Simon Carter

Birds muck etc.
« on: May 07, 2006, 06:28:56 pm »
Got a few guys who work for me. One had a good idea for getting off stubborn stuff that won't wash off easily. He's glued some of that green scouring pad that people use on pots & pans along the edge of his brush. Haven't got round to it myself yet, but he said it works fine.
Onwards and Upwards...

jeff1

Re: Birds muck etc.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 06:59:49 pm »
You can get the same item that is fitted to a handle like those paint pads,

But be careful they can scratch the glass if you keep rubbing to hard.

master cleaner

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 07:03:21 pm »
the green stuff scratches glass but the white doesnt

gary

Simon Carter

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 07:13:52 pm »
Maybe not the green stuff then. I must confirm what it is. Don't want a bunch of calls about scratched glass, but the idea is good as long as whatever is used is not too abrasive.
Onwards and Upwards...

batterbee

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 07:29:26 pm »
Hi Simon

You can get the white pads at www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?productID=220&sectionID=13 only £3.95 for a pack of 5.

You can also get a pad holder which goes onto a extension pole.

Hope this helps

John
JB CLEANING SERVICES, NORWICH, NORFOLK.

master cleaner

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 09:36:56 pm »
ive got to admit i have done all this sticking pads onto my brush and found that they come off after a couple of weeks and they didnt do that good a job anyway , also when the pad comes off it leaves the glue on the brush and if you forget and try to use the top of the brush to remove bird muck ,instant scratch.
what i have recently done is purchased one of gaz brushes the tuff brush which is made for upvc cleaning and conservatory roofs .
i have left the brush on and used it for normal window cleaning and really an impressed with the results it removes bird muck without a problem
so i now use the brush always , its a bit heavier than the normal brush but im not bothered as it can save me plenty of time with bird muck

gary

dai

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 09:58:22 am »
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=18448.0
Have a look at the above link, it has pics of an easy fit poo pad. It works quite well and does not scratch the glass. Dai