RO-Sheen

What is the maximum TDS before it causes problems?
« on: May 03, 2006, 09:17:57 am »
My TDS has always been 000 since I got my system mid feb but lately it has been creeping up. Yesterday it was reading 9ppm. Has anyone any ideas? My colour change resin is only half spent.
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Ian_Giles

Re: What is the maximum TDS before it causes problems?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 02:30:05 pm »
Time to change your resin!
You don't give a lot of info on what type of system you have, is it DI only? Or R/O too?
With the resin that I use (in fact I've used 2 different types and both do the same thing) once the 2 different colour beads have separated out so that it in fact looks as if it is only half used, it is of course fully exhausted.

You can get away with a TDS reading in the low teens, I have on occasion (not deliberately I might add) but it isn't to be recommended.

My R/O brings down my TDS to a reading of 0.001-2 ppm so as soon as my pure water reading shows the same I change my resin.
I rather suppose that if you are using a resin only system then you want to try and wring the most you can out of your resin, but if you are on an R/O why bother?
Your reading starts to climb so change your resin.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

ray l

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 07:35:08 pm »
I think I was told if it went above 12 or 14 it was time to change or customers would start to complain.

petetaylor56

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 10:09:07 pm »
 :)i ran mine to 15 with no problem but wouldnt let it get any higher :)
today i be mostly wfp

RO-Sheen

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 08:50:30 am »
Cheers Guys

Ian- My system is a Reach and Wash pro 5 (DI+RO)
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Morph

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 09:38:07 am »
Cheers Guys

Ian- My system is a Reach and Wash pro 5 (DI+RO)

Wow!  You'd think they'd have told you when to change the resin......At those prices!

Sorry mate :o

gsw

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 06:28:34 pm »
Hi ian, I have the same system.... I found that one resin cannister (the first one) lasted 2 1/2months, the second I bought form ionics started to diminish after 3weeks!!! I wasn't best pleased at £60.00 a pop, so I went and bought my self a seperate DI vessel, 11L for £130.00 filled with resin after this I reckon resin will cost no more than £12-£15.00 per month at worst and you can buy the resin in bags to refill. I wont be buying any more DI cannisters from Ionics. Hope this helps.

In  the meantime take your DI cannister off and give it a good shake up, this mixes the resin up and you will bring the tds down lower. On a spent cannister this needs doing every couple of days! hope this helps, Greg.

007 or what

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 07:21:51 am »
hi where did you buy your seperate DI vessel from?