2 (4.7%)
pressurised  containers

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 40

jouk45

Re: please vote autobrush or remote control
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 01:09:52 am »
MANUAL SWITCH IS THE WINNER
thanks everyone for the replys, well, am real surprised at the amount that use manual switches, this is how i had assumed it would be, (1) remote control.  (2 ) fast catching up autobrush. (3)  control valve.  (4) trigger  (6) manual switch. (7) others. oddly enough iv been using the manual switch to, recently i tryed to buy a remote control for my trolley, reason why is that 2 weeks ago i laid my pole against the wall to turn the switch of. The pole fell sideways and broke of the brush head. the  angle addaptor smashed to pieces, so with the help of jeff 1 who knows about electronics, tryed to get a reasonably good  remote from maplins it was a nightmare. so this is how i come about the voting pole to see what other wfp use to activate the water, thanks jouk45

gaza

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2006, 01:18:16 am »
JOUCK: COULD AVE TOLD YOU BEFORE YOU TYPED OUT THE POLL ;D

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2006, 06:45:34 pm »

thanks everyone for the replys, well, am real surprised at the amount that use manual switches, this is how i had assumed it would be, (1) remote control.  (2 ) fast catching up autobrush. (3)  control valve.  (4) trigger  (6) manual switch. (7) others. oddly enough iv been using the manual switch to, recently i tryed to buy a remote control for my trolley, reason why is that 2 weeks ago i laid my pole against the wall to turn the switch of. The pole fell sideways and broke of the brush head. the  angle addaptor smashed to pieces, so with the help of jeff 1 who knows about electronics, tryed to get a reasonably good  remote from maplins it was a nightmare. so this is how i come about the voting pole to see what other wfp use to activate the water, thanks jouk45

Jouk, you can get the garage door remote from Maplins for about £30.00 I used to put them on all my trolley systems until I developed the Autobrush.  The remote was good, better than a trigger or garden hose type water stop, but the Autobrush is much better.

I am not surprised that the  manual switch won as I think most people on here who participate have trolley systems, and a lot of them DIY.  There is a lot of suppliers out there who supply the parts that make up a system, and as I am the only one who does an Autobrush then a lot of people are getting sold some other means of turning the water on and off.   The other suppliers quite rightly are not going to send everyone who want a brush in my direction even although it is the best way to stop and start the water.  If all the other suppliers gave their customers the option of the Autobrush when buying their brushes or systems, I have no doubt the Autobrush would have been the preferred method by the majority.

Let me know if you have trouble finding the remote and I will look up the part No.

Peter Fogwill

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2006, 07:50:27 pm »
I originally fitted the Autobrush to a part used brush head. Today I decided the brush was past its best at 10 months so transfered the Autobrush  attachement  to a new head. Drilled 6 small holes in the new head and refitted it in about 20 min.
Its an excellent bit of kit.

007 or what

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2006, 08:01:01 pm »
hi easyclean how do you attach your on/off flow valve to your waist belt?

jouk45

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2006, 09:34:51 am »
heres a cheap remote control,and its the reciever and transmiter,
http://www.dw-tuning.co.uk/shop/(xmqdmjjpg43gwf45ld5t02el)/detailview.aspx?ID=1114876

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2006, 09:41:06 am »
Think it was someone on here that pointed out that the pump can cause interference and reduce the on/off function in some cases. Something to do with am/fm types. ie one frequency can be blocked by the interference, I think you can build a faraday cage round the pump to reduce the interference.
Not sure which type is which tho. Anyone know the difference ?

jouk45

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2006, 09:48:12 am »
jeff, i think you have to use this little 6amp mini relay from maplins. it has to work independently from the 12v battery, and using 2 aa batteries,i was told you want the remote to work from its own power source, so it just switches on and of, without drawing any 12v from your battery

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2006, 11:02:07 am »
So put it in a circuit + from 12v battery to relay then  to remote,then to pump, then back to battery ?  ???

jeff1

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2006, 01:38:47 pm »
The remote control system works independently from the pump,

you operate the relay with the remote contol this way  your main battery is not supplying the reciever, as this can cause problems with the switching when your battery starts to get low at the end of the day.

The reciever has its own battery supply, say 3 volts ie 2 pencil battery's, and when activated by the transmitter it switches the power on to the pump,(via a relay)  that still has its own supply from the battery.

jouk45

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2006, 01:42:16 pm »
thanks jeff1, you have explained it better than i have, jouk45