clean and got rid of the crap, by the time you get around the next month there is little to get off anyway.
I think that is another advantage of using WFP and washing the frames down thoroughly.
Can be a pain trad though.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Re: Spiders/Web Repellent Treatments
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 08:29:20 pm »
Here's a link I've found.

It basically says areas next to water attract airborne insects; therefore attract spiders.

It suggests some citrus type sprays to deter the spiders.

http://www.homestead.com/ipmofalaska/files/spidersnatural-dr_bronners.html

As Ian says, a WFP would be good for this type of work, since wet spider-web doesn't stick and they're easy to remove.