steve k

what customers think...!!!
« on: May 07, 2006, 08:02:53 am »
have a look at this for a real laugh...!!! 

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=187076

mick hay

Re: what customers think...!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 08:18:00 am »
The lengths some ppl go to save money
Hope none of my customers dont read that!! I must one of the most expensive w/cleaners in the uk!!

Of the subject Steve, tried my conservatory ladder yesteray....great piece of kit!!  Was a bit unerving a couple of times though, the clip that holds the ladder to the suction cup came undone!!
  think i might see if i can get a bigger clip for it  :)

Morph

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 09:11:33 am »
Hope none of my customers read how cheap they can get them done!

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 09:19:31 am »
steve did you notice what they have said about liverpool window cleaners, are  they on the doe, are they paying tax ect, thats not money saving talk,   thats what gives liverpool folk a bad name and reputation, jouk45,

ronaldo

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 10:06:41 am »
Looking at the prices theyre being charged made me laugh Steve, i wouldnt even get out of bed for that.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

steve k

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 10:25:36 am »
Mick,
I have had the cup just come off the window...heart stopping.
Get the sprayer from B+Q, fill with TFR solution and spray the roof. Hose off or brush off with WFP pole/brush attached to garden tap...superb time saver.
Did one yesterday...£120...done and packed up in 3 hours. Cleaned the gutters with an electric Karcher power washer which did the job brilliantly and so quickly.

Jouk...it drives me mad...it happens all the time...look at squeakycleans last couple of posts (perception of window cleaners)...he probably thought it was tongue in cheek but... >:( >:(

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 10:38:40 am »
Yeah, because you've never made fun of the Welsh Steve? ::)

On the topic....an interesting read.
Either everyone lies on here about what they really charge, or yo're all a rip-off. ;D

steve k

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 01:15:27 pm »
I never have...!!
someone from Wales made a "joke" about car thieves from Liverpool as though it is a school taught subject up here and I posted a link to an article about car theft figures in Wales which highlighted that it is not a crime solely based in Liverpool.
Virtually EVERY mickey take of a Liverpool person is about THEFT...seriously insulting to the majority of people from Liverpool and surely easy to understand why it is offensive.

On the subject posted, how tight are these people?
One person seemed to be taken aback that the window cleaner earned more than them...SO WHAT!!
Are we not allowed to earn a good wage??
They were gutted that their window cleaner charged £1.50 BUT did more than 10 an hour...how low did they want him to charge??

saying that, they are all on a money saving forum...probably all have filthy windows and a garage full of extension poles with dodgy sponges stuck on the end!!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 01:38:44 pm »
I never have...!!
someone from Wales made a "joke" about car thieves from Liverpool as though it is a school taught subject up here and I posted a link to an article about car theft figures in Wales which highlighted that it is not a crime solely based in Liverpool.
Virtually EVERY mickey take of a Liverpool person is about THEFT...seriously insulting to the majority of people from Liverpool and surely easy to understand why it is offensive.

On the subject posted, how tight are these people?
One person seemed to be taken aback that the window cleaner earned more than them...SO WHAT!!
Are we not allowed to earn a good wage??
They were gutted that their window cleaner charged £1.50 BUT did more than 10 an hour...how low did they want him to charge??

saying that, they are all on a money saving forum...probably all have filthy windows and a garage full of extension poles with dodgy sponges stuck on the end!!

I posted a money saving tip on that same thread.  It was a money saving tip for window cleaners not to work for skinflints who undervalued what they do.  I was a bit more polite about it than that though  :)

jouk45

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 03:38:38 pm »
nice one shinner lol

stuart howes

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 07:05:39 pm »
are the people on this site that sad
that would be a long day to make any money :'(
ps what are you doing on that site   mr steve ps i save some money by hanging my old t bags on the line to dry you get loads more cups out of them     he he he ;D

dustycorner

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 07:12:58 pm »
Hi al,

Just read that post makes your blood boil, ignorant twats. Seems to me windows cleaners are easy targets. Amazes me how so many people trust builders for instance with large sums of their monies. yet anyone can set up a building firm. where are the checks and controls on them. Estate agents are just scallywags in suits, pes me off how the perception of a window cleaner is so low compared to other form of employments.

Cheers Mark.

steve k

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 01:27:56 am »
stuart,
I came across it doing a search on window cleaners in Liverpool on Google...second or third page I think?

Morph

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 09:07:43 am »
yep, we've all got them.
One of my customers the other day complained because I put her price up to £9 from £8.50.  Trad takes me 20 mins.  Grumbled something about not being able to afford them so regularly.
Later on told me she had just got back from having her back "done".  "Such a nice man, he's so gentle".  "Is it better?"  I asked, "well, he said it'll take a bit of time",
"but he doesn't rush, he's so patient, he gave me 20 minutes, normally it's 15 minutes...so kind".  "I get back problems", I said, "is he reasonable?"  "Very fair", she said, "he does a special rate for me because I'm regular, £30 a session".
"Oh" ::)

dai

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 10:22:52 am »

I never have...!!
someone from Wales made a "joke" about car thieves from Liverpool

It wasn't me Steve. It's not car thieves but sheep rustlers that get up my nose, they target the best looking ones too. DAI