sair

thoughts please
« on: May 05, 2006, 06:20:45 pm »
if ban down south kicks in which i sincerley hope not .
where is the best place to buy 10 thousand litres of water from, as i have the space for storage .should last three months depends if i r/o it first or just di it

and its not scare tatics just covering my options if things get silly cant find any one with grey water sorse

thoughts please
Essentially Pure Ltd

dai

Re: thoughts please
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 01:50:13 pm »
Well if you were to buy a tanker full from Barmouth, North Wales the TDS WOULD BE ONLY 19 OR 20 PPM DAI

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 02:54:55 pm »
am sure someone  ask that question a while back, I remembered that person saying something like, a hose ban means just that, you cant even use water from anywhere else, even if you buy it, i could be wrong, but am sure that was in the claus from the water board.jouk45. ps, you could get a di vessel come to scotland and load up, with water being almost pure, you would fill a tank in no time,

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 03:56:20 pm »
am sure someone  ask that question a while back, I remembered that person saying something like, a hose ban means just that, you cant even use water from anywhere else, even if you buy it, i could be wrong, but am sure that was in the claus from the water board.jouk45. ps, you could get a di vessel come to scotland and load up, with water being almost pure, you would fill a tank in no time,

I thought that the source area of the water was irrelevant too but at the drought order hearings, the water companies all cofirmed that they would have no problem with water being brought in from outside the drought area.  In fact, I don't think they could prevent it as it would be an unreasonable restraint of trade.  If they did try to prevent it, there would be a case against them (IMO) if someone had an accident on a ladder because they wouldn't allow them to work with a pole system.
They aren't doing us any favours, they just want to avoid being sued.

007 or what

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 07:35:26 pm »
hi sair where abouts in the south are you?

gaza

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 08:08:01 pm »
JUST TRIED LABELLING MY WATER AND THE INK RAN ;D how could you prove you got your pure water from annother area cus it would be pure ???

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

spotless2000

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 08:29:12 pm »
I think the authorities will want to follow the paper trail i.e. invoices / delivery notes

... and if you haven’t got these? :-[

... And what else have you not got invoices for Sir…. Erm right we’ll pass that piece of information onto the Inland Revenue!

Could be a Big can of worms !!! :o

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 09:16:31 pm »
You could always drill your own bore hole.

While the water companies have rights to surface water they have none to water from under the ground which is where 90% of it is.

I don't know how you'd go about drilling it or if there is only underground water in certain places or everywhere.

We do the windows of one place that has an old 40ft deep brick well in their garden which has fresh water in it all year round. They can legally use it to water the plants with a pump and a hose.

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 09:19:07 pm »
Once you buy your 1st tanker etc  legally of course who can say how much you have used or where the top up come from!!?  ;) ;D ::)

poleman

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 09:30:38 pm »
From me, I have the biggest pure water window cleaning system in the country (17’000gpd) Tony think we have spoken on the phone before give me a ring if your interested Tel: 01202 606050 anyone else interested I am in Poole in Dorset 

Andy

Franky2020

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 09:40:09 pm »
With the way its raining today hopefully there wont be a shortage.
Long may it continue on weekend nights.

gaza

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 10:24:32 pm »
poleman wanna bet ;D youve got to go some to beat me,can fill up 24/7 at mains pressure,never check how much in gpd it produces,but run a tap 24/7 at full tilt then thatss your answer ;D an elga system not just 000tds it lab test water :P

gaza

mark f

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 10:52:17 pm »
why not just use your ladders??????? No problem.

poleman

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 11:14:45 pm »
poleman wanna bet ;D youve got to go some to beat me,can fill up 24/7 at mains pressure,never check how much in gpd it produces,but run a tap 24/7 at full tilt then thatss your answer ;D an elga system not just 000tds it lab test water :P

gaza

Well, its the spec of the system and its capability

for the doubting thomas...UKs biggest pure water window cleaning system (as confirmed by all top manufactures)

One of the Moderators...David Morris has see it at first hand ;)    

gaza

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 11:15:07 pm »
Having fallen 16ft head first into a yorkshire stone brick wall is your answer

was at work next day though [great motavator being self employed and  having 6 kids

gaza

macc

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 09:44:57 pm »

gaza

Well, its the spec of the system and its capability

for the doubting thomas...UKs biggest pure water window cleaning system (as confirmed by all top manufactures)

One of the Moderators...David Morris has see it at first hand ;)    

thats good enough for me.  ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 09:56:55 pm »
Its true he has got a big one .it also has a 6000 litre storage capacity.

Trouble is he has only got a small round which is mostly bungalows. ;D

Andrew how did your photo get on the front cover of pwc magazine Issue 1.  has the image been reversed as i have seen that picture from the oposite angle

poleman

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 11:03:54 pm »
I David thanks for confirming, yes I gave permission to PWC to put one of are contracts on the front cover, so yes he must have reversed the picture

http://www.professionalwindowcleaner.co.uk/image/Issue%201%20Front%20Cover%20Complete%20Norm.jpg     

Andy