Water Tank
« on: May 07, 2006, 05:51:40 pm »
Hi i am looking to buy a water tank for van been using a trolley up till now want to fit a tank, worked out i can have up to 650 ltr tank fitted payload is 995kg.

Does anyone know of where is the best place to buy a tank? i have looked into custom tank of around 500ltr being made for around the £300 mark any ideas? ??? Also where is the best place to fit the tank in the van?

ronaldo

Re: Water Tank
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 06:05:16 pm »
Alright Cal,

Got mine from here 700ltr and it will fit lovely in your van cost about £200.00 quid.

WWW.QUEENSWOOD.CO.UK
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 06:13:52 pm »
what do you do about baffling? ??? As that must be ment to be static? it's £299

ronaldo

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 06:23:33 pm »
Got it of ebay thats why it was a bit cheaper!

The one we just put in my bro,s transit is off the same place aswell we fitted it up against the headboard inside a frame which we made and welded to the floor of the  van and used a 2 ton ratchett strap across the top.
He,s had no problems with it not being baffled.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 06:28:23 pm »
will be getting my 400ltr baffled tank from www.reachandclean.co.uk ,they also do the metal powder coated straps for securing, all at a good price

neil100

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 07:37:16 pm »
Do not place it over the rear axle, right at the back of the van. You may be under your legal gross weight limit. But you will break your rear axle weight limit.

You want it behind the front seats sitting in the center (WIDTH) of the van. here are a couple of pics on how my 800ltr tank was fitted.

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 08:06:16 pm »
the only problem i have with putting tank behind seats is my engine is under the seats. I order to get access to engine you have to lift seats backwards so its tricky as i would have to fit tank near the rear of the van!? ???

Do not place it over the rear axle, right at the back of the van. You may be under your legal gross weight limit. But you will break your rear axle weight limit.

You want it behind the front seats sitting in the center (WIDTH) of the van. here are a couple of pics on how my 800ltr tank was fitted.

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 08:15:41 pm »
Where did you get your tank from?

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 10:50:29 am »
Neil could you possibly tell me the size hose you have here as im wishing to change mine.Also may i ask why do you have two different size hose on each reel?

Thanks

neil100

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 08:36:48 pm »
Easyclean,

The hose is 100mtr M/bore from Gardiner.

The only reason there was an 1/2" hose on the other real was I wanted to try both hoses to see which I prefered. Facelift who fitted the system recommended the 1/2" hose, My own research favoured m/bore.

But I only started wfp in Jan this year. The 1/2" hose was replaced in Feb with more m/bore hose. If you are useing 1/2" hose switch to m/bore you wont regret it.Heres a pic of my other real.

neil100

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 08:53:12 pm »
Tartan. I had the tank installed by Facelift in Derbyshire, Heres their Email address.
http://www.faceliftcleaning.co.uk/gb/products.php

All I can say is they have done a fantastic job with it. I wanted a Black tank similer to tucker poles without the price tag. I nearly bought a system from skypole but they did not do it in a stainless steel frame. Skypole said they could do it in stainless steel but it would cost.

Sometimes facelift do a competive package on smaller tanks about 400ltr.

They fix them in the van correctly, Phill one of the partners is an enginer and a perfectionist to boot.They fix specially desgined clamps underneath the van that go round your vehicle chassis. So if you have a collision over 30mph you know that the tank is not just going to rip the plates through the van floor.
Heres a pic of the plate.

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 09:08:34 pm »
thanks for info ;D