matt

Re: wfp in the hot sun?
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 06:37:26 pm »

Please dont be offended by this Matt.. do you spend a lot of your day talking to customers?

seriously though, joking aside

its something i need to work on, as the round is established and normally older people, they do like to chat a bit  ;)

Morph

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2006, 07:09:15 pm »
Thanks for advice chaps.
i'll have a chat on your threads about my problems ;D

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2006, 07:12:38 pm »
Thanks for advice chaps.

Sorry, PJ,

I apologise for assisting this thread to go off-topic, but isn't that how 'normal' conversations go?

matt

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2006, 07:46:56 pm »
Thanks for advice chaps.

your problems were solved B4 i made my post, its all to do with the final rinse

now back to mine ;)

s.hughes

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2006, 11:05:02 pm »
I always lift the brush off the glass on the final rinse and just let the water jet onto the glass. I dont know if most do this.

Steve

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2006, 09:33:59 am »
me too unless its 30' or more then i turn up the flow and leave it on the glass to rinse

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2006, 10:30:01 am »

After several muttered swearwords I went and got my applicator and squeegee and started to go over them......etc..etc

.....Checked them over when they had and they had dried out perfect.
Co-incidence? ;)

neil100

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2006, 11:15:18 am »
I have had no problems with spots on hot glass.

In fact its one of the things I like about wfp, I know how hot glass gets so I just put plenty of water on and rinse with brush on glass, no pressure on the brush, it just sits there resting on the glass.

If the glass beads, and thats were your biggest problems are going to be with spots and hot glass, as some parts of the glass are likely to be missed in the rinse so as the water dries the dirt particles present in the water are left on the glass causing spots.

After cleaning the window A monofiliment brush resting gently on the glass  going from side to side thourghley in the rinseing processes with a good flow rate will cover the entire area of glass leaving no dirty water to evaporoute leaving spots.

Nel.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2006, 01:03:03 pm »
Tut tut Rog,
Taking a quote and re-arranging it to agree with your own point of view.
And you may be quicker than me with an applicator and squeegee, but you are certainly not better!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Art of Clean

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2006, 01:48:53 pm »
Wow. How nice to get questions answered without asking the question. :o Thanks Guys.

I'm quite new to the site but boy did it help me a lot.

Coming to the spotty window problem... It was said the windows have not been cleaned in 3 months?
I had to do a school a few weeks ago that wasn’t cleaned for 1 year. What a job.

I always make sure the customer understands how I clean the windows.

I also explain that regular cleans leave a better effect. This wash all dust out and reduce spots.

Make sure your customer knows that the first wash might leave spots and explain why.

For 3 monthly or once per year jobs...well I prepare myself for washing all windows twice or even more and I then prepare my quote likewise. ;D

Mr. S

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2006, 02:12:53 pm »
Ive not had any probs with spotting in hot weather yet, but please enlighten me i use normal jets. Does this make a difference as to fan jets,.......
Just wondering!!!
Also type of brush head too, I use Ionics!!

Do you think these 2 points might have a bearing?