A & L and post office
« on: May 05, 2006, 06:42:46 pm »
I'm thinking of going with Alliance & Leicester, however there is not a bank near us.

Does anyone use the Post Office to deposit Money?

carl stanton

Re: A & L and post office
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 06:50:20 pm »
you can just pay in at the post office if my memmory  serves me correct it takes a bit longer to go in i think? dont think you get charged, for personal any way!

David 'Duck' Clare

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 06:51:37 pm »
hi bear

with A&L business banking you can only use the post office - you cannot use the branch network at all.

if you are using the branch network (i.e. a personal account you can only deposit 5 cheques a day)

a friend of mine is a branch manager with A&L and he point blank told me not to use their business account (for many reasons but mainly as they take a longer time to clear cheques and because so many cheques get lost in the post)

up to you fella - but i would look at Abbey myself

DC

David 'Duck' Clare

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 06:54:03 pm »
if its a personal a/c you can use the post office no problem but the same time to clear cheques etc applies

personally if i want a bank a/c i want to go into a bank NOT the post office - especially on a thursday (as its oap day and they all want to chat to me!!!)

DC

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 06:57:33 pm »
Can't find nearest branch locator?

simbag

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 10:27:55 pm »
I have an A&L commercial acc and not had problem with it yet, haven't really noticed any delay with cheque payments, no more than any other bank anyway. I've been given 18 months free banking in total, and I think their standard charges are quite low too.

I find the fact that they only do PO banking a postive, as I live in a small village, the nearest bank is only a few miles away but, its so much easier to pop in PO on way home.

I never post the cheques, I always hand them over the counter and get my paying in book stamped, that way its more secure than using standard post.

Simon