JohnL

Re: Working In The Rain?
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 08:12:18 pm »
Ah, a soul mate,  I run 2 cars, I've got Sky, - ah ,no Sky, Broadband, go out every weekend, golf every week, - but now only a glorious memory even if I did play 5 times a week in those days, spend hundreds on photography and computer games, ....etc...etc...

I knew you were a good man  ;D  ;D  ;D

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006, 08:14:09 pm »
Dave,

There is no way you can clean georgian windows or leaded windows in the rain, you have to buff dry with your scrim of microfibre and there is no way you can do this trad.
Even if you use a cut down squeegee for georgian work, you will still have to detail every pane and you just cannot keep your scrims or microfibre cloths dry long enough.
On standard casement windows you can get away with it to a degree, but detailing can still be a bit of a problem at times.

Where as with WFP none of the above apply ;)

But as I said, you just need to use a little common sense regardless of what method you use...

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

matt

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006, 08:14:57 pm »
i do WFP upstairs and trad down

I have tried many a time to do it in light drizzle, the result is allways the same

"your cleaning in the rain, they will be dirty again in a few hours, give mine a miss"

this happens ALL THE TIME

not that i care, when i was a carpenter, i used to sit in the van or in a house whist it rained, i NEVER WORKED in the rain, hell i was a highly skilled tradesman, i didnt need to work in the rain

same goes now, i dont want to get wet

allways something to do in the house

gsw

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2006, 08:16:21 pm »
All my bills are paid in the first two days.
Yes I have cheap rent, but I've got a child, I run 2 cars, I've got Sky, Broadband, go out every weekend, golf every week, spend hundreds on photography and computer games, ....etc...etc... :P

You should earn enough to cover yourself without worrying about wet days.
It just means you've got a bit less spending money.

Perhaps it's because I don't have your overheads. ;)

Rog.

mate i wish i had cheap rent but unfortunately i have a mortgage that would probably make you sick plus a family to support...i'm running a business and have every intention of making hay while the sun shines or if its p*$%ing down come to that!

but good luck to you, different opinions make the world tick i suppose.

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2006, 08:45:42 pm »
i do WFP upstairs and trad down

I have tried many a time to do it in light drizzle, the result is allways the same

"your cleaning in the rain, they will be dirty again in a few hours, give mine a miss"

this happens ALL THE TIME

not that i care, when i was a carpenter, i used to sit in the van or in a house whist it rained, i NEVER WORKED in the rain, hell i was a highly skilled tradesman, i didnt need to work in the rain

same goes now, i dont want to get wet

allways something to do in the house

This is probably why you cant get £150+ a day ;)

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2006, 10:04:26 pm »
Is that after theyve dumped you for anoyher wc? because they think your wasting your time and their money!

i cleaned a block of flats today in the rain for £315.00 and another block for £60.00 all in under three hours.Your saying you wouldnt go out and clean them.....yeah right

ronaldo

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2006, 10:15:20 pm »
Like i said easyclean round here they would just laugh at you.

So thats exactly what i,m saying
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2006, 10:19:39 pm »
Ian

I agree about georgeon and especially leaded,

It all depends on what level of rain is hitting the windows.

With trad i pre detail rather than detailing afterwards so that helps a bit ,sometimes the rain can help as a final rinse as a say to my customers.

Unless i am in the middle of a commercial run i normally go home if i think the rain is coming in for the day.

I only work 4 hours a day on average as does my staff so there is always plenty of time to make up the shortfall in the rest of the week.

You may think 4 hours is a short time but i work smart these days instead of concentrating on high volume and i am a lot better off for it.

Long hours just grind you down and i see my time more productive in finding ways to improve my hourly rate rather than chasing my tail all day.

Dave

ronaldo

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2006, 10:20:39 pm »
Like i said easyclean round here they would just laugh at you.

So thats exactly what i,m saying and as for £375.00 in under 3 hours i reckon its bullpoope like alot of the earnings that are talked about on here are if money was like that and it aint round here and ive been cleaning for over 10 years and have probably got one of the best runs in the area, every man and his dog would be doing it.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2006, 10:21:50 pm »
I think Easyclean is in a league of his own and i would not consider his earnings to be typical for anyone else

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2006, 10:50:01 pm »
Sounds like you've got a well sorted business there Dave. ;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2006, 10:54:08 pm »
Its the result of 8 years graft and 10 hour days in the early days.

I was amazed how much more money you can earn simply by keep getting rid of your worst 20% of work every year.

It realy does work.

Dave

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2006, 08:05:52 am »
cleaned windows for thirty years now cleaned windows in hail rain sleet snow blizzards u have got to make a living