anderclean

ro man service
« on: May 02, 2006, 05:00:00 pm »
rubbish (in a word)

am having severe problems with my ro system purchased from these people about 6 months ago.
all was well till about 2 weeks ago.
the annoying thing is i've been unable to talk to any one on the phone - although i've constantly asked them to phone me at the end of every e mail.

i bought a 300 gallon a day system with a booster pump (in a box).

it seems now the pump is faulty and i can't see a new one on their web site.

has anyone else had this problem ?

can you buy a pump in a box similar (idiot proof) some where else?

the most annoying thing is i explained that my lively hood depended on this system working and after countless e mails from me and one line answer replies from them back - i feel totally insignificant as a customer with most of my e mail content being blatently ignored.

beware

rob

stevef

Re: ro man service
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 05:42:39 pm »
I have the same problems Rob, My first RO booster pump broke so I ordered another while the first was being fixed. It took three months of constent emails to get my pump back even then They sent me a stand alone pump not one in a box. Now the second one has packed up and RO Mans says it is out of waranty after only four months. They say if I send it back they will look into the cost of repair FAT CHANCE. I have spent a tidy sum with them over the last 18 months but no more! they are ok when you are spending money with them but as soon as you get a problem thats it! no comunication or customer service.So I too am looking for a new sorce of RO booster pumps

Steve

jon adams

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 09:05:54 pm »
Rob,
       sorry to hear your having probs, i have phoned ro-man several times after purchasing a ro- man 300gpd elsewhere and found them very helpfull. My ro only produces 500l a day what were you getting before pump and what after, my tap pressure is 45-50.
                         Jon

david wood

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 09:37:29 pm »
i bought an ro unit and a booster pump from them also i rang them the day it was deliverd for help in setting things up the lad on the phone was very rude and didnt have the time of day for me  in the end alex another supplier helped me then a few days after that my booster pump went faulty i rang but you have to sort things out by email no responce for over a week but to be honest after that they did keep in touch and the person who was sending me the emails was a lot nicer than the person on the phone i sent the pump back and waited for a responce bit of confusion over the next 2 weeks but it never reached them so ive had to fill in a form with the post office while its being tracked as this it going on ive got no pump and iam out of pocket

derek mckeon

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 09:53:52 pm »
it must of been the same little t... that i asked to explaine kow to put mine in i put my partner onthe phone to him andhe had to give me the phone back he nearly drove down to south to put his little lights out

ScrimShady

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 02:39:10 pm »
found a pump box on this site and it cheaper then then ro-man and it has his name on it
STRANGE!!!!

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/wcw/ecommerce/index.php?file=product&idcate=87&page=3

ScrimShady

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 02:43:09 pm »
sorry everyone, i got the wrong link.
but i have had a lot of stuff off the ro-man and tried ringing him loads of time but i gave up in the end and tried to work it out by myself and from people on this site, much more helpful

anderclean

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 10:51:59 pm »
jon

my tap is 40 to 45 pressure.

before the pump i was also getting about 500 litres per day (24hrs)

with the pump i was getting 1000 litres in about 22 hrs !

quite a difference.

ro-man are not replying to my e mails now.
what a way to run a business........

thanks for the link scrim shady

phil newton

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 12:24:45 am »
me to pump broke twice bought from gardiner poles kirsty was great full refund the new pump boxes will not have a pressure switch for auto shut off and this may solve problem no excuse for bad customer service thats if you can get hold of them that is

jon adams

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 09:49:53 pm »

Thanx rob, looks like i wont be getting a booster thingy from ro-man, hope you get sorted.

Jon

p1w1

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 12:08:27 pm »
i have asked ro-man a number of times to contact me as i was interested in there products but they haven't. I wouldn't  recommed anyone buying there stuff.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006, 08:05:43 pm »
I'm still waiting for my 100gpd to arrive I'm told ro-man is moving though, anyway given what has been said here and my own experence I wont be dealing with them again, I'm going to try these guys out, they also have ro pumps though they are little more expensive.  http://www.osmotics.co.uk/
Sussex by the sea

gaza

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 08:11:16 pm »
In their defence Ive never had  any problems with them

gaza [lucky gaza]
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

matt

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 08:19:26 pm »
ive had a fair amount of RO's off RO-MAN, they allways arrive next day even though i pay the cheapo postage and they have allways been great

though these are only the 50 gall per day systems

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 08:25:46 pm »
Hmmm I did go through a supplier perhaps that hasnt helped lesson learnt  ::)
Sussex by the sea

anderclean

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 10:06:15 pm »
still trying to get sorted.
very frustrating.
be warned...................

M FORBES LTD

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 07:42:24 am »
they are very small company
had some help but they take long time to send any reply
i would say 7/10

Trevor Knight

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 07:45:58 am »
Rob,

Try Kirsty at wwwgardinerpolesystems.co.uk, i think she deals with them and is a really helpful person. Sometimes tricky to get hold off but really helpful when you do.

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire