David 'Duck' Clare

Local shops - what price???
« on: May 03, 2006, 03:54:30 pm »
I have had 4 local shops call me to quote for fortnightly cleans.

Im a little lost as to price on these and would welcome everyones input:

1. 2 x large windows of 1.5 m x 1.5 m inside and out (clothes shop)

2. as above plus 2 x side windows 1.5 m tall and 40 cm wide (hardware store)

3. 4 x 1m x 1.5 m outside only

4. 3 x 2m x 2.5m - showroom inside and out

im looking at these and thinking about £4 - £6 each but am i way over or under pricing them. (obviously ill go as hight as possible !  ;D)

based in sussex (the poor bit! lol)

regards
DC

scrimit2

Re: Local shops - what price???
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 07:14:37 pm »
David

Im probably not the best one answer this because I always get the job (which means Im too cheap) but

if you really need or want these jobs, I would think your estimates are about what I would say, but as they are shops I think you could try for a bit more or at least the higher side of your estimates, I do a shop with two large windows and a door for £4 and I know they would pay more if I asked,

the other thing I find with doing shops is that its a good place to pick up new customers.

Karl Wheeler

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 07:24:04 pm »
Hi
You have to consider that you are only cleaning them fortnightly so i would price for about £6-£7 especially with the inclement weather we have and the people who love to throw things at windows.

Karl

jon adams

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 10:23:59 pm »

Hi David
                   1. £8
                    2 £10
                    3£5
                    4 £10,  try it if they say no, say ok ill do you a deal and knock £2 quid off, dont speak and let them reply. Let us know how you get on, doing shops is more intresting than houses on a dead estate.
                  Jon

matt

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 10:29:42 pm »
ive just ditched 3 shops

i did 3 out of the 4 shops on the block

the thing i find, is you have to get up early to do them, then return when they are open to do the inside door and collect

all for a few quid :(

just not worth the hastle for me

ronaldo

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 10:33:48 pm »
ive just ditched 3 shops

i did 3 out of the 4 shops on the block

the thing i find, is you have to get up early to do them, then return when they are open to do the inside door and collect

all for a few quid :(

just not worth the hastle for me
Exactly my thinking on them aswell Matt.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

rosskesava

Re: Local shops - what price??? New
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 10:41:10 pm »
All our commercial customers pay every 4 weeks if under about £10 per clean. It saves a lot of time.

So for price per 4 weeks:

1    £15

2    £15 or £20

3    £15 or £20

4    £20 or £25

Shops and commercial work is/are so quick and if you can get lots of them, they become a stable income week in week out.  For instance, the first one you mentioned. I'd reckon on at most 5 minutes. Possibly less after a few cleans as you get to know the job.

It's worth remembering that by and large the standard doesn't need to be a high as for houses, and that the prices are usually lower when compared to resindentual work.

Shops only usually start to become really worth it when you build up a number of them. You'll usually find as time goes by you will get more work locally simply because you turn up every week. Also, all our commercial work is done during the day and not early in the morning because I want the customer to know for a fact that we turn up every week. I also have pre printed 'your windows have been cleaned' compliment slips which we date and leave on the counter.

We started with 6 hard won commercial jobs 4 years ago and now have 149, some weekly, some 2 weekly and some monthly - so it's worth sticking at it. From time to time you will get a really good earner.

Also, all you do every week or whatever is turn up and do the work. No phoning, little organisation and no access hassle. Simple and easy work.

If I had my way we'd only do commercial work.