Archy136

Flow control Valve
« on: May 07, 2006, 03:55:19 pm »
What do you think of where I have put my flow control valve?

Chris Cottrell

Re: Flow control Valve
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 03:59:12 pm »
LOL

;D hope you've got long arms when you come to use it  ;D

Chris

steve k

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 04:01:41 pm »
er..!!!  :o
pretty mad really...

you will have to bring the pole head down to ground level from whatever height you are working at, in order to turn the water off. Whilst doing this, you will be spraying water all over the place.
Put it at the bottom of the pole...extend pole to maximum length and fit it to the hose at the base of pole.
You then turn on and off when the brush head is at the window.

H h20

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 04:14:02 pm »
Hmmm,now is that the best place to put a control valve,the furthest away on your pole  :-\,do like Steve said,Gaz  ;)

Archy136

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 05:00:23 pm »
This is my second flow control valve. The first time I had it where Steve K suggested but it got smashed up and broken within a couple of weeks so I'm trying this. Its only a 16 foot pole for doing standard houses and when its extended doing all the tops you dont need to turn the flow off.

It will just be handy for when you've finished round the back you can turn it off when you walk around the front. I'll see how it goes.

matt

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 05:01:21 pm »
its ok if its just a valve to control the amount of flow to your brush head

neil100

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 07:25:57 pm »
Its a wind up surely.

I had a good laugh at it. You might as well not bother haveing one fitted.

My valves are fitted to my M/bore hose. I fit the hose through my belt so the valve is at the top of my right hip, Its handy for switching off/on  the water. which is surely the point in why you fit one.

I am not dragging the valve on the floor or having to bend down to switch it off. When I'm finished with the tops I just switch over to my mini pole.

I walk back to the van when the windows are finnished,wind the hose back in and just take the hose from my belt to finnish. Theirs no dropping the valve on the floor so I do not damage it.

Nel

gaza

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 06:26:17 pm »
GOD I HATE EFFICENT PEEPOLE ;D GOOD TIP NEIL ;D

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 07:10:14 pm »
I've seen a post of Jeff Brimble's set up and he's got one in the same place as Archy.

If it's at the base of the pole, it can drag on the ground and adjust itself as you drag it around.

I've not tried having it on the hip though.

I did have one at the top of my pole in the same place as Archy and sacked it after my pole was dropped and broke the flow control valve.

matt

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 07:20:34 pm »
as i said, its ok to adjust the FLOW

just not turn it on and off

neil100

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 09:00:24 pm »
I just use mine to switch water on and off, The flow rate is spot on.

Nel.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 06:22:18 am »
As a control or as an on/off you would have to make sure of using a by pass or variflow. I think its a good place for one, I also have on at the pump end and use the two together to ration out the water or to blast it. If you have a belt tap I found it helps to have somewhere to loop/coil all the excess needed for when you use a 60fter.

neil100

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 07:57:39 am »
Jeff,

I dont have a bypass or variflow.

My system is simple turn valve tap on when ready to clean window, pump starts to pump water to brush, turn tap off when window finished pump stops. SIMPLE.

I have a separate pump for each hose, the flow rate is just spot on so I dont need a varistream to control the water supply to the brush.

Nel.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 08:09:38 am »
That's because you use microbore neil100. Simple flow control and less to go wrong.

I notice that you now have Salmon brushes on your set-ups, we have got an even lighter brush coming out (about 35% lighter than the salmon ones), I will post when it is ready for purchasing.

Alex

Archy136

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 08:35:36 am »
I wont be using the FCV to adjust the flow. I ve got something similar to Varistream in my van for that.

Just to turn it on and off. Will see if it is any use today for the first time.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 01:21:32 pm »
Archy your "spot" on with one pump one hose ! Yes it is simple, presumably your "system" is always pressurised so the tap is used as a flow control or as an on/off valve. Although you have something else in the van I think you will be using the FCV a lot. Excellent.  :) I think you have got it right first time.

Archy136

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 09:05:20 pm »
Was pleased with it today. Cant use it when doing upstairs obviously but great to have the on\off valve for downstairs. I dont bother with using two poles, to much messing around in my opinion, just the same one(4x4) for up and down. Must be doing something right - started at 12 and made  £304.

simbo

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 10:08:06 pm »
When i just use the fcv on my gardener pole i noticed that the iner pole hose was swelling up due to pressure buildup so have just fitted a return valve, tried today and saved a whole lot of water just had to suss out how much to set for different heights as cuts pressure right down but so far so good
cheers simbo